• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen is banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
If you want to be seen as a respresentative member of this community (which i think you do) then you should refrain from making such posts on what is a serious issue for the smash community as a whole, come on grow up man...

Leffen, you have been given an opportunity to make amends and i sincerely suggest and hope that you do apologise.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
If you want to be seen as a respresentative member of this community (which i think you do) then you should refrain from making such posts on what is a serious issue for the smash community as a whole, come on grow up man...
People by now should know that I am only serious when I need to be taken seriously. Anyone in recent memory can recall my effort in the fundraising for EVO, my call to arms for increasing production value, etc. I put more work into this community than I probably should (especially after being "retired" for 3 years now and running). So, I'm going to continue derailing this topic with gifs, because a bunch of people will comment who have no bearing on the subject at hand and how it is being passed out (myself included). My gifs are stand-ins for the myriad of inane comments that will be made in this thread. I'm just saving time.

Mr P

Smash Ace
People by now should know that I am only serious when I need to be taken seriously. Anyone in recent memory can recall my effort in the fundraising for EVO, my call to arms for increasing production value, etc. I put more work into this community than I probably should (especially after being "retired" for 3 years now and running). So, I'm going to continue derailing this topic with gifs, because a bunch of people will comment who have no bearing on the subject at hand and how it is being passed out (myself included).

What you did in fundraising for EVO is fantastic and i applaud you for that but you do not help this situation by posting gifs and making a pantomine out of the situation. This is the kind of situation where the melee community and it's representative members shall be judged, and with EVO coming up and a lot of other great events this is a chance to prove that we are a mature community that deals with these situations in the right manner. You being a prominent figure have a responsiblilty to be that upstanding member of the community and post constructively about the issue, but hey what do i know i've only been around to see every drama that ever happen on smashboards for the last 10 years. It's your choice but i thought you were better than that...

Gea

Smash Master
While I don't doubt that leffen has done these things or the validity of the ban, I do question why, when the purpose of this whole thing is to reduce the drama in the Swedish smash community, that a very public thread in the melee discussion needed to be created on this topic. It seems like this is just likely going to just a thread full of talking crap about leffen. Wouldn't it have been more effective to contact him, tell him that he's banned and then have the Swedish T.O.s add a statement in their tournament listing on smashboards notifying that leffen is banned from their tournament? I guess I just don't understand how useful creating a thread in the melee discussion is for this situation.
I think the idea is that this isn't up for discussion on their end, they have made their decision and want the full story out so that if American TOs want to also enforce the player ban, they do so with full knowledge. I agree though that these boards are ripe for drama at all times.

And Prog's posting is probably doing more to diffuse people arguing or acting like Leffen is a melting witch from the Wizard of Oz.

unknown - banned for CHOKING INUI
pb&j - banned for owing people sizable ammounts of money, un-banned upon paying them back

leffen - banned for...hurting people's feelings?

grow up
If someone is consistently causing issues in the community, it's up to the community to decide what to do. The difference between what you posted and what is going on now is neither of those people were hostile towards new players or the scene as a whole. While you can definitely make a case that banning a player for flaming/trolling online is overboard, it's way more difficult to fault a scene for wanting to remove a player that is detrimental towards either the growth of the scene or everyone else's experiences. I haven't had enough contact with Leffen to make that call, nor have most people here, but the scene over there certainly have and thus made that call, supposedly after warnings and attempts to rectify any issues.

On a slightly different note, I'm not sure what I should feel about being one of the people responded to in EVIDENCE.ZIP

prog

What you did in fundraising for EVO is fantastic and i applaud you for that but you do not help this situation by posting gifs and making a pantomine out of the situation. This is the kind of situation where the melee community and it's representative members shall be judged, and with EVO coming up and a lot of other great events this is a chance to prove that we are a mature community that deals with these situations in the right manner. You being a prominent figure have a responsiblilty to be that upstanding member of the community and post constructively about the issue, but hey what do i know i've only been around to see every drama that ever happen on smashboards for the last 10 years. It's your choice but i thought you were better than that...
The judgement has been handed down, this is all water cooler talk about it.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm a new player, and I got to team with Leffen in a tournament, and he was nothing but cordial to me. I thought I played pretty well early on, but in the later matches against better opponents, I choked terribly, and he never once complained or made me feel bad about my performance. I was really mad at myself, but he never said anything antagonistic. Just my two cents.

prog

I'm a new player, and I got to team with Leffen in a tournament, and he was nothing but cordial to me. I thought I played pretty well early on, but in the later matches against better opponents, I choked terribly, and he never once complained or made me feel bad about my performance. I was really mad at myself, but he never said anything antagonistic. Just my two cents.
In my dealings with Leffen, he has been nothing but a gentleman. However, I'm just one person.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I support banning Leffen.
He's always been an a*****e, both to me (as a new player) and everyone on the boards.
And watching his shenanigans at Apex, I really don't like him. (not the teams rules thing, which, while disrespectful, was still perfectly fine)
There is a difference between trolling (INSANECARZYGUY) and being a d*** (Leffen).
Hey, everybody has good in them. I hope Leffen can make a change for the better.

Also, Prog is a champion and wins the internet
best poster in the entire thread

leffen

Smash Champion
Listen, before I make a public statement I want to clear some things up first. I wanna talk to the TO's in question, get my money back from armada (lol) and think this thing over.

However, the most important thing is that DO NOT LET THE MELEE COMMUNITY SUFFER BECAUSE OF ME.

If that requires banning me, then fine, and I'm gonna try to change (which I've already been doing, change doesn't happen overnight)...
BUT.

Do not spread this, do not let everyone see another ****ing smash drama. We already had MLG drama with m2k/adhd, and now recently Unknown... It just ****ing hurts us to make such a big deal out of this.
If the problem really was "drama" in the swedish smash scene, this public banning will do nothing but add a ****LOAD of drama for everyone.

A huge shoutouts to everyone who still supports me, but please do not try to defend me too hard. However unfair I think this is, I don't want this to be a"I hate leffen vs I dont" drama war...
The last thing I would want to do is put even more people in the line of fire.

@JKJ:have I met you?

prog

Listen, before I make a public statement I want to clear some things up first. I wanna talk to the TO's in question, get my money back from armada (lol) and think this thing over.

However, the most important thing is that DO NOT LET THE MELEE COMMUNITY SUFFER BECAUSE OF ME.

If that requires banning me, then fine, and I'm gonna try to change (which I've already been doing, change doesn't happen overnight)...
BUT.

Do not spread this, do not let everyone see another ****ing smash drama. We already had MLG drama with m2k/adhd, and now recently Unknown... It just ****ing hurts us to make such a big deal out of this.
If the problem really was "drama" in the swedish smash scene, this public banning will do nothing but add a ****LOAD of drama for everyone.

A huge shoutouts to everyone who still supports me, but please do not try to defend me too hard. However unfair I think this is, I don't want this to be a"I hate leffen vs I dont" drama war...

Awesome post.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I support you Leffen, although some of your trolling I think has gone a bit over the line, I think that if you put as much effort into apologizing, you will be fine. :cool:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
In my dealings with Leffen, he has been nothing but a gentleman. However, I'm just one person.
Exactly. Because someone is nice with some people doesn't mean it will be the same with others.
When I first met Leffen, he was kind of a douche (but the fact that at this tournament, I was teaming with someone he kinda hated didn't really help, I guess). The second time was quite neutral, and last time, he was really nice. I also housed him at my parents' place, and they really liked him as well.
So yeah, people don't act the same depending on where or with who they are.

I find this quite sad, but well, I can't say it's that much of a surprise. And knowing quite a few of the Swedes who decided this, I know they have good reasons, not to mention the amazing Evidence.zip

Edit : Leffen, I'm quite neutral on this matter, but I'd advise you to stop posting from now on, until you come up with the post you want to write.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

BUT.

You like drama enough to cause it everywhere you go and expressing how much you like watching people explode when you act like an *** on the boards.
But when the drama bites you in the ***, it's no longer fun.
You're still yourself I see.

The demands for you getting back have been set. You HAVE to publicly admit everything, and it is obvious you just want people to know about what you've done (while spreading lies about others).

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
lol why doesnt somebody shut leffen up irl if they think this is such a big deal. ya hes a ****, but you dont deal with people being ****s by banning them from smash tournaments. if things are the way you guys made it out to be, its a personal matter that somebody should take into their own hands.

@leffen - seriously dude, just stop being so self-righteous. i honestly even consider most people im friends with to be complete idiots, but i dont hate them for it, and it certainly doesnt mean they dont have redeeming qualities as well. you can think people suck and not throw in their face/tell them constantly. people sucking also does not make it ok to be an ******* to them when they have done nothing to provoke it. doing so with your level of consistency just shows insecurity on your behalf. its a defense mechanism i myself adopted for a long time because i couldnt admit my own insecurity in being different from the people around me. believe what you want, be confident in it, be unwavering in your defense of it. but dont feel it puts you above common decency, and dont think it puts you above criticism.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
this is interesting - lots of league of legends professionals are also getting banned from Riot sponsored events due to poor conduct. i feel this is a fitting punishment (provided the accusations are true, and I don't see any reason for sweden's TOs and Armada to lie about this sort of thing) to advocate better future conduct.

Smash being taken more professionally - i approve. well done, armada.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Stop spamming gifs, Prog.

This thread will be allowed to stay open for the time being, but understand that it is currently being heavily monitored. The same SWF rules apply and spamming nor flaming will be tolerated. Consider this a warning.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
danish smash community is laughing its *** off about this

#Freeleffen

rip in piece son

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I feel like this should actually be made a BIGGER deal, despite our lack of officials in this area. If an entire community is willing to ban a player for poor conduct, then the same decision should be made globally imho. Take examples from more professionally run competitive communities @-@

Please note that I personally have had no contact with leffen whatsoever, so my opinion on him prior to this was "w/e video games".

Gea

Smash Master
The problem is where do you draw the line for these things? How do you define "poor conduct" or make it anything more than a loose threat where people can remove you for any number of reasons?

Edit: A lot of organizations would consider what happened between Inui and Unknown poor conduct (on maybe both of them, but definitely Unknown) despite it being a conflict between two players as people more than anything else. Would you propose both get banned permanently? People make mistakes, and even in this case an offer for redemption was issued.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
We've tried. He's smart about how he does it who he does it to.
gotta defend the innocent too tho lol. in seriousness, what do you mean by this? and please no exaggerations/oversimplifications. i think a fair amount of smashers have no personal experience with leffen.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
lol why doesnt somebody shut leffen up irl if they think this is such a big deal. ya hes a ****, but you dont deal with people being ****s by banning them from smash tournaments. if things are the way you guys made it out to be, its a personal matter that somebody should take into their own hands.
Are you suggest they fight him or something? How does one shut up a man who does not want to be shut up and that is a serious question?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, anyone else see the irony of someone who was banned saying "don't let the community suffer because of me!" when it sounds like it'll flourish more with him gone?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Telling people to grow up for being offended by something is very poor conduct in and of itself, in my opinion, and it seems there's a chunk of "Leffen supporters" carrying this mantra.

You're just going to go down with him, guys. Buckle up and be nice to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom