• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
It's awful really.

GnW's backair and nair outspace us most of the game.
Not to mention his smash attacks kill us at like, 70, if not earlier.

If you play against a good gnw, it's not fun.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nah, even if they SDI dair they can't punish it.

And if you only hit with the end bit (because you predicted a roll, they spot-dodged the first half, etc...) you still get the follow-ups.

Dair is amazing.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
You know whats starting to bother me?
Whenever any MU comes up, and people are discussing it.

The first thing that happens is we go "But we can rest ____" As if that makes a difference -.-

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's not untapped at all. Veril did EXTENSIVE research in regards to Rest and Rest Interrupts. It's a mediocre kill move that is ridiculously risky. The only good things it has going for it is the ability to interrupt most multi-hit moves, and the fact that it can be canceled by water, lava, and springs

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not talking about the move's mechanics like cancelling in water and ****.

Look at it this way: How many things in an average game could you punish with Rest that you don't punish with rest?

That's what I thought.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Look at it this way: How many things in an average game could you punish with Rest that you don't punish with rest?
Depends on what your definition of "punish" is. If Marth Up-B'd on stage at 20%, you could totally punish him with Rest, though that's completely stupid. Now, if you're referring to punishes when the opponent is in death range, then I would nail that punish with rest 4/5 times, depending on how far away they are.

That's what I thought.
Oh, this will be fun.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You would nail the punish only 4/5 times, yet you believe that there is nothing else to learn about Rest?
I'm not saying that I'd miss the Rest. I'm saying that there are times in which the opponent is too far away to use Rest, so DACUS, or hell, even rollout, are better options.

Still waiting for your definition of "punish".

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I meant at KO percents, lol, I didn't think that needed to be said.

Anyway, I highly doubt that you hit with rest every single time you get an opportunity to do so in a match, but you don't have any matches on Youtube so I can't really prove that.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Anyway, I highly doubt that you hit with rest every single time you get an opportunity to do so in a match, but you don't have any matches on Youtube so I can't really prove that.
I only use Rest as a punishing move. I am not saying that 4/5 of my kills are Rests. In regards to punishes, which we are currently talking about, I rarely miss Rest due to the ease of landing it on a character that is in no position to do anything about it.

I don't see how me not having any uploaded matches has anything to do with Rest's apparent untapped potential, but I suppose attacking me and not the argument will actually get us somewhere.

Wait.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You could apply the same logic to Melee. If you could always rest when it just became possible, Puff would be bannable.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But yeah, it kinda sucks that our only option to not suck so much is to risk our stock for a damn hard to land killmove that is a bit above average compared to other strong killmoves. Well that sounds kinda fair to me lol.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Not if you're the lightest char in game that can be killed by anybody from 0 to 40%.
Imo rest can be broken if you have frame perfect timing and use it to counter non disjointed moves.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I only browsed the last like, 8 posts.

But look.
Unless there is multiple times in one match that your opponent is above 75%, and you're below 60%, you should not be using rest unless you are 100% sure it'll hit. Or you're dead.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
:jigglypuff:
-4: :gw:
-3: :snake: :marth: :dk2: :metaknight: || :zerosuitsamus: :olimar:
-2: :lucario: :toonlink: :pikachu2: :popo: :dedede: || :diddy: :bowser2: :rob: :peach: :falco: :pit: || :wario: :yoshi2: :fox: :kirby2: :lucas: :wolf: :pt:
-1: :sonic: :luigi2: || :sheilda: :ness2: :mario2: :samus2:
0: :ike: :sheik: || :zelda: :falcon: :link2:
2(-4000): :ganondorf:

Hey
This is the updated BBR MU spread, as made by me.

I put markers where subtiers should be.

problems?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My list would be:
-4: :gw::snake:
-3: :dk2::metaknight::olimar::yoshi2::zerosuitsamus:
-2: :marth::rob::toonlink::pikachu2::peach::falco: :pit::wario::fox::kirby2::wolf::squirtle:
-1: :popo::dedede::diddy::luigi2:
-?: :lucario:
+0: :sonic::lucas::ness2::mario2::ike::sheik::sheilda::falcon::pt:
+1: :bowser2::link2::zelda::samus2::charizard:
+2: :ivysaur::ganondorf:

Marth is based on my personal experience in the match-up, so yeah, I'm sure people will disagree with that. Other than that, I don't think there is anything suspect in my list.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
:jigglypuff:
-4: :gw:
-3: :snake: :marth: :dk2: :metaknight: || :zerosuitsamus: :olimar:
-2: :lucario: :toonlink: :pikachu2: :popo: :dedede: || :diddy: :bowser2: :rob: :peach: :falco: :pit: || :wario: :yoshi2: :fox: :kirby2: :lucas: :wolf: :pt:
-1: :sonic: :luigi2: || :sheilda: :ness2: :mario2: :samus2:
0: :ike: :sheik: || :zelda: :falcon: :link2:
2(-4000): :ganondorf:

Hey
This is the updated BBR MU spread, as made by me.

I put markers where subtiers should be.

problems?
Swap Diddy and Yoshi. Yoshi's Pivot Grabs, Eggs, and weight make this matchup impossible for Jigglypuff because she has to work a **** load to get in and can't keep the lead unless she kills Yoshi who won't die because he weighs so much. At least against Diddy he's lighter, you can gimp him, and you can use his own projectiles against him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi has a terrible shield though which means a lot of the time Yoshi will be forced to take damage when other characters normally wouldnt so he can avoid getting shield pressured into oblivion.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Random question: Would Yoshi be a good character if he had a normal shield? His potential OoS options seem crazy to me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He'd at least be high tier, and a possible MK counter candidate.

I hope that answers your question.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well then the thing I always tell people when they say Yoshi sucks is actually kinda true. He indeed is a character with really good attributes and stuff, but has a crippling weakness called a cool shield.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, but he isn't very good either. The point was, he would be without a crappy shield, right?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He would be very good. But my point is that even with that shield, he's not bad. He's just average.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
3 stocking a good yoshi is extremely hard without suicides on yoshi's part. Wall of pain is near impossible and the absorbing of hits almost guarantees hits on jiggz in the matchup. My matches with yoshi mains are almost always close:/.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I guess I agree with the new MU chart, other than Snake not being in the same level as G&W for us. And maybe ROB, he IS tough, but I don't think it's just as bad as ZSS or Olimar.

Top Bottom