• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Thanks for answering, PND =)
Who is Jiggly's best matchup and why?
Ganon or Captain Falcon, prolly.
imo I think it's Ganon, because he's slow, easy to juggle, and bad in the air. All he has on puff is that he KOs earlier, really..
I've played some Cfs who were pretty good, and he seems harder then Ganon because he's...fast.
Don't take my word for it because I've barely played any Ganons, and im sure someone else here can tell you better.

PND

Smash Champion
I'd say Link. He basically gets autogimped, and although he has a great projectile game, we have an easier time getting past it than most.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Don't take my word for it because I've barely played any Ganons, and im sure someone else here can tell you better.
Take my word then! :o

Her best match ups would probably be Link, CF, and Ganon in that order. Ganon has a LOT easier time killing than CF, he has ALL of his options out of Gerudo on Puff (dtilt, ftilt, jab, iDA, platform drop uair, and of course Gerudo), he can spike Puff out of all her jumps at a mere 15% or so, and if Ganon grabs Puff with Dark Dive, the most she can do is nair, which actually helps us to recover (compared to Falco being able to spike us out of it). Ganon also has incredible range, which Jiggs just happens to lack.

That being said, Ganon DOES get juggled easily due to his weight and lack of "gtfo" options, and he can get gimped fairly easily.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
CF is Jigglys best matchup IMO... I find it really funny to Pound spam them... I've managed to pound a good captain falcon in a chain (Pound, Jump, Pound etc.) Managed to get 4 pounds on him before he got out.. (note... Wifi) Honestly... he has nothing to get away from pound... Oh... and your bairs also **** him in every way... his only usefull move is his upair... which... well isn't very usefull against Jiggs... His Up B is easy to rest... an unnstaled fair kills him early... Just keep away from his Dsmash and you wont have trouble beating him... Ganon is also a pretty easy matchup, BUT you just can't do any mistakes becouse if you do.. you're dead...

PND

Smash Champion
Boozer kills us MAD early if he grabs us. Seriously, don't get grabbed. If you can avoid getting grabbed, it's probably our advantage. But if you get grabbed, I think it's around 60% is a guaranteed kill. Jiggs is just REALLY good at getting inside Bowser's camp and ****** his shield. Always rise your pounds and use rising dairs, his UpB ooS is beast, and if you don't space yourself high enough you'll get punished.

D3 is a gay matchup. Whoever approaches loses. Be prepared for camp. If you win, it'll likely be by timer, gimp/stage spike, or rest/rollout his recovery. If he wins, it'll likely be because of a fresh bair (or you at ridiculous percents) or utilt.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Erm, want a vid critiqued but uh not sure if I should post it in the critique thread since it hasn't been used in like 3 months? Just making sure.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Oh okay. I thought DDD or Bowser would be a good matchup for Jiggs
DDD is slightly in his favour. Not massively though; it's still winnable for Jigglypuff.

As for Bowser, it's in your favour if you don't get grabbed, and good Jigglys shouldn't get grabbed too often.

The problem is, although Jigglypuff is better than them at racking up damage, we have to get them to AT LEAST 150% to have a decent shot at killing them. Compared to the 80% that they kill us at, that's NOT good.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Oh okay. I thought DDD or Bowser would be a good matchup for Jiggs
D3 is too fat, and Boozer kills us at like, 20.

OBVIOUSLY this is an oversimplified statement, but just go with it.
He is a big, slow, target that will kill you with a few f-airs.

He's really easy to rack up damage on. I find that that almost counters out his early kills. Not to mention he vertical recovery is really bad.

Bowser + Jigglypuff = fun match

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Jw, do any of you use the c-stick for specials? Idk if its just me, but I find it easier to pull off drillrest on people. The only downside to this (imo) is that you cant use dair+fsmash/dair+Usmash

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jw, do any of you use the c-stick for specials? Idk if its just me, but I find it easier to pull off drillrest on people. The only downside to this (imo) is that you cant use dair+fsmash/dair+Usmash
Around January or February, we started messing around with B-sticking due to the possibility of an incredible height boost/expanded recovery options from b-reversed pounds, but we found out that in order for Pound to get this extra boost, one of your jumps were consumed in the process.

The main problem with B-sticking as Jigglypuff is that she is not NEAR as reliant on her special moves compared to a character such as Lucas, in which B-sticking can help his PK Fire spacing and make his recovery tricks easier to pull off. The lack of a C-stick is VERY detrimental for a character who arguably could be played with simply the control stick and the A button. Retreating/moving aerials are a bit more difficult to control without having that spontaneous input in the other direction. C-sticking also can increase your overall DI ability, which is a great for a character that dies comparatively quickly.

tl;dr - Your control scheme is bad and you should feel bad.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I recently decided to pick up Jiggs because she just feels right, but there are very few videos in the archive, and none that help me at all...

Does anyone have some recent matches vs Diddy or DDD? Or know of any famous jiggs players I can look up?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'd say look up Thinkaman, but he has like NO videos.

Take it from me, he WRECKS D3's.

But in response to Jiggs' best match up, I'd have to agree on Link.

I play Illinialex last night on Wifi, and though it was Wifi, I got absolutely wrecked, the second I was off the edge, I either had to get lucky, or I was dead, any one of his moves would kill my momentum, making it impossible for me to recover.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'd say look up Thinkaman, but he has like NO videos.

Take it from me, he WRECKS D3's.

But in response to Jiggs' best match up, I'd have to agree on Link.

I play Illinialex last night on Wifi, and though it was Wifi, I got absolutely wrecked, the second I was off the edge, I either had to get lucky, or I was dead, any one of his moves would kill my momentum, making it impossible for me to recover.
You did not get absolutely wrecked, your Wario ***** my iSpam Metaknight.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I feel like these boards have degraded (quite) a bit since my last time here, any truth to that?

from browsing it seems we've covered the character possibilities, and as thinkaman said a long time ago, need to move towards mind-sets and reactions to play, not play actions.

Discuss?

Btw I'm gonna try to make a return here, so expect more expansive info on stuff you don't care about.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I feel like these boards have degraded (quite) a bit since my last time here, any truth to that?

from browsing it seems we've covered the character possibilities, and as thinkaman said a long time ago, need to move towards mind-sets and reactions to play, not play actions.

Discuss?

Btw I'm gonna try to make a return here, so expect more expansive info on stuff you don't care about.
Great! We need more people that are not all "o lol jiggs sucks dont use her."

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Indeed.

That's about all we can do now, yeah.

O shi-

ANOTHER JIGGS USER.

Great! We need more people that are not all "o lol jiggs sucks but continue to use her."
Fixed for me.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is character hero; she goes up against all competition as a pink ball of condensed manliness with no clear advantages and still wins (if you're cool)

Jiggs is still top tier in manliness.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is character hero; she goes up against all competition as a pink ball of condensed manliness with no clear advantages and still wins (if you're cool)
I can't believe you used those two words in the same sentence while describing Her Majesty.

NO.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know of any other word I can use to relate to you the caliber of awesome that is manliness.

I guess you should blame the pre-1930's where only men could be considered epic/awesome/impossibly cool.

Womanly just doesn't convey that sense of power, they are two different words.

Manly (adj.)

A description of someone or something that is very masculine or awesome, such as eating jerky for two months straight. Manly originated in the northwest around 2002, during an amateur boxing tournament, and has spread quickly.

E.g. : ****, Kamina from the hit animated show "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" is so manly he uses guns to punch things instead of actually shoot them.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
^ There really isn't a thread =\ I asked the same thing a while back. Video thread maybe..best shot tho is to post in social thread since that's the most active thread on these boards.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Can somebody teach me to brinstar?
Grounded characters struggle with the ailen terrain. Jigglypuff can manuver with ease in the air. You have an advantage. You can shark under the main platform, and the acid canceles your rest. (At a price.)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Figured out that you can buffer a grab instead of a shield from a waveland. Probably already used by people but I haven't seen anyone specifically talk about it so I thought I'd post it here. Possible uses are mainly baiting a smash and then using the little boost gained from the waveland to 'extend' the grab longer than the opponent would expect. Was this already know?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Figured out that you can buffer a grab instead of a shield from a waveland. Probably already used by people but I haven't seen anyone specifically talk about it so I thought I'd post it here. Possible uses are mainly baiting a smash and then using the little boost gained from the waveland to 'extend' the grab longer than the opponent would expect. Was this already know?
yes but your better off wave landing to a shield grab. but if your opponent is reactant to seeing a shield pop up then grab is always a good option

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I love Jiggz, but my main is Rob and I don't easily switch it. But I really love Jiggz. Currently, Jiggz is my secondary. Should I switch it so that Rob is my secondary or should I just keep going with Rob?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I love Jiggz, but my main is Rob and I don't easily switch it. But I really love Jiggz. Currently, Jiggz is my secondary. Should I switch it so that Rob is my secondary or should I just keep going with Rob?
You must cirtainly support and use Jigglypuff, so if you want to win with less of a challange, second Jigglypuff and main R.O.B.

Or you can main Jigglypuff and use R.O.B. as a counterpick or saftey secondary.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If you really want to, go ahead and main Jiggs. I suggest otherwise though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thanks guys. I have decided to main Jiggz and possibly help her evolve :p Jiggz is the most underrated character in the game. And I picked Jiggz because she also has a good matchup with MK unlike ROB.

Beam Sword of Death

Smash Cadet
Grand Forks, North Dakota AKA The Frozen Tundra
Thanks guys. I have decided to main Jiggz and possibly help her evolve :p Jiggz is the most underrated character in the game. And I picked Jiggz because she also has a good matchup with MK unlike ROB.
I don't use Jiggs a lot, but I have to agree with the fact that she is highly underrated. If you know how to use Jiggs to her full potential, you can seriously kick some butt.
Trust me I have a friend who's main is Jiggs...and it's a tough battle everytime.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Basically what JigglyZelda said.

I think it's 65:35, but some people will say its close to 55:45 or 50:50.

The general consensus is 60:40 though, from what I understand.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jigglypuff vs MK is 20:80.

Prove me wrong Thinkaman, go out and beat a good mk, have the results up AND have footage so we can all see for ourselves.

Top Bottom