• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legendary Smasher?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Dude, this thread was fun for a while

But you should probably let it die now.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
This thread has made me very curious about the shrouded history of smash bros. All most of us can get are potentially incorrect summaries off of smash wiki and hints from conversations between oldies. It would be awesome of swf worked on a timeline for smash. It'd be mad fun to put together and all of us who didn't get a chance to experience it all would be able to get a glimpse of how we got from scrubs playing FFA in 64 to where we are now.

Who's with me?!

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
if someone like this does exist, i bet they are from africa. ive been hearing a lot of rumors that africa is really good or something, but ive never actually SEEN anything from there.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Umm.... as much as I would like to agree with you about Africa, major gaming goes in in Europe, USA, and Australia. Although there is always a slim chance which makes your theory even better.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
how do some people find really good people to play with and practice with before they even got popular like mango?

Tamoo

Smash Master
by travelling

Also rathy Aro's idea is a pretty legit one, especially to people like me who have only been in the scene for a year, id be very interested in hearing what went on beforehand, a thread with a timeline including vids and shiz would be too awesome

Tweeker

Smash Rookie
if ken had any training from japan, he was probably playing with bombsoldier. To help out with that, they could have used the Japanese version to help practice. The japanese version has some differences that make it so you have to be more exact to get anything done.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
LOL I remember that, mannn the good ol' times!

anyone remember Sultan of Samitude( Falco)?

If you do, you get slice of cheesecake.
Wasn't he in DBR?

I think he posted in the Alaska thread a hella long time ago. Like before I was even playing.

Stev

Smash Ace
if ken had any training from japan, he was probably playing with bombsoldier. To help out with that, they could have used the Japanese version to help practice. The japanese version has some differences that make it so you have to be more exact to get anything done.
False. They have the same version we have: NTSC

Tweeker

Smash Rookie
that is true. but im just saying to practice. it would take a little more effort to get better. witch wouldnt be a bad idea. its also just a theory that he did if he did it.

joeplicate

Smash Master
if someone like this probably existed, i bet they'd be from africa

i mean africa was the dawn of human life as we know it
technically we're ALL from africa

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
by travelling

Also rathy Aro's idea is a pretty legit one, especially to people like me who have only been in the scene for a year, id be very interested in hearing what went on beforehand, a thread with a timeline including vids and shiz would be too awesome
Yeah... I wishi i had the time, and money. School consumes my time... and soon when i get older, i don't know if I will play video games at all.. its sad that I started so late. I ;ve only been playing smash competitively (64 and melee)(got my gamecube about 3/4 a year ago for 40 bucks :)) for 3/4 of year.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Someone actually agreed with me? Name searching is too good. XD

Someone should mention the timeline idea to someone who could get it done. Samurai Panda and AlphaZealot come to mind, because they both go pretty far back and seem like the type the could actually get it done.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I was gonna say the person your thinking of is the legendary dan smith, and then I searched his name to see if I was remembering his name correctly and found that he plays brawl now.

what a traitor.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Long ago before the dawn of melee, while the clacking of 64 controllers could still be heard across america, a lone smasher got himself an early copy of super smash bros. melee and began uncover the games secrets, for he planned to become the greatest of them all. But fate was against him as he learned that he would soon perish from a rare illness.

So he decided to pass his legacy on to a select few smashers around the globe, he spent years finding and training them, Aniki, Captain jack, Ken, Isai, M2k, Mango (Still in diapers) Silent spector , Azen, chillin, neo and Chu Dat. When their training was complete he finally breathed his last and hoped his legacy would live on. Some still say that if you look carefull you can still see him over the shoulder of every smasher, cheering them on from beyond the grave.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Long ago before the dawn of melee, while the clacking of 64 controllers could still be heard across america, a lone smasher got himself an early copy of super smash bros. melee and began uncover the games secrets, for he planned to become the greatest of them all. But fate was against him as he learned that he would soon perish from a rare illness.

So he decided to pass his legacy on to a select few smashers around the globe, he spent years finding and training them, Aniki, Captain jack, Ken, Isai, M2k, Mango (Still in diapers) Silent spector , Azen, chillin, neo and Chu Dat. When their training was complete he finally breathed his last and hoped his legacy would live on. Some still say that if you look carefull you can still see him over the shoulder of every smasher, cheering them on from beyond the grave.
Beautiful....

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I thought Shino, an old japanese smasher, went to a couple tournaments, and bigs ones at that, and completely destroyed everyone including bombsoldier.
After that he was never heard of again... sounds pretty hermit like to me.
But tetsuya, seems like the guy everyone is looking for... such intricate knowledge with only 2-3 years of game play. His fox outlined what fox does today soooooo well... perhaps to well....

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
In terms of training new players, Wak is the father for most smashers. He was really the first one that introduces and solidify the introduction to new players. Though Wak may not be the best player in the world, he was the mastermind that taught thousands of smashers the limit of the game.

However, in terms of creating the current metagame, Tetsuya is the reason that melee is the way it is today. While Ken was four stocking Sam with items on, Tetsuya has developed SHFFL, JC, and majority of the advance technique. Tetsuya's competitive style of play redefine competitive melee.

The point is, the way to determine whether a player is legendary or not should be how much they influence the current metagame, not on their personal skills.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
IM pretty sure Duke wintermaul and icefrog are the ones that taught ken and isai

Zodiac

Smash Master
well, if we're going to pin legendary smashers as a title on someone then it should be the first champions, Ken, isai, azen, chu , ect. ect.

Top Bottom