• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think it is EZ 2 gimp snake if u **** him LOollololollo

Snake is hard 2 beat tho

i think if u absorb his grenades its 2 good tho

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't play snake or kirby, but imo with pretty much every character, generally the only time you're going to be able to gimp a snake is if they're at low percent and you can keep them close to you as you go off the stage. If they get a little bit away from you, and they're good, they won't let you get near them again and they'll probably recover with c4 until they get high enough to stay the hell away from you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey, the more good top tier matches we have the more players we get.
nooo

I enjoy playing underplayed characters.

I don't play snake or kirby, but imo with pretty much every character, generally the only time you're going to be able to gimp a snake is if they're at low percent and you can keep them close to you as you go off the stage. If they get a little bit away from you, and they're good, they won't let you get near them again and they'll probably recover with c4 until they get high enough to stay the hell away from you.
If they do a ton of damage to themselves with C4 (I've seen Ally do it) I don't mind, it's worth it. And you can go out and gimp them if you time it well.

Realistically, it's pretty tough to get a Snake offstage and low enough that he can't recover really high. Dsmash, downward-angled Fsmash, and the second hit of Giant Swing are some of the best bets. Since it was in a recent video of my Kirby, and I freaking study any videos of myself that I can, grab release when Snake is next to the edge of the stage and Dairing him after he jumps works well too :]

One annoying thing that I'll mention about Dair->Footstool is that if you Footstool him before he uses Cypher, that's great, he's probably dead. If you Footstool him immediately after he uses Cypher, it not only doesn't send him tumbling, but gives him an extra Up B once this one finishes. Broken glitches ftw!

I'll try gimping Snakes more this Friday/Saturday. I have to have a tiebreaker with Nope and I'll see what I can do to force him offstage and keep him there.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well, at least I found thing to be true, which is that you can roll behind snake during his f tilt. I saw Chudat do it to Ally at least once, I've done it myself, I need no more proof lol.

Bowyer kinda explained what I meant to say when I said it's about the gimp not the ko move. You wanna get him off early on in the stock so you can easily close in and WoP or hammer him. Either way he's in the air, the place where we beat him.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If they do a ton of damage to themselves with C4 (I've seen Ally do it) I don't mind, it's worth it. And you can go out and gimp them if you time it well.
You "timing it right" is more like, if they screw up and blow themselves up at you. And yeah, it's definitely better to get them to add a good 40% (at best) on themselves, but you still have a long way to go for the kill.

Gnes

Smash Master
You "timing it right" is more like, if they screw up and blow themselves up at you. And yeah, it's definitely better to get them to add a good 40% (at best) on themselves, but you still have a long way to go for the kill.
U have no idea good sir.

The thing with snake is if u fail that first time in gimping them they'll be cautious in ever letting u even think ull do it again. The nade camping will start...and the tilts will start flying. And u will still die earlier than him...considering f-smash is gonna be seen a mile away :)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
U have no idea good sir.

The thing with snake is if u fail that first time in gimping them they'll be cautious in ever letting u even think ull do it again. The nade camping will start...and the tilts will start flying. And u will still die earlier than him...considering f-smash is gonna be seen a mile away :)
The idea that they'll suddenly play with nades and tilts only because you failed gimping is the most ludicrous thing I've seen in my life.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Speaking of Ally doing this, he c4 teched under fd 3 times at COT4 so he could survive, then ate an fsmash and died:laugh:.

On another note, they'll be playing with 'nades and tilts a hell of a lot, not just when you almost gimp them. However, don't expect the chance twice a stock. They'll play WAY more cautiously after they almost lose the stock.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
the best way to get a kirby in the air is to play as him and hit the jump button.
Ah thanks. I was having trouble with that, seriously, been playing the game for years now and would've never guess. Possibly the best post I have ever read in my life that wasn't spam.

What is the best way to get kirby into the air when playing against him?

Triple R

Smash Lord
ummm... doesn't playing kirby imply that you will be in the air alot? I don't know why you would have trouble with this. Is the kirby ducking alot? Are they just ftilting alot? More info please

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
The kirby would simply fast fall nairs start of match then space his bairs pretty accordingly so i couldnt shield grab. everytime i did, i remember being ftilted. He was just insane with the shield pressure. If it helps, we could do some wifi friendlies assuming the lag won't mess with our playstyles. Just leave me a visitors message.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What character do you play?

If it's Captain Falcon...try to grab him? Trick him into getting hit by Raptor Boost? ...

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Yeah i figured raptor boost would be my best option. He used tons of aerials and raptor boost is good at punishing that. He won't let me grab him so i have to rely on tilts/RB

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Falcon Dive is a good option if you can predict him, I guess. At the least, you might get hit, but the superarmor will kick in. Maybe. >_>

Kirby isn't exactly an easy matchup for Falcon.

But it's winnable if your Falcon is as 1337 as mine... XD

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Falcon Dive is a good option if you can predict him, I guess. At the least, you might get hit, but the superarmor will kick in. Maybe. >_>

Kirby isn't exactly an easy matchup for Falcon.

But it's winnable if your Falcon is as 1337 as mine... XD
no comment. the kirby i played was mike g. I just haven't played many kirbies so i had no idea what to do.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hi I have a question about the hammer. How is it's priority when used in the air?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To Skip: I think Uair and Utilt are good vs our aerials as well, but I don't use Falcon seriously, so meh.

Sniper: Not sure. Pretty **** good, but it usually doesn't clash or hit at the same time as other attacks.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I never Look at boards unless its talking about Tournies...but I guess I should start huh?
So here's my introduction *clears throat*...Hello I am Y.b.M. which stands for Young black Man...I am Part of a group Called "The God Kais"... I main Kirby...I have grown to respect all Kirby Mainers, and yes I am "the best Kirby in the Midwest....I have Placed top 5 in numerous tournaments...In doubles and In Singles. I don't like doing Kirby Dittos but I don't mind doing them. I love to learn more interesting things about this Pink thing. If anyone has any Questions or comments for me regarding Kirby and things of that sort I would happily answer them. I Have few Vids of me Against AZ since a lot of you all have trouble with Diddy. So Holla at me and let me know whats Up...Alright....This Character Discussion thing is kinda new to me...So be nice...hehehe or not...GOD KAIS!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Welcome YbM. I see you took my advice about checking the boards.
Look forward to hearing your input on things, and hopefully you'll earn some things here as well.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
But Of Course...AHHH that was you at the Tourny I couldn't remember the name...I got you confused with DjScribble(Something like that)...I would like to thank you for the Advice on Checking out the Boards and Cping PS1 cause it really helped a whole lot...Thats my new CP if Frigate is Banned...GOD KAIS!!!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kirbys Nair is Good...But its Completely useless during the End of it...Wouldn't suggest doing it a lot but it has priority over certain moves and has a decent hit box....But Doing a Short hop Nair then fast fall is what your aiming for...It also takes away landing lag when you are doing it so you can easily follow up with Smash attacks or Ftilts...and Even a grab if you catch em on the Bounce....

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I need a good CP against ZSS with Kirby.

I almost ALWAYS use Frigate in NEARLY EVERY match up but she's only gimpable on the first form, not the second. People have told me japes and I can see where they are coming from, but it is somewhat hard to get the ZSS in the water and japez is big so she can camp and camperz are really hard for Kirby to deal with. Now another stage people have been talking about is cruise. No, no, no and NOOOOOOOOO!

I personally hate that stage because in some partz I can be camped and at the top ZSS's up air kills ridiculously early. Hell, I've seen plenty of ZSS mainz such as Snakeeee and Dazwa actually counterpick with that stage. I hate it in general unless I'm playing MK or G&W.

So, is Frigate a good CP against ZSS or are there others I should look at? Of course I could goto a neutral like smashville. I don't know if Brinstar is a bad ZSS stage but I know Snakeee has trouble at it.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I need a good CP against ZSS with Kirby.

I almost ALWAYS use Frigate in NEARLY EVERY match up but she's only gimpable on the first form, not the second. People have told me japes and I can see where they are coming from, but it is somewhat hard to get the ZSS in the water and japez is big so she can camp and camperz are really hard for Kirby to deal with. Now another stage people have been talking about is cruise. No, no, no and NOOOOOOOOO!

I personally hate that stage because in some partz I can be camped and at the top ZSS's up air kills ridiculously early. Hell, I've seen plenty of ZSS mainz such as Snakeeee and Dazwa actually counterpick with that stage. I hate it in general unless I'm playing MK or G&W.

So, is Frigate a good CP against ZSS or are there others I should look at? Of course I could goto a neutral like smashville. I don't know if Brinstar is a bad ZSS stage but I know Snakeee has trouble at it.
Hm...you'll have to watch out for the uair on brinstar, but it seems good other than that. And yea, don't cp cruise vs ZSS.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Uh, yeah. I don't think taking ZSS to Brinstar is a good idea.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, when the stage transforms to the second part, it's not too troublesome.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question. Who gets the win if I kirbycide on both of our last stock and I have more damage. This happened to me in a tournament yesterday and people argued over who the winner was. Some said suicider gets the win while others said lower percentage gets the win. I just want to know what the actual rule is to avoid future confusion.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Just a quick question. Who gets the win if I kirbycide on both of our last stock and I have more damage. This happened to me in a tournament yesterday and people argued over who the winner was. Some said suicider gets the win while others said lower percentage gets the win. I just want to know what the actual rule is to avoid future confusion.
The suicider wins.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What assist characters and Pokemon cannot be cooked by Kirby's final smash? Also, why does Nintendog simply disappear instead of fly into the cooking pot like everything else when Kirby uses his final smash?

Top Bottom