• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ThrillaGorilla, posting after over a year (???) of Kirby inactivity. *gets ready to ban him from SWF*

On another story, two bosses I'm fighting against in Rune Factory Frontier are crapping all over me. And all of my crops are dying because I didn't pay attention to how the land was going infertile slowly. Man, this game is a challenge.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
An unexpected appearance from Thrilla. It makes me wonder how many lurkers we have in the shadows of the KGD.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'm bored, I have money (just not in time for the STL carpool to go to pound), and I wanna go to a tournament >_<

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I had four impacted wisdom teeth that had to be removed. I decided to get them all taken out in one sitting. It wasn't very fun - except for the part when I could feel them hacking away in the jawbone. That was sort of interesting.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
now with that matter taken care of, what would you think if i did something else i havent done in years: changing my avatar?
Whoa! Don't get too hasty there! One step at a time. XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm more worried about his non-pikmin hitboxes. Have you seen his uptilt? It's absurd.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I went to a tourney yesterday and got 5th again. I usually get tired real quick at tourneys, and I think it's because I tend to eat a lot and it gets me sleepy... If that's the case then it's time to eat big breakfasts and no lunch. :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm sort of the same way, but instead of getting sleepy when I eat I get fatigued if I don't eat all day at the tourney (and I tend to lose track of time while playing matches). Someone told me they have refried beans and corn chips for breakfast before a tournament because the protein keeps them going longer.

Since I know a thing or two about nutrition, it's good advice. If you eat a source of protein with carbohydrates your body utilizes the energy much more efficiently. It's important to eat a source of protein that isn't especially greasy to prevent lethargy, so beans and corn chips sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try some beans with brown rice. It sounds really delicious for a morning meal.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've never thought much about nutrition, usually I just eat stuff then take a megavitamin pill + omega pill once a day. I'm skinny, I have a fast metabolism, I'm always on the move and I exercise regularly, always jumping from hyperactive to emotionally dead on random days, maybe it IS my nutrition. I'll have to learn more about it soon.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wooow, thanks sooo much for the video Asdioh!! I've been looking for his his hitbubbles for the longest!! And now that I've seen them I wanna rip his freakin' antenna of his head! :mad:

Last time I went on the search for his frame data I ended up here...
link removed by Kewkky

Yes, a link from the Olimar boards linked to that...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wooow, thanks sooo much for the video Asdioh!! I've been looking for his his hitbubbles for the longest!! And now that I've seen them I wanna rip his freakin' antenna of his head! :mad:

Last time I went on the search for his frame data I ended up here...

Yes, a link from the Olimar boards linked to that...
Whoever put that link there should've been infracted and had it removed. I'm removing the link from your post since it has quite a lot of inappropriate content. Just reading the comments make me 100% sure that the video should NOT have passed the resident mod's eyes.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
That's the second time I posted something iffy... My bad I didn't mean to.
I thought since it was on the Oli boards it would be ok to post it. Ah-hem anyway they updated the info a month ago and it looks like our jab is faster than theirs by 1 frame. Yay, something good! Although from the looks of it we get out-ranged. Not surprising. :urg:

You guys talking about food is making me hungry. Especially the corn chip talk.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's the second time I posted something iffy... My bad I didn't mean to.
I thought since it was on the Oli boards it would be ok to post it. Ah-hem anyway they updated the info a month ago and it looks like our jab is faster than theirs by 1 frame. Yay, something good! Although from the looks of it we get out-ranged. Not surprising. :urg:

You guys talking about food is making me hungry. Especially the corn chip talk.
Well it's not your fault since the Olimar boards got away with it, and that made you think it's okay. ;)

And I'm hungry too, so I'm gonna raid some sad, random leftovers since we don't have snacks at home due to us being poor. :(

Oh and someone stole my iPod during the tourney. Good thing I'm not allowed to bring it to the Navy and that I was planning on buying a better one anyway, else I would've been devastated since it was my concentration tool.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Nutrition is pretty amazing stuff. When I first got into learning about it (on a scientific viewpoint) I realized just how complex and amazing food is. Once I learned enough about it, I realized that everything necessary for healthy eating is all wrapped up and ready to go from nature. XD

If you have a high metabolism (I do too) then it would help to learn stuff about nutrition. For instance, for those of us with high metabolisms, we can tailor our foods to be higher energy values or to keep us full for longer. That and eating well also has the added advantage of living longer and getting sick less.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Personally I love oranges and whenever I eat a meal I almost always have a side salad (no dressing). I need more protein though. :(

So what kind of foods would be good to eat if you're trying to build a lil' bit of muscle? I hear protein everywhere.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
people seriously need to stop stealing **** at tournies.

actually, people need to stop leaving stuff where people can find it. Kewkky wtf >:O

but no really, stop the theft wtf

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nutrition is pretty amazing stuff. When I first got into learning about it (on a scientific viewpoint) I realized just how complex and amazing food is. Once I learned enough about it, I realized that everything necessary for healthy eating is all wrapped up and ready to go from nature. XD

If you have a high metabolism (I do too) then it would help to learn stuff about nutrition. For instance, for those of us with high metabolisms, we can tailor our foods to be higher energy values or to keep us full for longer. That and eating well also has the added advantage of living longer and getting sick less.
When you're as poor as me and my family, your nutrition is the cheapest drink in the store (in every case, soda or water), the cheapest foods in the store (anything that can be made for a large amount of people and stored for a long time, like rice, beans, burgers, hot dogs, sausages, pork chops... If we're treating ourselves, we buy enough for everyone, but we all get one single serving and it's never enough), the cheapest breakfast cereals (those lower-quality versions of the main brands usually), and a multivitamin pill per day. If we want snacks, we get the cheapest snacks like once every week or two, and they're always gone the same day we bring them home.

I know that for me at least, once I leave for the Navy and am out of boot camp with my own steady salary, I won't worry about THAT again.

And I bought that iPod along with the laptop I'm using now (outdated as hell) with a student loan 4 years ago, else I would've never had an mp3 to call my own (or a computer of any kind). :(

/woes of today's lifestyle

Might as well post this here too.

Went to that same tourney that Kewkky went to and got 7th, which is my best placing so far. Normally I aim to get 9th since I've been stuck at 13th and 17th for so long, so getting 7th was much better than I anticipated. I played a LOT of Falcos in the tournament, and beat every single one of them except for one Falco as Toon Link (it's a 40:60 matchup). I played really well, but the best part is that I know where I was doing wrong, so now I have something to work with when I practice.

In doubles I did quite well and I have a replay of one of the matches, so I'll be linking you guys to that. I got 7th in doubles too.

Speaking of nutrition, Kewkky, I didn't sleep or eat breakfast for the tournament. All I ate was a single burger from the venue after doubles. GET ON MAH LEVEL!

Top Bottom