• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I've made some all right use of dsmash recently. Are there any good options with Dsmash that we know of?

Also, I want to get better with puff now.
She's just so fun.
I officially main Yoshi and second puff.
Get at me.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
All our aerials are seperated by 2 frames. So it doesn't really matter though bair is the fastest i think.

I usually use Uair out of habit from Zss

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
Even if it's lowering pound?

Pika's side B raises you vertically a lot, and they use it to recover. There is still no recorded case of someone dying off the top.

What are any, if they exist, good ways to fight Snake? What should I do? I know the MU sucks, but I should be able to beat my friend with puff if I'm careful.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This is one of my better match-ups.

For starters, you want the lead. To get the lead, you need to dance around in-front of him and bait something. By dancing, I mean fox-trot/dash-dance/short hop weaving/etc... Use the ground and the air to avoid being predictable and try to get him to either ftilt, jab or utilt (make sure you are out of grab range all the time, though).

If he ftilts while you are close, be ready to shield + shield SDI it or just SDI through it normally. After you do that or he misses, lay on as much hurt as you can as safely as you can. Don't get greedy and watch out for bair/nair.

If he utilts, you should hopefully be outside of the range (behind him or you predict the utilt and move far enough away). Once again, go back in and dish out the hurt.

If he jabs, SDI it the same as Ftilt. Blah, blah, blah.

Once you have a decent enough lead, camp. That doesn't mean "Never every try and punish, hold onto the percentage you have". It just means to play A LOT safer and don't take any risks unless they are really worth it (you'll work out what is worth it and what isn't with experience). Kind-of like this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4gVzsQZgE

Avoid all of his projectile gimmicks and Snake gimmicks and punish him whenever you get the chance, and you can pull out a win.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff can absolutely molest Snake whenever his feet are not on his grenade/c4/mine-riddled precious ground. Take advantage of this to the fullest extent. Just watch out for predictable airdodges/bairs/nairs, and don't be afraid to bait and punish them.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
Back air ends faster than upair right? And does upair have iasa frames that bair doesn't? I want to know because I figured out that using side-B/Pound works almost exactly like G&W's bucket braking. I've been using back-air>pound but i want to know if upair wouldn't make this more useful.

I like calling it pound parking, idk if it has already been discovered and named something else though, but i don't see other puffs using it...

nvm the above, i should rly learn to read xD but i'd still like to know about the upair

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Dedede's infinite on Snake kgo.
Its just grabbing over and over...
EASY=]

Having fun in a tournament is :glare:
Pre-game before the tournament (I mean this is a children's game after all)..then make a funny tag. Dodge roll a lot and talk about non-smash related subjects with your opponents while you play....you'll have a blast! =D

Edit: AND DON'T FORGET TO PLAY WITH YOUR JIGGLYPUFFS BEFORE SHAKING YOUR OPPONENTS HAND! ;]

Osennecho

Smash Ace
How do people DACUS with Puff... I can never seem to get it work let along work consistently. Do people set R to a different button to assist or.....? Its practically the only thing I can't make work with Puff and it's driving me insane.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well usually i believe that it's best to set R to attack since it's way much more comfortable to handle it and getting used to it.
But i mean you could just use another setting if you think there's a better way for you. Because, you know, everyone has their ways of doing things. It's pretty much like me being random and put grab on Y because i feel like i just leveled up my item game.

EDIT:
But anyways, Jiggs's DACUS isn't all that reliable. More like something to catch your opponent off guard.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Well usually i believe that it's best to set R to attack since it's way much more comfortable to handle it and getting used to it.
But i mean you could just use another setting if you think there's a better way for you. Because, you know, everyone has their ways of doing things. It's pretty much like me being random and put grab on Y because i feel like i just leveled up my item game.

EDIT:
But anyways, Jiggs's DACUS isn't all that reliable. More like something to catch your opponent off guard.
Thanks. I guess I'll try setting attack to R at some point soon and see how that goes. Probably some point later this week when I have several hours to experiment. And yah... I know Puffs DACUS isn't very reliable, but I can't tell you how many times I've played the character only to read a roll or some other thing or have the opponent trip and wish I could DACUS as a punish/kill, especially since Puff gets so few chances at kills as it is. It would also be good as you said for a mix up.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I DACUS with every single character using the normal method, that being input dash attack with the c stick, roll the stick up Up and hold Z.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
What moves do people just if sharking on Delphino or Halberd? Personally I end up using retreating Fair far to often. Someone I played recently seemed to purposely run into it to stale it depending on his percent while Snake. The only 2 others I ever use are pound/rising pound and Uair although I find the latter to be extremely situational. Just wondering if anyone does anything different or if they have the same mindset as myself.

Top Bottom