• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why don't you use Stone to gimp Sonic when he tries to come back? That and using Final Cutter the right way is the way to go against an offline Sonic main can stop his constant spinning, (I wish I have better options to post Brawl video's to prove what I mean). )=
The stone thing works when they recover from below, but that is pretty rare. Most of the time I see Sonic recover from up high.

As for FC, I must not be doing it the right way then. But please explain, what is the 'right way' and how does it stop Sonic from punishing it? (Springshot>Bair can punish it from beyond FC's range, as well as PS>grab, and if you hit with the first hit, they can DI away then Dair you, which makes you lose out on that exchange.)

Now I'm not trying to say Sonic ***** us (even if it does **** ME), but the advice in this thread for this matchup just doesn't seem good...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What are Kirby's best/worst stages against Falco? Best/worst stages against Diddy Kong?

Thanks
Because you got ignored:

:falco:
Best: Rainbow Cruise
Worst: Jungle Japes (Never take a Falco here.)

:diddy:
Best: Japes/Rainbow Cruise
Worst: Final Destination/Really any flat stage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Because you got ignored:

:diddy:
Best: Japes/Rainbow Cruise
Worst: Final Destination/Really any flat stage.
Really? The few times I brought Diddy's to Japes they didn't seem to mind so much. Maybe they just knew the stage really well though.

V

Smash Ace
If the falco bans RC, would Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar work? On FO you can stay on the left and push him off the right so he can't recover. The 2nd part allows you to duck in the middle and come to you. Brinstar is small and allows you to take control of the stage and not him.

Against Diddy, if he bans RC, what would be another good stage to take him to? Delfino?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
TBH, I'm still trying to find a good stage to bring Diddy to. In theory though, Norfair and Brinstar should be good against Diddy as well (with Norfair being better than Brinstar I'd think).

Also, for Falco, I wouldn't pick Brinstar if only because Falco seems to have some difficulty killing Kirby, so closer blastzones would be a bad thing.
But meh, what do I know... I haven't really played good Falcos.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Against Diddy, if he bans RC, what would be another good stage to take him to? Delfino?
Norfair is a good stage IMO. The many platforms would limit his banana game a lot, especially since you'll be having lots of air battles, rather than banana ground games... Plus, the lava will interfere with his banana game if he DOES find a way around the many platforms, whereas you have lots of jumps and can easily avoid the hazards around with little to no effort.

I usually don't mind the stages and just go neutrals, or Lylat Cruise... So I can't really help you much.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The stone thing works when they recover from below, but that is pretty rare. Most of the time I see Sonic recover from up high.

As for FC, I must not be doing it the right way then. But please explain, what is the 'right way' and how does it stop Sonic from punishing it? (Springshot>Bair can punish it from beyond FC's range, as well as PS>grab, and if you hit with the first hit, they can DI away then Dair you, which makes you lose out on that exchange.)
To attempt to Stone gimp, you must use two of your jumps, at that point you should be higher when Sonic is coming back. However, it is best to use Stone when Sonic uses his second jump because he can simply dodge your Stone if he has the first jump. After his second jump, you can trick Sonic by either using Stone fully and have a good chance of a stage spike or send him flying in the air, or try to fake him out and do another move instead.

The correct way to use Final Cutter is three simple ways and two complicated ways. If you try using it from a distance on the stage and want the beam of it to hit, you will need to use it when your opponent is near the edge of the stage, he/she will either dodge, or shield and get pushed off the stage, if you miss and your foe tries to punish you, you'll have enough time to shield or dodge his attack if you perform this right, if he's in the air, the you will get punished depending on how far your foe is. The second is gimping with Final Cutter, this is easy, when your opponent is coming back, you use Final Cutter near the edge and have the Final Cutter beam hit your foe if your lucky, you shouldn't get punished if you perform this right. And lastly using Final Cutter when your coming back from the stage, if your about to get gimped by someone, you have to option to use Final Cutter to get back, if your opponent is too close, you have to back up the Final Cutter a few feet and when the slam is coming, you have to move in closer. This works best on some characters not all. Now for the complicated ones, I'm pretty sure you know how the Psuedo Cutterside works. Knowing how to use Final Cutters to end air battles is also kind of tricky, you have to know where you fall, and some stages you can use your air Final Cutter better like big stages, try not to use it on small stages.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I see... While that helps, I don't actually see how the cutter thing would help for the Sonic matchup...

As for stone edgeguarding, what I meant was Sonic has good DI and momentum canceling. Most often he shall be recovering from the top corners, usually with sideB until he feels like canceling it with a jump (or springshot, but that's not really a good recovery idea.). Then, if necessary, he has the spring (Does he have invul during the spring at all? I honestly don't know...), or, if it seems like he won't make it with that alone, HA. On top of that, he can also wall jump.
Basically, while stone edgeguarding can be useful against him, he has enough ways around it for it to become situational, and not a 'way to deal with Sonic'.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh yeah. Completely forgot about Brinstar.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I don't see why everyone says never take falco to jungle japes. Sure it's good for him, but I'm pretty sure it's even better for us. What is he going to do? Illusion all over? We have moves that can go through that. Is he going to chaingrab and spike you to death? He shouldn't -_- . If I was any other character I would be worried about taking him there, but I don't see the problem when your kirby. I feel the stage works more in your favor than his.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
If the falco bans RC, would Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar work? On FO you can stay on the left and push him off the right so he can't recover. The 2nd part allows you to duck in the middle and come to you. Brinstar is small and allows you to take control of the stage and not him.

I do suggest Halberd and/or Frigate since Dairs near the Ascending and descending platform are to great.

And since I often Play against AZ (The Best Diddy I ever Played) and We always have very close sets Which you can watch in this Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVmFqRXVOGM I would suggest Playing Brinstar, since the stage doesn't give diddy a lot of room to work him Bananas effectively. Norfair is actually a good idea, I never thought about using that Stage... I wouldn't suggest delfino either since alot of levels on that stage work in his favor...Don't forget he has Spike that will KO in the Water, not to mention his Jet pack Spike. Just stay away from stages that don't have many platforms. Usually Ban FD. That's my insight and everything...Just check out the Vids and you can get a good understanding on what to do against Diddy. FYI if you watch the Vids and the match(s) pauses it's because we were playing on a Projector Screen and They went out on us twice during the Set...Which He Won....but we went all 5 matches....GOD KAIS!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The only reason I said Norfair might be better is because it's easier for Diddy to kill on brinstar.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Didn't Alpha Zealot come over here a couple months ago and say Diddy owns Kirby and he'd never lose to a Kirby?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Umm...

Losing a game is meaningless as Diddy. It's all about sets mangz, and YBM is currently 0-3 <.<

<3 YBM
Hahaha Get out of our thread stalker....and Don't worry...we'll meet at the Next Circuit event and If we happen to play each other in brackets things will change...Believe that!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ok, so a long time ago, I was in BF using Kirby. My opponent was using ICs but that doesn't matter. What matters is what happened.

So, was returning to battlefield from offstage, and the ICs couldn't edgeguard an upB, so they retreated and waited for me to land so they could continue their assault. I started using upB near the ledge (while offstage), and as soon as I did the upB...

So, we all know upB has 3 phases that could be described as hee-YAH!-Hey! The "hee" would be when he pulls out his cutter and does his stance. The "YAH!" would be from the instant you jump, to the moment you land. The "Hey!" would be the landing animation, where he lands and shoots the beam forward.

But, what happened is this. So I was enaring the ledge, I used upB, and I was expecting the whole "hee-YAH!-Hey!" animation. But, instead, on the ledge, kirby only did a "hee-Hey!" animation... Meaning that he didn't rise or fall. I did the upB, the ledge interrupted my upB somehow, and instead of going all the way up then down, he just landed there.

I'm guessing my button input was "up + towards the stage + b" during the whole thing, and I was looking at the stage.

I have the replay saved in my wii (as soon as it happened me and my friend paused the game, looked at each other with a big "WTF" in our faces, and decided to end the game so we could save the replay. It's probably like 30 seconds long). I know it's probably some weird glitch, but if other people could help me figure it out, maybe we could discover how to exploit it. Whenever possible, I'll try to record it and post it online...

Hey... If one of us actually finds out how I did it, it could become something better than just a "glitch"... So don't discard it until you see it!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Ok, so a long time ago, I was in BF using Kirby. My opponent was using ICs but that doesn't matter. What matters is what happened.

So, was returning to battlefield from offstage, and the ICs couldn't edgeguard an upB, so they retreated and waited for me to land so they could continue their assault. I started using upB near the ledge (while offstage), and as soon as I did the upB...

So, we all know upB has 3 phases that could be described as hee-YAH!-Hey! The "hee" would be when he pulls out his cutter and does his stance. The "YAH!" would be from the instant you jump, to the moment you land. The "Hey!" would be the landing animation, where he lands and shoots the beam forward.

But, what happened is this. So I was enaring the ledge, I used upB, and I was expecting the whole "hee-YAH!-Hey!" animation. But, instead, on the ledge, kirby only did a "hee-Hey!" animation... Meaning that he didn't rise or fall. I did the upB, the ledge interrupted my upB somehow, and instead of going all the way up then down, he just landed there.

I'm guessing my button input was "up + towards the stage + b" during the whole thing, and I was looking at the stage.

I have the replay saved in my wii (as soon as it happened me and my friend paused the game, looked at each other with a big "WTF" in our faces, and decided to end the game so we could save the replay. It's probably like 30 seconds long). I know it's probably some weird glitch, but if other people could help me figure it out, maybe we could discover how to exploit it. Whenever possible, I'll try to record it and post it online...

Hey... If one of us actually finds out how I did it, it could become something better than just a "glitch"... So don't discard it until you see it!
I discovered something similar on Brinstar, to the right of the bridge, a few weeks ago. If you're on the right of the bridge, under the stage and you upb through, you don't go all the way up, but teleport to the top. It's easiest while facing right, and it doesn't seem to work of you hit too many things with the hya animation. But yours sounds different...do you know anyone who can post this on youtube?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I discovered something similar on Brinstar, to the right of the bridge, a few weeks ago. If you're on the right of the bridge, under the stage and you upb through, you don't go all the way up, but teleport to the top. It's easiest while facing right, and it doesn't seem to work of you hit too many things with the hya animation. But yours sounds different...do you know anyone who can post this on youtube?
I'll try posting it right now. lemme just grab a video camera and record it.

Just for the record, this video will be over 3 months old. I told my friend I'd upload it the same day we saved the replay, but... I've just been too **** lazy. :D

§leepy God

Smash Master
I can't stand a gimping Kirby, how to deal with that since you guys are Kirby mains? I say this because I main Ike and Ness and if I lose my second jump with these guys, I'm ****ed.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
kk. Post the link when it's up.
This is it.

Sorry for the quality... The good camera's cable was unfortunately lost. Good thing I have a backup camera!

It's currently uploading... Once it finishes, tell me if you can see it. If you can't, then PM me your wii+brawl FCs and 'll send it to you.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
This is it.

Sorry for the quality... The good camera's cable was unfortunately lost. Good thing I have a backup camera!

It's currently uploading... Once it finishes, tell me if you can see it. If you can't, then PM me your wii+brawl FCs and 'll send it to you.
yea you can see it. lol wtf i have no idea what happened

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
This is it.

Holy cow, that's awesome. Thanks for posting it. My best guess would be it having something to do with how Kirby "stalls" under ceilings when he uses the move. Do you remember what you did with the controls?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
This is it.

Yea, this looks like what I did on Brinstar, except...this could actually be applied O_o

If you want to see what I did, go to the right of the breakable bridge on Brinstar, go under the stage and use your up onto the stage (try not to hit the tentacle thing holding the platform). You sort of teleport up to the top...same thing happens if you're trapped in those boxes on pictochat. I'm not sure how this works : /

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't stand a gimping Kirby, how to deal with that since you guys are Kirby mains? I say this because I main Ike and Ness and if I lose my second jump with these guys, I'm ****ed.
When you have Ness, you must wait till Kirby come's to you with his air moves, use your F-Air then second jump etc then come back. The Kirby mains that master Stone will be harder to dodge with Ness, you just have to comeback faster. Ike it depends on what stage your on and how far you get knocked out, since I haven't played Ike in a while I lost knowledge for him. =/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Do you remember what you did with the controls?
It was 3 months ago (more or less), so........

I can only imagine I was leaving "up + towards the stage + b" pressed at the same time... Now, the angle I left them pressed, or if I did anything else, I can't recall.

If no one can find anything out, guess we'll just have to wait for someone to accidentally stumble upon this yet again...... Which may be closer to never than closer to the near future. >_>

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Actually, I did it just now on Halberd O_o

I waas fighting a CPU DK, but that doesn't matter. I did exactly that. Maybe it was just that the distance FC travels was maxed out right at the top so there was no smash? IDK.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually, I did it just now on Halberd O_o
Man... If we find out HOW we're doing it, and are able to freely use it... :crazy: It means Kirby will have the ability to projectile camp, or have an AT of his own! :crazy:

Do you remember what you were doing at the moment? Like, were you recovering, at what part of halberd did you do it...? ...If you saved the replay...?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Man... If we find out HOW we're doing it, and are able to freely use it... :crazy: It means Kirby will have the ability to projectile camp, or have an AT of his own! :crazy:

Do you remember what you were doing at the moment? Like, were you recovering, at what part of halberd did you do it...? ...If you saved the replay...?
Speaking of replays, I would like a replay of both if you don't mind (assuming that RK was able to make one). I'll PM both of you my Wii and friend codes if you are willing to send them.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
This may sound a bit noobish, but... I actually have no idea how to save replays...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This may sound a bit noobish, but... I actually have no idea how to save replays...
ROFL, after the match ends at less than 3min you press Z, (or what ever button to press when it say save replay), or if you have the HBC, you save more than that. But as I said, after the match, you have to see the button icon that say save replay.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have some extremely old replays of my Kirby, but they're still pretty good. :laugh:

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I have some extremely old replays of my Kirby, but they're still pretty good. :laugh:
Old replays can be really difficult to watch, though. A buddy of mine has one from when the game first came out. I was trying out fox and he was G-dubs. He used the "whoot whoot" attack as he calls it and sent me off the top of the screen within the first 10-20 seconds of play without even damaging me... :(

@RK: And don't worry about the question. The only way to learn is to ask, right?
<(^.^)>

Top Bottom