• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
The suicider wins.
Depends on the TO, on AiB (I know you're a Wi-Fi player). Yes, the suicider does win. But back in November I Kirbycided HAT but he won cause I was at 60% and he was at 0%. There were actually some people disputing, but no official word from Deez (it was his tournament). But HAT and I just agreed to play the third match and he won.

So yeah, it depends on the tournament organizer and tournament rules. For AiB yeah the winner is the suicider.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
Depends on the TO, on AiB (I know you're a Wi-Fi player). Yes, the suicider does win. But back in November I Kirbycided HAT but he won cause I was at 60% and he was at 0%. There were actually some people disputing, but no official word from Deez (it was his tournament). But HAT and I just agreed to play the third match and he won.

So yeah, it depends on the tournament organizer and tournament rules. For AiB yeah the winner is the suicider.
Did we play on wifi? I'm not really a wifi player I was just trying it over spring break as its the only time i actually have a wii available to me at all times.

Actually, read the new rule set. It doesn't say anything about Kirbyciding in the general rules. It says if a bowsercider does it, he wins. Then, in the optional rules, it says any tie from a -cide other than bowser's results in a 1 stock overtime.

****ers.
Hmm but thats an optional rule in other words its up to the TO to decide whether or not to include it for the tournament which only makes things more confusing. In the tournament I was on AIB it said suicider gets the win and in SWF it said lower percentage gets the win so it was kinda weird on who should get the win. I say they should just make a universal rule and stick with it.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I think this is because suicides like Ganons' and ours vary in who wins. A bowsercide in second sudden death will always win, regardless of port priority. This means that Bowser would always win by using his suicide if port priority didn't exist, hence the rule for Bowser only.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
I think this is because suicides like Ganons' and ours vary in who wins. A bowsercide in second sudden death will always win, regardless of port priority. This means that Bowser would always win by using his suicide if port priority didn't exist, hence the rule for Bowser only.
If that's the case then port priority just got even more ridiculously stupid.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Except if the opponent doesn't break out of the kirby or ganoncide, then we die simaltaneously (curse you, brawl! Bring back SD-canceling!). It doesn't make any sense, the initiator should win >.>

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who gets the win if I kirbycide on both of our last stock and I have more damage.
It depends on the TO's ruling. Most of the time, it is "Suicider wins" some times it is "Lower percent wins" and others say "Whoever the game declares as winner wins". I think that last one is the most logical, which also means Sudden Death would have to be played out if it goes to Sudden Death.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
It depends on the TO's ruling. Most of the time, it is "Suicider wins" some times it is "Lower percent wins" and others say "Whoever the game declares as winner wins". I think that last one is the most logical, which also means Sudden Death would have to be played out if it goes to Sudden Death.
The problem is that the game counts a kirbycide as a tie and so it would take it to sudden death but every tournament agrees that sudden death is never played. This was also a major problem because the tournament was posted on both SWF and AIB with different rules stating on who wins which basically asked for this to happen lol.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
Suicider should win. Don't you think it was a bit harder for the suicider to catch the opponent than for the opponent to get mindgamed into it?
I agree and so did most people at the tournament I was in which is why I was granted the win. Thank you snake for mortar sliding to the edge of the stage lol.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
What u do against Marth is Fthrow, fastfall, Dtilt (in case he doesn't Bup), and then when he Bups punish with a ground hammer. Works pretty well

Wusup Percon!?!?!?

Percon

Smash Lord
Lots of stuff is up Gonzo. It's my birthday today and my gf made me a kirby mug :D

And yeah I do that to marths a lot too, but I sheildgrab instead of dtilt. :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
When you fastfall after the Fthrow, do you airdodge to the ground? I imagine that a Marth could just Fair you or something if you don't.

What I usually do is Fthrow and pull back, so that the Marth's Up B will miss me. He could probably hit me with Fair if he wanted to though, so maybe I should start airdodging.

I want a Kirby mug...

Hype

Smash Lord
Now he knows

BTW why do you all call it the auto combo? >_>
Everyone was yelling it at the tourney, so I assumed thats what it's called.

Btw I couldn't get the Nair to work, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I also, tried DIing in the four cardinal directions + Nair, Nothing. I was however able to SDI after the Uair to escape the Utilt.

Edit: I was trying this in training mode, I realize that there is that 1.05% damage/knockback in vs mode thing. Maybe that's why I couldn't get it to work.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
somehow i sometimes miss the up air on falco idk what hes doing to get away but hes doing it. i will try to get a vid of it soon.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
More that Likely He's just SDIing...That often Happens...Just time it right and you'll get it off since He has to Land first Depending on the percentage...

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Yeah its time to move to the Dthrow combos and make the Fthrow combo a mindgame lol, i find myself Dthrow and Bthrow more. **** a kirby mug!?!?!? thats whats up Percon, Happy BDay btw

Have u played Brawl+ ??? so much fun! i 0-death'd Chu's Ivysaur in tourney lol

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah I've played it, it's pretty fun. Unless there's some tournaments around here, though, I don't think I'll be playing it. And if I do I won't play as kirby (to not get confused, you see).

Suspect

Smash Hero
ok kirby mains, wtf does kirby have that can "safely" stop spindash spam from sonic? sonic can spindash spam and spindash cancel into grab and its so annoying. I know bair but then i get grabbed most the time.

Inhale? FC from a distance?

HAT

Smash Ace
hammer works to stop anything sonic ever wants to do

also, at low percent against marth, you should definitely dthrow unless your opponent is a fool. not that dthrow actually combos, but its more beneficial than fthrow.

lastly, kirby is ******** in brawl+.. he shouldn't even exist.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
ok kirby mains, wtf does kirby have that can "safely" stop spindash spam from sonic? sonic can spindash spam and spindash cancel into grab and its so annoying. I know bair but then i get grabbed most the time.

Inhale? FC from a distance?
It sounds like this guy is reading you pretty dam good:p. Mix it up a bit, sometimes bairing, sometimes doing whatever. Unless you're on wifi, your best hope would be to grab him out of the spindash when he didn't think you'd attack him (/after a spotdodge).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hammer works to stop anything sonic ever wants to do

also, at low percent against marth, you should definitely dthrow unless your opponent is a fool. not that dthrow actually combos, but its more beneficial than fthrow.

lastly, kirby is ******** in brawl+.. he shouldn't even exist.
You can Fthrow Marth, just be aware that it becomes a mindgame. He asks himself: will the Kirby uair, or will he back off to avoid my Dolphin Slash?

If he Dolphin Slashes and whiffs it, that's great punishment for you.

And I get the impression Kirby is broken in Brawl+. I feel like I could 4-stock anyone with Kirby if I practiced. Maybe. >_>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sonic can be a pain, but what exactly do you mean by spindash spam? A good Sonic uses them a lot, but since most are canceled, I wouldn't call it spam...

Also, Hat... Hammer to stop Sonic? REALLY?! Have you ever even played against a decent Sonic?

HAT

Smash Ace
Sonic can be a pain, but what exactly do you mean by spindash spam? A good Sonic uses them a lot, but since most are canceled, I wouldn't call it spam...

Also, Hat... Hammer to stop Sonic? REALLY?! Have you ever even played against a decent Sonic?
yeah, a lot. hammer is the easiest move to get through all of sonic's stuff with. you just have to predict and punish with it.

bair, of course, works in most situations, but hammer ***** the matchup.

and its really really easy to gimp sonic-- use inhale to take his jump, and his upb wont reach if you get him out far enough

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Please tell me who's Sonic you've been facing, because your description of the matchup sounds pretty bad, to say the least...

I mean sure, head to head, hammer will beat out his moves, but a good Sonic should rarely, if ever get hit by hammer, and really should never be gimped. If you do the inhale thing like you suggested, Sonic CAN footstool you when he breaks out to make it back, which kills you and saves him.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I hafta agree with fromundaman here.

It sounds like you're underestimating Sonic :O

Hammer is next to useless in this matchup. Sonic's playstyle is usually bait and punish, so they'll be playing too safely to run into hammers.

And gimping Sonic is actually really hard :/

V

Smash Ace
What are Kirby's best/worst stages against Falco? Best/worst stages against Diddy Kong?

Thanks

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hammer is next to useless in this matchup. Sonic's playstyle is usually bait and punish, so they'll be playing too safely to run into hammers.

And gimping Sonic is actually really hard :/
Why don't you use Stone to gimp Sonic when he tries to come back? That and using Final Cutter the right way is the way to go against an offline Sonic main can stop his constant spinning, (I wish I have better options to post Brawl video's to prove what I mean). )=

Top Bottom