• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So what kind of foods would be good to eat if you're trying to build a lil' bit of muscle? I hear protein everywhere.
A lot of people (in the USA at least) think that you need to eat a lot of protein, or that protein in and of itself builds muscle. This isn't exactly correct since the average American eats something like 1.7 to 3.5 times the 'recommended' levels [1] of protein (which may already be too high of recommendations). It's appropriate to note that America is known for its high levels of obesity and diet-related illnesses.

While it's true that you should get a sufficient amount of protein, studies have shown that eating extra amounts of protein does not produce an increase in muscle gain when body building. In fact, it's known that eating excessive amounts of protein can have harmful effects. [2]

If you want to build a little bit of muscle, focus on healthy foods. Your body will burn off excess fat which helps show off muscles, plus you'll be getting the nutrients needed for healthy weight gain (i.e. lean muscle mass). From there, even small amounts of muscle-building exercise goes a long way. I suggest basic push-ups and sit-ups for core muscle building, find some weights for biceps/triceps.

When you're as poor as me and my family, your nutrition is the cheapest drink
I spend next to nothing on food, but everyone in my smash scene knows my brother and I by the awesome/healthy food we eat.

First of all, ditch the soda! Not only is it a waste of money, it literally is poison. Seriously. People build up habits of drinking soda thinking they like it, but if you stay away from it for at least a month you'll be able to taste it for real and it doesn't even taste that good. It definitely won't taste good enough to warrant the harm it causes your body.

, ... cheapest foods
Some of the cheapest foods are some of the most important foods you should be eating. Beans and grains are pretty cheap, but that makes up about 70% to 90% of your caloric intake right there! You can also create a huge variety of foods from cultures all around the globe with just beans and grains.

It's the pre-packaged, nutrient-shallow foods that should be avoided. Eat whole grains with legumes and an appropriate side dish.

the cheapest breakfast cereals (those lower-quality versions of the main brands usually)
Boxed cereals are over-priced and nutritionally shallow. This goes for brand-name boxes cereals as well as generic. They're all fakes and crooks.

Again, whole grains are great for meals, especially breakfast. Try rolled oats - they cook quickly and provide a lot more energy than fluffy boxed cereal. Oats are also very cheap, make a lot, and with the money saved you can buy things like almonds, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, apples, agave nectar, bananas, or whatever you want to add to your "Real Cereal".

If we want snacks, we get the cheapest snacks like once every week or two, and they're always gone the same day we bring them home.
Find something that isn't pre-packaged for a snack. I'm pretty much talking fruits (but even vegetables make for great snacks). I'm talking about apples, bananas, pears, oranges, avacado, carrots, celer... whatever is in season. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, dried fruits also make good snacks. I even bought some asparagus for a snack one day.

These 'snacks' are packed full of vitamins and minerals, but most importantly you're not putting artificial or synthetic ingredients into your body (most pre-packaged snacks have several such ingredients). And hey, looks like you don't need to buy multi-vitamins anymore! Spend that vitamin money on yummy whole foods.

tl;dr
Your health is one of the most important things in your life.
If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
First of all, ditch the soda! Not only is it a waste of money, it literally is poison. Seriously. People build up habits of drinking soda thinking they like it, but if you stay away from it for at least a month you'll be able to taste it for real and it doesn't even taste that good. It definitely won't taste good enough to warrant the harm it causes your body.

Some of the cheapest foods are some of the most important foods you should be eating. Beans and grains are pretty cheap, but that makes up about 70% to 90% of your caloric intake right there! You can also create a huge variety of foods from cultures all around the globe with just beans and grains.

It's the pre-packaged, nutrient-shallow foods that should be avoided. Eat whole grains with legumes and an appropriate side dish.

Boxed cereals are over-priced and nutritionally shallow. This goes for brand-name boxes cereals as well as generic. They're all fakes and crooks.

Again, whole grains are great for meals, especially breakfast. Try rolled oats - they cook quickly and provide a lot more energy than fluffy boxed cereal. Oats are also very cheap, make a lot, and with the money saved you can buy things like almonds, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, apples, agave nectar, bananas, or whatever you want to add to your "Real Cereal".

Find something that isn't pre-packaged for a snack. I'm pretty much talking fruits (but even vegetables make for great snacks). I'm talking about apples, bananas, pears, oranges, avacado, carrots, celer... whatever is in season. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, dried fruits also make good snacks. I even bought some asparagus for a snack one day.

These 'snacks' are packed full of vitamins and minerals, but most importantly you're not putting artificial or synthetic ingredients into your body (most pre-packaged snacks have several such ingredients). And hey, looks like you don't need to buy multi-vitamins anymore! Spend that vitamin money on yummy whole foods.

tl;dr
Your health is one of the most important things in your life.
If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.
I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. We're a family of 8 under a single roof, with bills to pay for everything with only one income (my dad), and those cheap bad nutritional foods are the ones that have the most serving sizes. Fruits are healthy but you're assuming that we can afford heaps for the whole family, when generally its a fruit per person, and you can't exactly stretch a fruit as much as you can stretch a box of chips or cookies. Here we choose quantity over quality because even though it's unhealthy, at least everyone closer to satisfaction than what we would be if we spent all the grocery money on healthier, higher-priced items.

That being said, my family isn't the only one in the world who goes through this situation, there's lots of families who do the same thing because their income isn't as big as they wish it was. When I leave in 10 days it'll change for me at least, with one less overactive stomach to feed my family might be able to save more money.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can understand how a family of 8 will be in a situation to go for quantity over quality, I was sort of speaking to you on a personal level whether for information now or for down the road when you're living on your own and doing your own shopping. A lot of what I said can still be applicable to a whole family, but I guess it would have to be adjusted for different households.

And soda is still terrible for everyone, it's best to just stick with water (or tea/juice). I respect people's choices in beverages, but I feel I should at least mention how bad soda is for people since I know about it personally.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I hate soda, I'm so sick and tired of it. The taste is mediocre, the smell is horrendous, it rots and yellows the teeth like no tomorrow... What I hate the most is how it's cheaper than WATER ($0.89 for a family-size soda bottle, $1.61 for a gallon of water, so the people at home go for the soda since it's almost 2:1)! And I did read your tips and won't forget to keep a good diet once I'm past boot camp. I'm 90% carnivore and I hate veggies but I'll force myself to like them so I can have a healthy body.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
New York City's tap water taste pretty good. Just sayin'... :laugh:

You guys don't have a basic water filter Kew?

I'd eat more meat but as I kid I saw a chicken and goat get slaughtered for food and I've never been the same ever since...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The Fox one sucks, of course. The Kirby one will always be the best.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I have an old ipod nano third generation 8gig if anyone wants it... The back light is broke, but you can get a purple back light for 20 dollars.. If I had 20 dollars to spend on it I would... But I seem to spend all my money on gas for tournys( lol. The rest of my money goes to girls for dates). It makes me sad face... Back tyo the point, anyone want a free ipod?

And I absolutly love soda. Like I eat healthy and take care of myself but I love soda..
My favorite drink ever is cranberry juice.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
@Asdioh: that Fox vid has the Perfect Control opening lines...is it tool-assisted?
I'm almost 100% sure it's tool-assisted. Look at what the Fox does, think of the commands inputted and the delay from one to the next one, then imagine someone doing them with their hands. I'm not joking when I say it's humanly impossible to do a stationary triple waveshine (down+B>jump cancel>waveland in place>down+B>jump-cancel>waveland in place>down+B, all 3 downB's have to hit your opponent before he gets knocked out of reach) like the one at 3:25 in the video, between MANY other examples where it's only possible if you can flick the control stick in different directions while pressing different buttons with perfect timing, with only very-low-frame intervals between each input.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Dark is a really technical player from Chile (iirc). So... supposedly, it's not TAS.

EDIT: @Kewk

You don't need to JC > waveland the shines. JC Shines are shine > jump > shine again before even leaving the ground. Yeah, really tight frame window, but not impossible. Just hard to do too many in a row.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Dark is a really technical player from Chile (iirc). So... supposedly, it's not TAS.

EDIT: @Kewk

You don't need to JC > waveland the shines. JC Shines are shine > jump > shine again before even leaving the ground. Yeah, really tight frame window, but not impossible. Just hard to do too many in a row.
Well since waveshining requires wavelanding in-between shines, it's to be expected that a non-Fox player like me assumes that. Samus forever man. ;)

But still, the window for such things featured in the video are far too tight for me to think of anything besides TAS. Fingers can only move so fast, human reaction time is the one thing that's hindered Fox mainers for so long, I can't imagine a person in this world with a reaction time of like 3 frames (obvious hyperbole).

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Yeah Kewk, I used to think the same thing about waveshines and whatanot. And there's like, only a handful of people who pull of stuff like that, namely Silent Wolf, Lovage, Calle W and Dark... maybe a few other not-so-known players.

Oh, and good character choice. Samus is pretty cool in Melee :]

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Only way I can see some of that stuff happening in real life is by clawing your controller on the right side (which I do sometimes, even in Brawl. Index on X, thumb on B/C-stick... What sucks about Brawl though is that sometimes my inputs are too fast and I end up doing empty fullhops, or I buffer some unwanted attack)... But that's still too much technicality. TAS man, TAS. D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think the entire point of that video being so godlike is that it's not TAS.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think the entire point of that video being so godlike is that it's not TAS.
Shush, you! Until I see him make a 2-way video where the left side is the Fox playing and the right side is the camera on his controller, I will never believe it! /naruto_sentence_end

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Shush, you! Until I see him make a 2-way video where the left side is the Fox playing and the right side is the camera on his controller, I will never believe it! /naruto_sentence_end
Watch some of his videos. He does ridiculous stuff like that when playing normal matches (he just makes mistakes because of (what I assume to be) tourney pressure). LOL.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'm 90% sure that it's not tool assisted. I believe people can move that fast. People I play melee with are no where near that fast, but they do bits and pieces of what he does, so I wouldn't find it hard to believe someone could fit it all together with insane practice.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Not good enough, MK26. I need a video of his hands! :mad:

And some Jell-O. *raids his fridge*

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Nah DWho, send that ish my way ;D

@Kewkky- Hey uh,...it looks like you might've dropped a bit of jelly on your posts; might wanna wipe that off, you're lookin' a bit sloppy :troll:

RRR, I see you lurking! Come to StL this weekend. Kappy, Asdioh and Fromunda, you guys too!

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Nah DWho, send that ish my way ;D

@Kewkky- Hey uh,...it looks like you might've dropped a bit of jelly on your posts; might wanna wipe that off, you're lookin' a bit sloppy :troll:

RRR, I see you lurking! Come to StL this weekend. Kappy, Asdioh and Fromunda, you guys too!
Well whichever wants it just text me or call.. I'll send it. 863 709 5645. And feel free to prank call. I love good ones lol

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, how much do you play melee? I can assure you that it is not TAed. That stuff is very possible to do.
Well I've played it since it was released. Started out with Smash 64. Stopped playing 64, but I still play Melee to this day, just not as much as before due to going full Brawl for tourneys and now Navy and stuff.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well I've played it since it was released. Started out with Smash 64. Stopped playing 64, but I still play Melee to this day, just not as much as before due to going full Brawl for tourneys and now Navy and stuff.
Then you should very well know yourself how possible that stuff is if you've been around for that long :awesome:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Then you should very well know yourself how possible that stuff is if you've been around for that long :awesome:
That stuff is TAS, man. TAS! No matter what you say, no matter what Melee players say, no matter what the player imself who did it says, it's TAS to me. :mad:

EDIT: Ehhh, whatever, I'm going to sleep. TAS = Totally Awesome Stuff, only my first reply was talking about tool-assists and I admit I was wrong there. :troll:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Warning: talking about wifi (but not complaining)

So I play this really good Peach/Link player on the AiB ladder. Like, he's not super godly or anything, but he's legitimately good, particularly with Peach. Then after I lose to him (barely) he leaves this comment: "I didn't like the fact that he had to resort to kirbycide first match but whatever...GG's."

So weird hearing such a scrubby comment from someone that good lol. He said he doesn't do 1v1, just doubles, but still :/ bleh.

It was funny though, first game, Peach vs Kirby on FD, we were both on 2nd stock but I had like 120% or more, and he was only at like 14%... then I got a Kirbycide hehehehe.
The kills I got on him were so funny. Stone first kill, Kirbycide second kill, Fsmash third kill.
Then he counterpicked Link and Pictochat and it was ok I guess... I got my 2 kills by Inhale+Swallowing underneath the roller coaster, which then killed him, and then Fthrowing him into the piranha plant for another kill. :troll:
Third game I went Fox vs Peach and ehhh lost.

I really REALLY need to work on how to beat Peach. I can do fairly well but I get hit and comboed so much, she's freaking scary. I was pretty good at avoiding kills, but her Bair and Nair can kill as well so crap... >_>

Then I played another person... picked Falco on FD first game and just camped lasers and Side B like a wifi Falco should. It was a trolly game and I thought I would lose, but some smart play plus awesome gimps (that I wish I could have saved, don't have my hacks in) won it for me. Then he went Delfino, I was like "I'LL GO FOX" and he was like "OK I'LL GO PIKACHU" and I was like this game is stupid.
Then third game I went Fox vs Marth and had an amazing game, I was doing so well and playing so smart. It was kind of close because random tippers kill early but yeah.

Then s/he leaves the comment "ggs, why your rank so low?" and I feel good about myself because I know I'm better than my crappy AiB records always show xD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That Fox video didn't look Tool-Assisted.

Silent Wolf does more technical things than that (and that's in just a few friendlies I saw him play, he goes turbo speed in tournament).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I decided to go all Kirby at last night's tournaments and I had heap of fun. I didn't even counterpick with Meta Knight against Ice Climbers (and that match was my favorite match of the entire night). I have to say it was tempting to play Dedede against Tudio's Samus (evil grin), but I went Kirby against him too.

I think the best thing was that most of the Wii were hacked with infinite replay so I got several matches saved! I really ought to get the match with the Ice Climbers up for everyone to see since I pulled off this really awesome 'combo' that did about 70% damage. -^_^-

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I had a tourny last night and I went Kirby a few times. I ***** a Wario player and I have the vid. Ill try to get him to post it.

13/65 people
Won three lost two.

I blame my loses on my awful slightly color blind eyes. I need glasses lol

Top Bottom