• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Spife

Smash Master
i need help againt Falcon, I hate Link vs. Falcon.
Get 8 months of practice, that's what I did!
But no seriously, spam projectiles, space fairs if you're facing him (most falcons will kinda run in with momentum, jumping back and fairing would give you the most range out of that situation) and uptilts. Uptilts ****. Skler will tell you (and I think he pointed it out) that falcon is fast enough to punish you but don't listen to him, Uptilt will trade hits on well spaced nairs but they still ****. You just, juggle him with them. Tasty.

I don't like small stages against him. I forget the rest. Useful am I.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ David..
Can me and Andy join?
i mean like..
3 Links and One Sheik..
thats gg..
can my Link girls join too?
they look so pretty, look at my avatar =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ but but but.

i thought we had something special =(

k so David WHY THE **** WONT YOU CHAIN GRAB MY LINK !

Seriously I HAVENT SEEN YOU CHAIN GRAB MY LINK !

I ****ING LOVE YOU =D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I suck at CG except vs Ganon / Sheik I didn't bother learning the timing on other characters at super low percent because it seemed pointless. I'm pretty sure Sheik ***** most characters plenty without automated death combos so...

I'll practice it if you want I guess.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
YOU DONT HAVE TOO BUT I MUST EXPERIENCE THE TRUE GAYNESS OF SHEIK .

btw LOL @ your avatar.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah, so far I've had a lot of mixed replies about this avvy.

I just tried it on a cpu in training mode for some reason I can do it right now at medium-low (like 18) wtf. Tech skill... success?

:confused:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ no no no
no scrubs around here lol.

Spife..how the **** dd you die from the first stock scrah in ys?
i swear that was like dbr di..
no offence bro but you could of made that if you di'd up.

Deva

Smash Lord
Spife, you actually did surprisingly well. Just work on DI and avoiding simple mistakes and you'd probably start placing extremely well. Like, against Skler you had the lead almost every stock but died early from bad DI and killing yourself, but still almost always gained the lead back. Impressive.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Spife, you actually did surprisingly well. Just work on DI and avoiding simple mistakes and you'd probably start placing extremely well. Like, against Skler you had the lead almost every stock but died early from bad DI and killing yourself, but still almost always gained the lead back. Impressive.
indeed.
once Spife works on Di its gg for everyone whos blocking his way..

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well since i got nothing to do..

Which link player do u think is the best? (can be current or retired)

well, when i was new to the game, i played link cause i loved the series, but aniki was the player who really inspired me to play him more seriously. too bad that now he plays as samus :/

and of the current ones, im not pretty sure. Skler could be the best ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ i mean like he got me more into player Link and i learned a lot of stuff just by watching his games and combo vids.
na mean?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Overall I'd say Aniki, even though I don't even know if he still play. I seriously think his prime is better then any Link today.
He just beat more high/top level players with Link then any Link from US or Europe has.

idea

Smash Master
probably better to look up some results from link players in tourney, past and present. and present will mean more, since everyone has gotten so much better. germ definitely has the fastest link, though...i can see that in stos' link too, he just uses move always and combos you in unexpected ways.

so guys, how should jigglypuff edgeguard link? <_< i find it oddly difficult.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
probably better to look up some results from link players in tourney, past and present. and present will mean more, since everyone has gotten so much better. germ definitely has the fastest link, though...i can see that in stos' link too, he just uses move always and combos you in unexpected ways.

so guys, how should jigglypuff edgeguard link? <_< i find it oddly difficult.
ty =D

Use your multijumps to fair or bairs to take away Links double jump. Like dont even let him use his double jump.
though if Link doesnt go far after being sent out stage
reset invin. frames using edge.
against hookshot - wait for air dodge and go for the bair.
against scrah - bair x2. If you simply hit me with one bair i can go for the hookshot.
but yeah bottom line, take away Links double jump.

also Kyle use more bair against my Link.

idea

Smash Master
so basically what you're saying is to get out there pretty fast. it seems like if i get to the point where you're timing your up-b there's not a whole lot i can do. the one thing i can think of (got it from sliq) is falling off with reverse fairs with ledge invincibility. i never seem to remember that mid-match =P

actually, i might now. i mean, i haven't played you in a while. only got one match in at my last smashfest.

Top Bottom