• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That happens to me, somehow everyone thinks I'm a cheater [I can't even WD properly yet, so what will happen then?] and they have a shot at beating even though I hand them their *** on a silver platter.

In time, they will learn, even if it means stalking them in a FFA [I have no choice, read my sig, I have to play in an arcade with noobs who love items >.> [ I secretly turn them of sometimes]] and making them lose 3 minutes before everyone else.

P.S. this thread is pretty good so I guess it deserves saving [from being deleted]

Razed

Smash Ace
A john for when brawl comes w/ Corneria;

- I've had it with these ****** ******' Snakes on this ****** ******' plane!

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
id say warming up has validity but also that you should just do it before playing any serious games then winning cuz your nor ready

but yeah good list

there should be section called

shiek johns

thats the one i use most often cuz im nubb

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I have heard alot of people conplain about the cold hands thing... even in my own crew but it never really affects me..... maybe it is a sign I should pick up IC's or something.....

yea well cold hands seems to be the only john that would be excusable....... well except me I am the ultimate John. John Gill that is. :colorful:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My *** is throbbing is a good john, I can't play if my *** is being owned by crappy furniture.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I prefer the metajohns myself but the post johns were also really entertaining, this is deff one of my fav posts :)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Shouldn't laughing be a john? Like if someone KOs you and you laugh as if, "How funny that that worked." Also any scoffing sound of exasperation (ie. your sick of being chain thrown).

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't laughing be a john? Like if someone KOs you and you laugh as if, "How funny that that worked." Also any scoffing sound of exasperation (ie. your sick of being chain thrown).
Noise johns? lol

By the way, Escondido represent, i live in Esco too. :lol:

tshahi10

Smash Ace
some johns i believe are acceptable
such as
cold fingers
no glasses + very small tv combined (i would know)
you ****in slapped the controller out of my hand 4 times(i loosely grip)
(i had to say all of these, but i ussually dont john)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
East Coast is the best *****es!!!! PC CHRIS IS ON MY SIDE!! HAHAHAHAHA

but cali has the good players and FL isnt THAT bad.we got some good players....like doodah...and how can we 4get DA SHIZ WIZ!!

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell do we say the word "John" anyways? That makes not sense. Where did the word come from? Technically it just means sore loser when someone is losing and fake modesty when their winning.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why the hell do we say the word "John" anyways? That makes not sense. Where did the word come from? Technically it just means sore loser when someone is losing and fake modesty when their winning.
Someone named "John" keep on making up excuses whenever he lost at this game.

Binx

Smash Master
Nice list, I only saw one problem, at the end you say get some grammar, the majority of people who post on this site (myself included) are funcionally illiterate and you should have spelled it grammer like them.

HAHA seriously though you win the No Johns cup of Victory

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I see the "TV lag" as a valid john. I just returned from a tournament yesterday where every TV had about a half-second of lag. The game is unplayable at that point. Skill sorta slips out the window, and anyone can win. I ended up taking third when I could've easily taken first. TV lag swings the match more in favor of fast characters since their moves are that much more forgiving in a laggy environment. In this particular tournament, we had to pre-register our characters, so I couldn't change my mind to compensate. :(

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I can't wait to see how this interesting and unique information molds and changes the community.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Nice, a spam topic full of mindless single line posts. My favorite /joins.

I don't like the way you call everything a john. A john is VERY SIMPLY: A lame excuse.

Knowing the difference between a john (or someone johning) and a legitimate explanation for certain events will allow you to help your friends (or johners) to improve.

So NO JOHNS for this topic.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
another john I've seen often is. "That dtilt was a (insert move)" or "That jump was a wavedash" I say that a lot actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom