• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I guess the bright and happy left when 2010 happened I guess. =P

☯ Haven't played any good Fox users because nobody near me plays Fox. XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Speaking of Pokemon...
anyone else get Pokemon Black/White?

I got a copy of White version. There are a lot of things I like about this version but... they took away my L = A option! T_T

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I got White too... I have 4 badges so far. Not playing it too often.

It's good but... despite the upgrades it's still the same exact thing that Red/Blue were :p

1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I got black. I fell asleep 2 hours in. No lie. All 3 starters are underwhelming, I boxed my Oshawott (I got a female one lol on my first selection so I have fun with GTS since I bred her.) and the game is slow to warm up. Meaning it's dull first couple of towns. Generic and poor pokemon selection. I just used that dog pokemon and bulldozed through pretty much the entire game with him (work up, return, crunch, dig) by the time I got to good pokemon for my team my dog was like 20 levels ahead of gym leader's pokemon so there was no point.

User interface is a huge step down for Heart Gold, is it too much to ask to have a button to examine things on touch pad? :( Bag isn't as user friendly now I have hard time finding stuff. What's this C-Gear nonsense? I don't want that **** I don't do wireless. Moar like C-yer battery later-Gear. Drains battery and doesn't do much.

It's cool you can ev train lv 100 pokemon but this game doesn't have ev reducing berries in it ( not even released in japanese dream world so im worried) I had to spam berries before transfering them, but you have to be hyper careful when EV'ing once you get to black/white.

Game does get better as you play through it. For me game turned around once you hit the New York City like place.

Story was a step up as far as pokemon stories go but I called the plot twist super early on in the game and that was sad.

Overall, game could of been a disaster... could of been a masterpiece. To me, it was neither.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, as someone who stopped caring about pokemon around Yellow, all this pokemon talk might as well be a foreign language to me >.<

It's good but... despite the upgrades it's still the same exact thing that Red/Blue were :p
Now as I said I kind of stopped caring after Yellow (Though I did beat the japanese release of gold when that came out), but haven't they all been pretty much the same game repackaged over and over again? (Hell, isn't that like 50% of what Nintendo does in general?)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I know people who got them, but I haven't (yet).

Yea, fromundaman, each new Pokemon game is pretty much "let's make the graphics better, add 100 new Pokemon, alter a mechanic here or there, and make millions off of this ****." The exception is remakes, which, of course, are just better-graphicked games that follow the same essential storyline.

EV Training Lvl 100 Pokemon sounds fun, but no EV berries sounds gay.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I tried doing EVs once but it's way too much effort and I don't care enough... that's what Pokemon Online is for :bee:

Fromundaman, Gold version will always be my favorite :3 it was the most innovative one to me... Blue/Red were great but Gold did everything right and then some, and nostalgia etc. etc.

I disagree with the starters being underwhelming. I dunno what you'd prefer, but I liked them better than the third/fourth generation starters.

My Blastoise could single handedly beat the E4 + Gary back in Pokemon Red (last game I seriously played :awesome:).

He was my bestest friend.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
What really bothered me about this new pokemon is that up until like the 3rd town you only get a selection of 3 pokes to choose from, one of them being a chimp they ****ing give to you.

The game really does get better after a while though =)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Dude I didn't even catch a pokemon until like 2 badges in...I was working with Smugleaf and Pidove for a long time

I also have munna but I'm dropping him soon because I have victini. (Who is a f**kin boss)

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
All of you should Nuzlocke it like I did and BEAST everything. LOL. And then lose 5 of your 6 pokémon in the last battle. :colorful:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Lawl, the Foxes are all apparently bad trolls that get butthurt when you insult their character XD. If I get infracted though, I'ma be pissed since I'm one of like...4 ppl that posted MU info, whereas the other ppl just flamed me for being amazing. I don't get why they hate that I'm posting in the MU discussion when they obviously invited us. It's like, they want us to come say Fox beats Kirby, but are salty when we say Kirby's **** fits perfectly up Fox's ***. If it fits, y they mad?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Foxes only want hype for their character. If it's anything but that, it's an insult to the entire Star Fox series. Lol, joking aside...

Pokemon has been a rehash series even with the first release: there was Red, Blue, Yellow... oh yeah, and Green. XD
People want something new... but then the moment Nintendo changes it up, people complain and say they're 'ruining' it. lol.

Kuares

Pizza
Yeah, I want to apologize about that, 1 for the meaningless discussion you had to go through and 2 it not being funny what so ever.

There was enough newer Fox mains wanting help with Kirby(read: got bodied) that I went ahead to make the thread and asked you guys to stop by. First page went all right, it wasn't until Zhamy came in that it was a failure. I'll proly end up looking at the past discussion and filling out the rest with that.

Last discussion on Ness was more of a success for the Fox boards, believe me.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Kuares man, don't sweat it. If I honestly didn't believe in what I said, I wouldn't've posted it; but that's exactly how I took Zeton to last stock game 3 back when I was still bad.

I will continue to troll Zhamy though XD

Kuares

Pizza
Yeah though what's going on there sound exactly like something I know in Melee. All you had to do on Final Destination vs Falcon was crouch and B-air. It was dumb seeing the Captain dash dance for like a minute straight when Kirby just didn't do anything. If it hadn't been for the D-throw to Knee ****, I'd have won.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Kuares man, don't sweat it. If I honestly didn't believe in what I said, I wouldn't've posted it; but that's exactly how I took Zeton to last stock game 3 back when I was still bad.

I will continue to troll Zhamy though XD
I thought people would know at this point I don't play my character the way I'm suppose to (I play stupid. Yup I said it.), so I wouldn't use any of the experience gained from me to determine any of the Fox or Fox vs data.

(Granted I could care less what happened...it's just a game...yadayadayada...)

Oh, and leave Zhamy alone. Especially if this drama is done and over with.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Zeton- I don't actually use too much of what I've learned from our matches as evidence of how the MU is played. It's just simple things I've learned and can see when I play as each character against each character. I'll leave Zhamy alone if he quit flaming me for no reason. Until then, :troll:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Derka I do

I commonly Copy my partners power Because Kirbyciding is useless if you are the stock tank. in Fact I think I might come out with a lost of Powers I think are actually beneficial for teams.

as of now though I love having wario's bite.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
After watching a few videos, something caught my eye... I tried it out and... Marth's Up-B gives him phantom lag! Why didn't nobody mention that!!? =O
if you haven't known this for like three years then I don't know what to tell you.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As Kirby players we should be pretty keen at spotting Phantom Lag. I make sure to pressure every Marth, Mario, Fox, Pikachu, and Ganondorf I see.

(by the way, I found out that with Dedede if you grab Ganondorf when he has Phantom Lag that you can combo D-throw into Dash Attack. Lolololol!)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
As Kirby players we should be pretty keen at spotting Phantom Lag. I make sure to pressure every Marth, Mario, Fox, Pikachu, and Ganondorf I see.

(by the way, I found out that with Dedede if you grab Ganondorf when he has Phantom Lag that you can combo D-throw into Dash Attack. Lolololol!)
Just want to point out that a lot more characters have phantom lag than that. Don't have time to find a list atm, but at the very least all the SF characters have it on both SideB and UpB. By the way, keep in mind that for some characters phantom lag stacks if the character does the move multiple times without touching the ground (At least Mario and Wolf do, not sure about all the others.)

Top Bottom