• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Evil Showdown! (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Also, my teammate is a Link.
So nothing like that. Legan was just pointing out why Verm should be King of Evil.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
well link usually just walks in after walking past several traps puzzels and iron nuts to be honest.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll have to agree. I am of the opinion Verm > Kalm. I just don't want to see Kalm being ******** about not being King. I mean, his whole "I'm going to have my discussion thread unlocked because I don't like you" thing really bothered me, and I'm sure it bothered most of us.
I may have crossed the line a little there, but it was because I was a little annoyed of what Vermanubis had done. It was childish, yes.

Ontario isn't that terribly inactive, we do have tournaments or even two going on each month here.

Is there a natural rivalry between link and ganon mains?

and please ignore my character main picture. It takes guts for a tiara wielder to post in the realm of evil
Not between the Links and Ganons, but there's a huge rivalry between the Links and Tinks going on.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Actually, that isn't really there either.
Mage knows Jash pretty well, and we just call him "gay" because we think he sounds gay, ya know his voice and stuff. That rivalry is really kinda over.
We just ask a bit stupid and do like, DON'T TALK ABOUT HIM, but thats more lulzyness lmao.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Verm: Is really good, and his tourney-accomplishments are great.
As everything stands now, he is without doubt the
closest candidate to be crowned "KoE".

Kalm: Hasn't been to as many tourneys as Verm,
but the guy has some serious potential as a player.
In fact, Kalm has more potential than any Ganon out there.

DLA: Doesn't main Ganon :/

Fonz: Have had tourney-activity, right?
He's a really good player, but I dunno if he even Brawls anymore.
Anyone!?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Fonz: Have had tourney-activity, right?
He's a really good player, but I dunno if he even Brawls anymore.
Anyone!?
Fonz goes to a lot of tourneys, but he has never actually mained Ganon. From what I understand, he mostly uses Lucario and MK nowadays.

Though don't let that fool you... he's the best Ganon I've fought offline. Unfortunately I've only fought his Ganon 4 times though :(

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
If we gotta continue this, let's not forget Kalm's brought us the goods in the form of combo videos. Verm's little thread contributions to this board are adding up though. As far as being good at Ganon goes, well, it seems pretty hard to tell with this mixed bag of opinions. The general consensus is Verm is equal to or greater than Kalm, although that may not actually be true.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If we gotta continue this, let's not forget Kalm's brought us the goods in the form of combo videos. Verm's little thread contributions to this board are adding up though. As far as being good at Ganon goes, well, it seems pretty hard to tell with this mixed bag of opinions. The general consensus is Verm is equal to or greater than Kalm, although that may not actually be true.
Therein lies the problem. We can't actually KNOW who's better except by letting other people judge from what we've got, unfortunately. I believe Kalm has traits I lack and vice versa. We both play so radically different that it's tough to say.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Therein lies the problem. We can't actually KNOW who's better except by letting other people judge from what we've got, unfortunately. I believe Kalm has traits I lack and vice versa. We both play so radically different that it's tough to say.
Really? I think our playstyle is very similar judging from your videos.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Verm in general seems faster, those ledge cancelled Wizkickzzz.
Im still for what Legan said.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Well, I saw something of the same.
Also mainly my opinion about playstyles doesn´t really matter cause I´m really having trouble seeing them anyway.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Really? I think our playstyle is very similar judging from your videos.
I don't agree.

I find Verm to be the "High risk - High reward"-type of Ganon.
By that, I don't mean the "High risk" is bad.
'Cause Verm is able to, somewhat, put pressure with the big, clumsy man
- Which is really hard at high level of play.

Kalm is playing it more safe, and with good spacing and baiting.
He's good at forcing an approach from the opponent.
His mindgames and ability to predict are really good.

(Just my personal opinion on their playstyles.)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I see him using a lot of traits that I do at high levels of play but with less precision. But I'm not sure, it may be just what I notice.
As most have said so far, I disagree, as well. If two Ganons play differently, it's you and I. Z1g summed it up well. You're a very cautious player who bides his time.

I'm quick and somewhat technical. I also disagree about the precision part. If there's one thing I'm willing to say on my behalf it's that I don't lack precision. One thing I see from your videos as far as what separates us, is you rarely use WKC unless your opponent is coming toward the stage. I've adopted it as a method of travel and mindgame. You tend to stick to a handful of moves that you work really well with. I make use of flipman, FoG and so on.

We are very pronounced Ganons as far as our differences go. :p

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I learned all the Wizkick Cancel distances cause of you. Wizkick Cancel to edgehogs or gimps is soo awesome and its now my Taunt too (I can't FoG =/).

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I learned all the Wizkick Cancel distances cause of you. Wizkick Cancel to edgehogs or gimps is soo awesome and its now my Taunt too (I can't FoG =/).
Thanks, Doom. :D

Also, more people need to start posting. I see tons of people viewing, but they seem to refuse to post. We need to get this moving lol.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
If Kalm looks more like Ganon than Verm does then I'll vote for him

OTHERWISE MY VOTE IS FOR VERM.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I'm torn. Seriously I think that both of them are very close to eachother. I don't think it'd be proper to vote yet until a Ganon does something REALLY major.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'd normally agree with that, Tero, but as Ganons, it may be quite a while before we pull off anything quite as "major" as some may be expecting. D:

By major, I'm guessing you mean placing top 4, placing in regionals/nationals, etc.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Also, more people need to start posting. I see tons of people viewing, but they seem to refuse to post. We need to get this moving lol.
Pardon me for losing interest in this hilariously biased "competition". With that said, I'll vote for Kalm.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Pardon me for losing interest in this hilariously biased "competition". With that said, I'll vote for Kalm.
Well, the objective is to discern bias based on a reason given for the vote, hence why I've not included half the people who've said "Verm".

In other words, you should probably give a reason why you're voting who you're voting for.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
So it can become an actual competition, I think Kalm and I should just go all out and speak for ourselves, since if it is left ENTIRELY up to others, it will have bias involved.

The bottom line is that as Ganons, no one is ever realistically going to pull off something major enough to render the other dead and lifeless, so we have to stack up the "little" victories and see who comes out on top. While I respect the stance mentioned above, it's not realistic, as the top Ganons are only separated by their little victories. If Ganons were separated by large victories, roughly 15 Ganons would be on an equal plane.

See, there are a few issues to overcome here. First of all, there's a matter of fairness. Kalm is not nearly as active as I am, but that may be due to his region. So this could be seen as unfair on both ends. Unfair for Kalm because he can't help that his region isn't very active, but unfair for me because I put work in, but it's for naught due to another's misfortune. So there's a LOT of eggshells to cross here, which is why it is by the little things that we must determine.

Now, everyone, please forgive my bluntness here, but if we're going to be putting our best feet forward and contending, I want to throw this out there. Right now, this competition cannot thrive off of "Person B might be better than person A, but person B has little to no evidence". As it stands, I do have my proof. Kalm, if you're reading this, please do not think I mean this in a derogatory way or am saying it accustively, but it is your responsibility now to show us your goods to compete. As I said above, this competition has been a bit scrambled so far mainly because you only have a handful of people able to vouch for you, so it becomes evidence vs. word of mouth.

I know that what evidence you do have is good, so put your best foot forward and post it so we can stack against each other and see what we've both got. I think at this point it's all we've got, since we're both friends with most of the Ganons here, so it's hard for them to judge just based on what's been said thus far.

All in all, this is not a competition intended to bring about drama. As far as I know, the previous King of Evil selections didn't undergo a process, so I think that right now, we're doing the right thing. I know some people may "disapprove" of this whole process, primarily because I lack seniority around here, but I don't think the fact that I'm a "newcomer" to the boards should subtract from my decision-making abilities, especially in a situation like this. :p

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I can't wait for Pound V. T_T

Now that I think about it, all the big tournaments aren't until, like... 6 months from now. >_<

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nope, I've only been offline since April. D: I wish I could've gone. But Apex made up for it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom