• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who's this Y.B.M scrub?
I don't know, just some Kirby main that think he's sweet even though he lost title of this so called "best Kirby in midwest" to Asdioh. XD

Edited: April fools joke for your user name. XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
psh, Kirby dittos don't prove anything. I guess.

I'll just have to claim the title by dominating every single opponent I encounter at the tourney.

I'm not just going for a win, I'm going to 2-3 stock everyone.

EVERYONE >=(

WITH CAPTAIN FALCON >=(

Well, maybe not with Captain Falcon, but WITH KIRBY >=(

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
psh, Kirby dittos don't prove anything. I guess.

I'll just have to claim the title by dominating every single opponent I encounter at the tourney.

I'm not just going for a win, I'm going to 2-3 stock everyone.

EVERYONE >=(

WITH CAPTAIN FALCON >=(

Well, maybe not with Captain Falcon, but WITH KIRBY >=(
Then some players from the coasts will offer you a mm and you'll lose to every one of them.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lolz, umm others would be Candy, Boss, CK if he can go, Cafe if he can go, ESOJ or beaker as he's also known

basically the Originals Crew

yeah mad friendlies for sure and brawl+ lolz its too good seriously! hopefully i can make it, depends on if everyone else wants to go. we'll see

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I object, I OBJECT!!! I keep hearing this Zamus is 40-60 but I don't see this happening. Every Zamus main I Brawl doesn't stand a chance when brawling me, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!!! Is my Kirby on crack to not be effected by this match up? T_T
It IS a bad match-up for Kirby against good ZSS's. Explain why Chu always has so much trouble with Snakeee. Cause Kirby can't do anything to ZSS.

Gnes

Smash Master
It IS a bad match-up for Kirby against good ZSS's. Explain why Chu always has so much trouble with Snakeee. Cause Kirby can't do anything to ZSS.
Some players have trouble with certain matchup while others may find it easier. Simply because some styles are better against certain characters. Maybe your style is simply effective against ZSS players u play against Viper.

Example...Chu does reasonably well against snake players while other kirby's either struggle or completely fail. Also Chu could just not know the matcup. Kirby can do things to ZSS...its hard..but Chu seems to have alot of trouble with the matchup.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In the spirit of April Fool's, I'll be posting more often here. Lol

The match-up against ZSS is a hard one for Kirby. She's got a long range, disjointed whip with her F-special. When used as a spacing tool, it can keep Kirby at bay, build damage, and make it very difficult for him to approach (as if he already didn't have that problem). It also has a double-hit, so if you Perfect Shield the first hit, you still have to wait for the second, stronger hit before you can retaliate which, when combined with Kirby's lack of speed and range, is fairly inefficient.

Larger stages makes this match-up harder since it gives Zero Suit even more room to move about, putting lasers and whips between her and Kirby. One hit from a F-special, D-smash, or stun laser can build up a lot of damage or lead to a KO. Since Kirby is so light it really does off-set Zero Suit's supposed trouble getting a KO. Her F-special, D-special (kick), B-air, F-air, and U-air are all very effective methods of KOing Kirby at reasonable damage.

The best way of playing against Zero Suit is making darned sure that she never hits you with anything. Make your way upclose to her, somehow, and build as much damage as you can with your combos. If she's at higher percents, forgo the damage building and just get her off the stage. If you know you can land a F-smash, for instance, but you know it will not KO, do it anyway and get her off the stage. Your best bet at getting a KO on her is by destroying her recovery (do not get D-special kicked). If you don't get her off-stage, then you're stuck looking for a way of getting a F-smash on her.

The F-smash can maybe, possibly beat out her F-special if your timing and distancing is impeccable (angle the F-smash up). The Claw (MyRoboticClaw) has a replay of my F-smash winning the game for me because it beat out his F-special - he saved it because neither of us expected it to work... and it didn't even look like it should have worked. XD

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I think Frigate is the best stage to counterpick ZSS imo cause its the smallest stage (in its first form). Its my favorite stage due to the fact (in the first form) its not hard to approach. That and you can gimp ZSS with the false ledge.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno, I don't see it as worse than 50-50 personally... Maybe it's just me, but a lot of her attacks can be ducked, and we tend to kill her easier than she does us unless she hits with a fresh Bair.
On top of that, inhale does some pretty crazy stuff to her, especially if she tries to recover, and we are one of the only characters who can effectively gimp her.

Also, crtain players have more trouble with certain matchups than others (like me with ROB and Asdioh with Diddy.), so the fact that Chu has trouble with the best ZSS doesn't really prove anything.

Finally, Frigate is a good stage against ZSS, but I prefer PTAD, RC, or JJ, tbh.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, two actually.

1) how good is Kirby in Brawl+? My mom won't let me hack my Wii, because by hacking it, its at risk of getting infected

2) Are Jabs to someone on a Wall really an infinite? I was fighting somebody last week, and he kept complaining about how he couldn't escape. Then he called me "cheap". I personally think he shouldn't have been near a wall in the 1st place, what do you think?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace

1) how good is Kirby in Brawl+? My mom won't let me hack my Wii, because by hacking it, its at risk of getting infected

He's sick as ****!!!!!

2) Are Jabs to someone on a Wall really an infinite? I was fighting somebody last week, and he kept complaining about how he couldn't escape. Then he called me "cheap". I personally think he shouldn't have been near a wall in the 1st place, what do you think?

No they are not technically infinite and your opponent was stupid to get stuck there. I counterpick delfino for the so many locations u can trap people against a wall with ur jab and if i ever get the chance believe me i WILL!!!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You can SDI out of the jablock except in the middle of those to rocks on the rock form of PS1. However, you can dtilt lock them inescapably without a wall to your back (it would look cool if you dtilt-locked someone as the platform was leaving on Delfino for the suicide...).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh with Diddy
:(

If it means anything, I find G&W and ROB easier than most other Kirby mains do. The jury is still out on ZSS and Zelda (haven't played good ones offline)

I got ***** by a Yoshi once.

You can Smash DI out of jablocks against walls, so it's not an infinite, haha.

edit: what A1lion835 said ... >_>

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If any kirby players are going to the ohio circuit event on the 11th, MM????? I don't think there's a single kirby out there who can beat my MK... any takers to my challange =)

@ Levitas - The thing at the end? Fox's dair has semi-spike properties, and he was at a huge disadvantage. As a last ditch effort to win, he was gonna drill you for the win, but you avoided it.
I wasn't trying to suicide kill him in a last ditch effort. I tried to sh a back air off the edge, hit him, and then go back to the stage, but I kinda just died... cause I do that.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice

He's sick as ****!!!!!

No they are not technically infinite and your opponent was stupid to get stuck there. I counterpick delfino for the so many locations u can trap people against a wall with ur jab and if i ever get the chance believe me i WILL!!!
1) Explain.

2) Same thing I said. Maybe I should try a lot harder to convince my hard-headed mom to let me on SSBB Wifi(i only have one good offline opponent, and i dont see him often)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Bowyer doesn't actually plank. He camps on the stage near the edge, but gets like 15 edge grabs in games he times out, lol.

He also claims not to intend to time games out.
I'm also fond of jumping around platforms =)... and yeah, I don't intend to time people. I just wait around until the other person leaves themselves open. If I'm in the lead and they don't leave themselves open very often, then yeah, it's going to time =)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If any kirby players are going to the ohio circuit event on the 11th, MM????? I don't think there's a single kirby out there who can beat my MK... any takers to my challange =)
Bowyer, I thought you remember that I won a tourney match when I VS your Meta Knight five month's ago, though you could had won if I didn't CP Pokémon Stadium. =P

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Bowyer, I thought you remember that I won a tourney match when I VS your Meta Knight five month's ago, though you could had won if I didn't CP Pokémon Stadium. =P
Yeah, you beat me in tourney, and holms beat me in tourney too... but I'm confident that you can't do it again =) Care to take my mm challenge???

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would, but not the next coming circuit since I have to plan my Birthday that coming week. D=

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
We need more
good
Midwest Kirbys. >__>

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1) Explain.
From what I understand, he can combo easily, and he still has amazing kill power, and he's slightly faster and stuff. And his Dair and Fair now come out really fast, so the Dair can gimp like omfgz.

Asdioh, mm???
Sure. You kinda ***** me in crews at the last tourney, but I was able to beat every other MK I played except Overswarm. Buuut I might be able to do it this time.

But Meta Knight's really gay. >_>

We need more
good
Midwest Kirbys. >__>
Not really

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You live in the Midwest to, you better help us. XD

But seriously, I can think of three/four good Kirby mains that's in the Midwest right now. =/
Mm. >__>

I dunno. :x

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Finally, Frigate is a good stage against ZSS, but I prefer PTAD, RC, or JJ, tbh.
I forgot about Japes, xD.

Yeah the water gimps her like hell but its rather big promoting camping. And yeah Rainbow Cruise is a stage that really does gimp ZSS as well but I've seen quite a few ZSS's counterpick with it.

PORT TOWN AERO DIVE?!

Is that stage actually legal in the midwest/mideast?!

I'm East Coast and that stage is banned.

Yeah, I'd go either Frigate or Japes. Cruise depending on the ZSS I'm fighting, and PTAD is banned where I live so thats a no, besides I don't like it anyway, Mute City ftw :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
electroplankton, is that valid in the MW?? cuz if it is thats like the most **** stage for kirby!
Hanebow is banned everywhere for a good reason. I'm pretty sure everyone know's the details so I won't explain them, but I'll just repost the list of the banned stages that should be never legal on a competitive play tourney as of now:

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
You mind as well practice on Skyworld since I believe that's Kirby's best stage, but the odds of that being tourney legal is very slim since it's banned at almost every tournament.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you think about it, Port Town's hazards are less random than Brinstar, Norfair, and a bunch of other legal stages.

If you die on that stage from the hazards, it's either your fault, or because your opponent strategically placed you there >_>

I don't see what's wrong with it being legal. No ledges ftw :]

Heck, Mute City was legal in Melee, and PTAD's cars aren't as random as Mute City's (remember how they sometimes go through the stage as it's floating around? wtf?) ... the only difference is that the PTAD cars kill you really early compared to Mute City. I kinda wish they had less knockback..

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
you can't always see the port town cars coming and they ****ing wreck your **** if they touch you... but yeah, you just need to stay on the sides of the stage for most parts and you'll avoid the cars... there isn't enough room on it for doubles though.

You see brinstar and norfairs **** coming for a while and it generally won't kill you, so it's not as much of a problem as port town.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Port Town is dumb. Those cars aren't that easy to avoid and if you're trapped, you get to choose between a broken shield and death.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
i have a question how many times should you GC an opponent before using f air or the hammer in air move?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Port Town is dumb. Those cars aren't that easy to avoid and if you're trapped, you get to choose between a broken shield and death.
all the stopping points have safe zones. (generally on the sides). If you know the safe points in each part, avoiding the cars is pretty easy.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I kinda didn't know what GC was either. And Kirby can't chaingrab.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i usually go for utilt or upwards ftilt after the fthrow-uair these days

regrab only works on heavier chars or fast fallers at like... 0% lol

and to me its not even guaranteed most of the time

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
I kinda didn't know what GC was either. And Kirby can't chaingrab.

then how is my freind CG me he does f throw up air then does it like two or more times so i.m gonna try it out i was watchin some of chus vids and saw him do it also. So it's sorta like one but not realy meh i'll just guess three then uhh i do stuff LOLOL imah kirby scrub.

Top Bottom