• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The Fox representative was so sure of his opinion that we had to leave it to other people to decide for us. I wouldn't concede to anything below even for us, and he wouldn't concede to anything below +2 his advantage. The people in charge of the unfinished discrepancies decided that Kirby has a +1 MU, and I'm quite content with that. :d

And yep, the v1.0 is the grounds for future, better releases. We need something to build upon and improve, so the first go was probably not gonna be liked by some people. Eventually we'll get to an MU chart that people will get to know and love... Well maybe not everyone, but it'll settle MU discrepancies everywhere, that's for sure!

Glad it finished right before I left, I wanted to see people's reactions to that project. It's pretty hard to say "the chart is SO WRONG!" if we asked a lot of top players from outside the BBR for information, as well as us having lots of top players within the BBR. It's much easier to make an accurate depiction of it than the tier list in that regard, since everyone has to work with only their characters and they know their characters better than anyone else while in the tier list it's a collection of opinions pooled together into one big pot.

EDIT: Someone active from the Kirby boards has to look after the important threads while I'm gone! As much as I love keeping everything neat, tidy and updated myself, I won't be able to do so for a while after tomorrow.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
While it's not perfect, it seems pretty accurate to me (Except maybe when you get into the low tiers. I know at least Mario's look strange to me. Just out of curiosity, who was/were representing Mario?).

That being said, things like this will always have haters.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
While it's not perfect, it seems pretty accurate to me (Except maybe when you get into the low tiers. I know at least Mario's look strange to me. Just out of curiosity, who was/were representing Mario?).

That being said, things like this will always have haters.
You're gonna have to ask that in the official thread, fromundaman. I don't know if the people who worked with the character want their names revealed... However, people have been saying that Luigi and Mario (moreso Luigi than Mario) didn't have any representation in the BBR, and no non-BBR top player which they contacted replied back. Sooo, their MUs were basically everyone else's MUs pooled together with no argument. However, I know Pierce came forth and said he was part of the Mario discussion, yet he wasn't there for the discussions since he had to go AWOL.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was actually wondering the same thing, but for the Fox players. Since there are only a very few players who actually main Fox at competitive level I was wondering just how much representation they had for the MU Chart. More importantly, how do they know anything about the Kirby MU?

For the next update, I hope the work behind the chart becomes more transparent (i.e. credits given to the contributors).

Also:
I didn't realize Kewkky was leaving so soon. When do you expect to get back?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was actually wondering the same thing, but for the Fox players. Since there are only a very few players who actually main Fox at competitive level I was wondering just how much representation they had for the MU Chart. More importantly, how do they know anything about the Kirby MU?

For the next update, I hope the work behind the chart becomes more transparent (i.e. credits given to the contributors).

Also:
I didn't realize Kewkky was leaving so soon. When do you expect to get back?
I hope to be back to help on the next update, that's for sure. Expect me back here in 2-3 months. Boot camp lasts for 2 months, but I'm sure it'll be a bit more than that, what with the graduaton ceremonies, paperwork, plane back to my house (if it's true that I get a small break after boot camp), and whatever else. After that, I'll have to buy a laptop when I leave again, since I'll be in military school.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Two months of boot camp sounds like quite the experience. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

(I realize this practically means no Smash for that whole time!)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
From what I remember other smashers talking about, it's not too hard to find people in military training who like to play Smash. I guess it makes sense because if everyone is stuck on the grounds for an extended period of time with a TV might as well set up some video games.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
The Fox MUs look fine. As do the Kirby ones. T1mmy is still stupid. And the Fox/Kirby matchup is a +1 for Kirby so all is right with the world it seems.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Have fun a very serious time at VG bootcamp, Kewkky! You shall be missed :'( .

EDIT: Someone active from the Kirby boards has to look after the important threads while I'm gone! As much as I love keeping everything neat, tidy and updated myself, I won't be able to do so for a while after tomorrow.
I nominate fromundaman, if he's willing. Given that he's a mod and a big contributor, it seems a pretty obvious choice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm not going to be as active as in the past for the next few weeks. I've got a lot of stuff to prepare for for my move on the 19th.

See ya Kewk.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Moving back to Dayton, where I'm going back to school. It is a good smash area (DJ_Iskascribble's going to be my roommate, so I'm bound to get better at both Smash and MVC3.), but I don't know how much time I'll have for games between full-time school and a full-time job.

RATED

Smash Lord
Kewkky already left.

He's only been gone for a couple of hours, and we already miss him.
kgd title
I miss Kewk :(
o:

kewk left already?

i didnt get a chance to say goodbye and good luck :(
Yeah guys, he already left.

Who's your mod now? Fromundaman?

I am going to miss ******playing him and doing the ocasional hang with him. Hanging with him is pretty much... ******** and fun. Right Action Panda?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Where's your god mod now?

lol.

I guess we have the Viewtiful Fromundaman to help us get by these bleak times.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I would, but I'm terribly lazy.

Make sure he knows about Kirby's Tilts. If he can make his Tilts the fundamental building blocks of his Kirby, he's a third of the way to being good. Teach him how to RAR-BAir, SHBAir, SHFAir, jab>Dtilt, the Kirby grab combo (FThrow>UAir>bufferedReverseUTilt>BAir). And let him know in any match, the mission is grabbing your opponent while not taking damage; the next level up is BAiring damage onto your opponent, and getting grabs, while not taking damage.

Top Bottom