• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Bair is the best momentum cancel that we has.

Though, alot of the time i feel that Uair has momentum slowing attributes.

Also, Bair is MUCH better for approaching than fair is, since we want to keep fair for kill moves. But i always approach facing the opponent. I also need to play much more defensive and baitful. My baits are really bad, and if i succeed, my punish is fail.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Bair is the best momentum cancel that we has.

Though, alot of the time i feel that Uair has momentum slowing attributes.

Also, Bair is MUCH better for approaching than fair is, since we want to keep fair for kill moves. But i always approach facing the opponent. I also need to play much more defensive and baitful. My baits are really bad, and if i succeed, my punish is fail.
But if u approach with bair it could lead to potential AD behind to grab--> since you'd be facing the right way :awesome:

Idk much about jiggz but that's a staple mixup with wario :laugh:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I also feel U-air momentum cancels almost as good as B-air

As far as approaching

I feel I get to predictable if I use B-air to approach most of the time, Though it's best I mix it up with fair, but that's only when they are at low %
If they are a high% I use bair and do fake approaches and punish reactions with D-air
Of coarse I'm no pro so I'm prob doing it wrong :p

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I need to watch my fair usage. I use Dair alot, but mostly OOS. Dapuffser has some good vids on foxtrotting dair to approach, which is a good thing to learn.

Cia

das kwl
I'm not sure if this has ever been said. But check out some Hungrybox vids of his melee jiggs. A lot of his spacing and approach tricks can be applied to brawl puff

:teemo:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if this has ever been said. But check out some Hungrybox vids of his melee jiggs. A lot of his spacing and approach tricks can be applied to brawl puff

:teemo:
THIS ONE THOUSAND ****ING TIMES.

The problem I see with most of the Puffs on these boards... You sacrifice space by not throwing out hit-boxes all the time. Learning to hold your ground is, imo, VERY important with Jigglypuff and HBox does it so well.

Compare DaPuffster vs. Nairo and how he is always getting pushed to the corners due to not bair spamming to any of HBox's matches.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Also i'd like to star a stage Discussion thread as well.
We can break down all the Neutrals first, and then go into CP's.

That way we can discuss pro's and cons of each stage as well as mechanics.
Concepts, ways to play, etc.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess we should use a Max Revive on the moveset discussion thread too. Nice to see some activity here for a change.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
You should try approaching with a ff nair as a mixup. Jiggs whole body is a hotbox and it can lead into a grab since there is no landing lag once it sour spots.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Do you approach with it, or do you just throw it out?
Also who against? I can't imagine thats safe against alot of characters?

Falco's jab eats everything and it makes me pissed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi has the best mmentum cancel. His egg lay stops all momentum whatsoever. It's exactly like G&W's bucket only we go into special fall and die 90% of the time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And thats not even the best part, we have to be like, hella high above the stage or else we'll fall too low before we can even break out of the egg.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Do you approach with it, or do you just throw it out?
Also who against? I can't imagine thats safe against alot of characters?

Falco's jab eats everything and it makes me pissed.
You wouldn't use it against a falco. It is decent against some characters tho. You can even pivot and attack using you're butt (since it counts as a hitbox) and push through their shield from above. Upon landing, you are facing them but they are not facing you, so its a nice grab time.

Also, if you think they are about to approach, try jumping and N-Airing into their advance. It throws off their spacing and it can land a hit that can, as stated before, lead to a grab. Just practice using it on some people or dare a say a lvl 9 to get used to it. It helps keep your other aerials fresh.

Or complete ignore my tactical advice. There is a chance I'm completely wrong. I'm used to it, I am married after all.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
You wouldn't use it against a falco. It is decent against some characters tho. You can even pivot and attack using you're butt (since it counts as a hitbox) and push through their shield from above. Upon landing, you are facing them but they are not facing you, so its a nice grab time.

Also, if you think they are about to approach, try jumping and N-Airing into their advance. It throws off their spacing and it can land a hit that can, as stated before, lead to a grab. Just practice using it on some people or dare a say a lvl 9 to get used to it. It helps keep your other aerials fresh.
Nair is awesome like that.
There is a chance I'm completely wrong. I'm used to it, I am married after all.
i wanted to quote this separate as it is a QFT

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay

now imagine you're playing an opponent who shields and Pivot grabs all the time.
What do you do.

Also, i wanna finish up the falco export by wednesday please.
And i finished the write up for Final Destination. If anyone wants to look over it and comment, feel free, it's in the OP of the Stage Discussion thread.

We're discussing battlefield now. To help please go to the Stage Discussion.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Well if the opponent does that you wouldn't use that tactic. Its just a mixup to use every now and then, not an approach to use every time.

:phone:

alex073088

Smash Rookie
Im having a bit of trouble blocking and punishing zeldas forward smash. It seems as though she is actually able to commit an action before i can actually can get in range to punish her.

Im actually going for run and grab due to the player doing an attack that prevents aerial approach afterward like neutral a or tilt forward a. Zeldas forward smash takes quite a larger amount of sheild as well.

Also is sheik tilt forward a really that good, it combos jiggly really well. and when sheilding it seems to not be at to much disadvantge.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I know that feeling alex.
Zelda's fsmash EATS through shields. The best thing to do, is not punish OOS. You can't powershield it since its has a ******** super fast multi hit.

Zelda's biggest weakness is her lack of an approach. But nair and i think even Dair stop Din's fire. So once you get the lead, avoid her dumb attacks.

The next character we're covering is Zelda btw.

alex073088

Smash Rookie
Thanks you guys, after a few attempts i decided to not punish her forward smash or sheik forward tilts and awaitied a different opening. just sucks that they can do that once u finally get in after dogdeing and hopping around all the **** they throw at u.

I won most the matches. To me zelda weakness is that she is easier to gimp them other characters. Zelda still can somewhat zone, there have been situations where i knew if i didnt just let din's fire hit me that i would have dogded right into an up smash. Jiggly does approach better then zelda but i feel like she still has to take a bit of risk inorder to get the results she needs. Espically at earlier percentages where jigglypuffs knockback on her attacks are to low to allow for jigglypuff to stay at a true advantage.

Also pound takes out din's fire.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The key to that match is to get a lead.
Once you get a lead, the only thing Zelda can do is throw dins fire, which Pound (side B) and Down Air, Nair and i think evenr B/Fair beat. then she can run and dash attack, or... run and grab.

Once you have the lead she is forced to do that. Like you said, gimping zelda is a big deal.
make sure when you're using pound on zelda, right after you hit Side B you immediately hold up. Kind of like a swooping motion.
It'll take you out of Zelda's grab range.

Top Bottom