• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Spife

Smash Master
wtf happened to the Link forums? I miss naming things after my self and then having people point out that all I do is add S's and Sp's

We need to stimulate our economy, so to speak, so I'm giving everyone home work.
I want you to go out and Link ditto a random person on the street, and lose. Then tell them about smash boards. This is a way to recruit new members.

Okay I couldn't find the quote so I paraphrased. Props to anyone who can figure out what I butchered though.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
This week, each of you has a homework assignment. You're going to go out and start a link ditto with a total stranger...

You're going to start a link ditto... and you're going to lose.

Spife

Smash Master
This week, each of you has a homework assignment. You're going to go out and start a link ditto with a total stranger...

You're going to start a link ditto... and you're going to lose.
Thanks.
Cight Flub char

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lol its fulfilled, and ill play link dittos with you skler if you go to genesis if i go to of course. but it is most likely.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh my god i lost against a silly Link player i found in the streetzszszsz
he went osama on me and threw lots of explosives and followed it with a tornado.
im the worst link player evaaaaar!

Spife

Smash Master
Falco lol. Pretty stupid in my part really. FD+Falco=death.
Yeah don't do that.
I"ts my personal beleife that that's one of Link's worst neutrals. Fox can wave shine all dai, Sheik can homograb all day, and seriously, all day. Falco just lasers all dai, falcon has a lot of room to do stuff all dai. I really only like it for marth, or if you want some one to go falco cause you're young and arrogant (lol me at bullheaded).

HiIH

Smash Lord
SPIFE, I HEARD YOU PLAYED MY FRIEND JEFF AT REVIVAL OF MELEE.

You know, black guy (well mostly black) with glasses, and who plays Marth. Actually knows what to do against Link? aka Jx, aka Blue Marth "because it's the default color"

Spife

Smash Master
SPIFE, I HEARD YOU PLAYED MY FRIEND JEFF AT REVIVAL OF MELEE.

You know, black guy (well mostly black) with glasses, and who plays Marth. Actually knows what to do against Link? aka Jx, aka Blue Marth "because it's the default color"
****** head to the side*
I played probably 3-4 times the amount of players I didn't know then the players I do know (let alone playing the ones I know).
If I beat him, he didn't go marth, and I don't think he knew what to do against link (I might be thinking of some one else). I don't remember playing a lot of marths though. I was easily identifiable though so there's no way this got mixed up (like that one time I played hazz's roy but didn't, we figured that out at Revival).

I wish I knew though HiIH, then I would have naird him more. Or something

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
alright guys.
im going to a tourney tomorrow.
give me everything you know.
like cp stages against a certain charcater.
also sheik tips .. i need it.
percent combos and so on.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
if you grab sheik from 40-155 you can dthrow upB lol

for the high kill%s if she DI's away do a dashing upB to get the strong hit

Riku00

Smash Ace
alright guys.
im going to a tourney tomorrow.
give me everything you know.
like cp stages against a certain charcater.
also sheik tips .. i need it.
percent combos and so on.
Boomerang and Bair. Nair leaves you to open for attack against sheik. Spacing all of your attacks are the key. do your best to make sure all of your ground attacks are at the farthest length away as they can be while still hitting your opponent. If you play a good sheik, grabbing may be difficult.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
if you grab sheik from 40-155 you can dthrow upB lol

for the high kill%s if she DI's away do a dashing upB to get the strong hit
Boomerang and Bair. Nair leaves you to open for attack against sheik. Spacing all of your attacks are the key. do your best to make sure all of your ground attacks are at the farthest length away as they can be while still hitting your opponent. If you play a good sheik, grabbing may be difficult.
ty for the advice and stuff.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
but yeah i did really bad.
i won like all my mms (5 mms) and stuff which is cool but i did badly in the tourney like wtf this is like my worst ****icking tourney evar.

after i lost my first match second round i just went emo and basically gave up.

1: RaynEx
2: Unknown522
3: Waylon Jeepers
4: IB
5: Idea
5: Baba Ganoush
7: SummonedFist
7: Delorted
9: Afro Chris
9: Sanuzi
9: JPOP
9: Peterx
13: Jagg
13: Desh
13: Nightmare
13: Sylar
17: Just A Frog
17: Grmo
17: Kai
17: Goop
17: SUP3RCANS1R
17: Sauc3
17: Stos
17: Byron
25: JPOBs
25: LL62
25: Chun
25: Flan
25: WorldJem7
25: Omni

maaan i should of been like 5th-9th. w.e.

anyways Link boards is really really look bad i mean like. barely anyone is posting and **** which makes me sad.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I dropped the ball at my last tourny too, no worries.

It's been a bad month for Link.
yeaah ive been ****ign around with this game way to long i started talking to the top 5 in toronto and im gonna train with all of them like every weekend.

fox/falco/sheik/marth and so on.

Spife

Smash Master
I uh...beat some one in a link ditto last tourny >.>
then got wrecked by his peach
then lost two ics in a set, last hit each game. Too close

We need a new match up thread. I know "nair" could just be said for most match ups but still.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I uh...beat some one in a link ditto last tourny >.>
then got wrecked by his peach
then lost two ics in a set, last hit each game. Too close

We need a new match up thread. I know "nair" could just be said for most match ups but still.
yeah i thnk we need to update all our sticky threadslolol

right now im wokring on "moves to edge guard against a specific charcater" thingy

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so for the edge guard thing im working on, do you think Dtilt+..., Dsmash+... and Fsmas+... should be an option for edge gurading?

cause like i have and finished forward tilt, jump/run off nair, edge drop double jump bair or nair and up b

i also have uthrow fj and sh down air percentage for fox falco falcon.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of the dtilt. I forget why. But I hate that move.
I guess it should be used if ftilt wont work (for what ever reason) but I think ftilt should be used more so.

Skler should post something about edge guarding falco cause he did some stupid stuff. Something like drop down up b, the hits will clip falco and know him out of his up-b (if he's under the ledge). I forget all the stupid stuff he did but there was some more.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah ftilt is **** it like covers everyones up b lool when i was listng the charcters for ftilt i was like "wow i never knew this move ***** this badly"

yeah im just waiting for people to post stuff about Links edge guard so i can add it in.

Spife

Smash Master
uhh dropping a bomb right on the ledge is a silly party trick to get women to like you. I've only done/seen it once but it's funny and unexpected.

Something I saw GERM do a lot, is throw a projectile out to set them up for a nair.

Forcing them to the stage and then ledge hop dairs is also a good'un

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
it only work if they miss sweetspot also it works better when opponent is at high percent.

force up top to dair is the best option to edge gaurd sheik for me atleast.

Spife

Smash Master
it only work if they miss sweetspot also it works better when opponent is at high percent.

force up top to dair is the best option to edge gaurd sheik for me atleast.
and falcon, if you're afraid of nairing him off stage.

Top Bottom