• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legendary Smasher?

Smash Journeyman
first time i saw MattDeezie he was wearing a bright silver sequin shirt

LOL
The infamous shine shirt which eventually was used as the new term for fox's Reflector.

edit: Even though the Smash Hall of Fame only lasted for 1 year, this how it should look........

Already In:
Ken
Isai
MattDeezie
Gideon
M3D
Azen

Should Be In:
Eddie
Wes
Kish Prime, Squared, Cubed, and the rest of Ship of Fools
Captain Jack

Maybe Should Be In One Day:
Recipherus
Zulu
Mew2King
KoreanDJ
2001???????

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
first time i saw MattDeezie he was wearing a bright silver sequin shirt

LOL
LOL I remember that, mannn the good ol' times!

anyone remember Sultan of Samitude( Falco)?

If you do, you get slice of cheesecake.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
well i heard that everyone in florida was taught by queenDVS and Lambchops.

also ken did train isai in melee, however isai was god of 64, the transition was difficult so ken taught isai how to play melee.

Also DA Dave invented the short hop laser, im surprised mike G didnt shout him out. im also pretty sure Wes invented the super wavedash. in those days m2k was bad, mango didnt exist and we were playing melee with 5 stocks. i actually came into melee right when that era was finishing. it was a nice time where tourneys werent divided between an amazing game and a terrible piece of **** with similar characters.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wes didn't invent the Super WD but he made the best use of it imo.

Same with Dave. But they are both Legends in my book.

Back in the day we all used to play 10 stock matches, all stages on random and single char/elimination.

You kids have it easy.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
yeah, idk. Well, either way Ken taught isai or isai taught ken.... who taught the one who taught the other? I still think that everyone has to have someone else to learn from imo.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Tetsuya was a Japanese smasher. He had unpresedented technical proficiency for his time, intricite game knowledge, and super advanced combo abilties which to years to popularize in America. He also held all of the HRC records, and probably many of the BTTs as well (correct me on this). He was so good, people thought his matches were fake.

His combo video, featuring some advanced combos that you can still see used today. And "Wobbling"

His Fox, with ridic tech for his time

Some sick Mario combos

I think these vids are from 2002 or 2003. Correct me if any of this is wrong.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
dear god... for 2003 to be able to do that stuff.. this tetsuya is quite legendary indeed. He was using mario like he was a captain falcon.

@ Rest in Peace, IDK when the Ken Combo was invented, but just a guess, maybe a year after he started playing melee?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Yeah i saw him do an even better one on yoshi, with 8 fairs! and then a dair. but it can be done on cpu's easily. Still, this guy might be the legendary smasher we've been looking for. All the top pros could have studied him and in my book that is the same thing as being taught.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
gamerguitarist? I thought he was just a casual smash player and better than scar? lol are u kidding me right now? Scar is master of falcon. The best falcons imo are Silent Spectre, Darkrain, and Scar

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
gamerguitarist? I thought he was just a casual smash player and better than scar? lol are u kidding me right now? Scar is master of falcon. The best falcons imo are Silent Spectre, Darkrain, and Scar
it's an inside joke lol

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also DA Dave invented the short hop laserQUOTE]

Back in time when me and my only smash friend were playing fox and falco, he was short hopping lasers just by instinct with falco, even if we never heard of anyone beside us playing the game, and never knew fox and falco were the top tiers in the list at this time as well.

On a side note, the one who [teached a lot of smashers is known to be the most secret smasher of all time. He is so secret that some says that the Advanced how to play just uploaded by itself on Youtube.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wes didn't invent the Super WD but he made the best use of it imo.

Same with Dave. But they are both Legends in my book.

Back in the day we all used to play 10 stock matches, all stages on random and single char/elimination.

You kids have it easy.
You tell 'em grandma Peach! Shake that cane!

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
2 bad about kish cubed... making the ken combo with uair and dair? thats kind of werid, i mean you can do that but a combo more representative of marth's combo would be a falcons fair and then dair

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hey is there a really good cf named SIN? My friends think this SIn guy is one of the oldest players of all time.

PS His name is SIN because he got banned because he was 2 good,,................jk

Top Bottom