• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I DOUBT he angles his shield. He rarely even does that against nado >_>
Well maybe it's because of my mindset. I keep thinking the MU is impossible so of course it is. I can maybe play him Wednesday, but I will play a DK main then for sure. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
His jab isn't that deadly, just fast. You can rest out of some of his jab shenanigans if you like to play risky.

And yeah Lasers aren't that bad cause you have airspeed with an airdodge. From my experience, best way to overcome laser spam is to just airdodge through them and hit him before he touches the ground. If he lands before you get him you're likely to get punished. If you duck the lasers be prepared for an Illusion or maybe dacus. It's what I see most Flacos do.

I'm not exactly sure how many dthrow combos he can do, I just know at only very low percentages does his dthrow>dair work. He can only "chain grab" you if you don't drift.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know that, if he tries to do any stupid jab cancel stuff he gets rested, but he is aware of it.
And his jab is deadly because of it's fast lol. It's so safe, combats Puff's range and combos to some important moves.

T-block

B2B TST
Technically every u-smash is "BDACUS-capable". Overall there's nothing special about a BDACUS compared to a regular DACUS. Does she actually gain any distance from buffering it?

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Our worst MU is G&W and Snake. G&W is worse though.

As for our worst stage, i think besides our best stages we tend to do pretty even on all stages, besides our best (Brinstar, Delphino, Halberd).
PS2 is a pretty bad stage for us with the exception of the Air portion, if anyone has anything to comment go for it, lol. We can't change rollout on the ICE, and we shouldn't be on the ground charging smashes anyways so it doesn't benefit us. We're too slow for the escalator parts. The other parts are pretty neutral for us. The air part helps us juggle.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I agree with Mink for the most part. Jigglypuff doesn't really get affected by stage selection very much. The best thing to do if you're fighting Jigglypuff is to CP the best stage for your personal character, and hope that you can abuse the stage better than we can.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Yeah snake and gaw are deff our worse. Imo snake is worse then gaw.

I agree with mink as for the stages she does well on almost every stage. I hate castle siege 2 xD. I dunno It just doesn't feel right playing on that stage as jiggs

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Our worst MU is G&W and Snake. G&W is worse though.

As for our worst stage, i think besides our best stages we tend to do pretty even on all stages, besides our best (Brinstar, Delphino, Halberd).
PS2 is a pretty bad stage for us with the exception of the Air portion, if anyone has anything to comment go for it, lol. We can't change rollout on the ICE, and we shouldn't be on the ground charging smashes anyways so it doesn't benefit us. We're too slow for the escalator parts. The other parts are pretty neutral for us. The air part helps us juggle.
Wouldn't the tredmill part be to our advantage, most of the time characters will struggle staying on the stage due to the tredmills always pushing them off while we just stay in the air and not have to worry about it, in fact, we can help the tredmills but edgegaurding them at the same time.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My favorite picks with Puff are Norfair, Frigate, Delfino and Brinstar.

Overall Puff tends to like similar stages that MK likes.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
@ Jigglymaster.
I'm not as smart as you.

My favs are Delphino, PIRATE SHIP!!!!, Brinstar and frigate.

I do love Norfair, but when i'm ZSS.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Snake is a hard MU but I wouldn't say he's our worse. And I've never played a decent GnW so yeah..if anything my most hated MU is Metaknight. Though I think most puff mains would agree GnW is closest to being one of our worse.

And puff doesn't have bad stages per se as other people said. Just cp a stage your character can abuse better.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I HATE norfair dumb *** gaystage

I <3 delfino japes sv port town and picto

Imo snake is our worse, when I was in eu I played kaak's gaw and I had a hard time but not as hard as playing snakes I just hate snake with a passion cause he takes forever to kill and we don't even survive over 80%. no approach against him, you can't camp him...blablabla

T-block

B2B TST
I would say our hardest is Snake.

Worst stage is character dependent, unless you're counting stuff like Yoshi's Island: Melee, which is actually bad for Jiggs. I would say Final Destination is her "worst" stage... perhaps Yoshi's Island: Brawl...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Puffster and woody have falco experience.... I have like none xD

I played a few falcos though and I think it's pretty even also.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I have experience with falco(I main him) and I have also played the falco that trained me, using jigglypuff

I feel we have a very slight dissadvantage, the only reason being shdl>Bdacus......Because jiggs spends lots of time using air game it makes her suseptable to shdl, and if she gets caught in it it can lead to an easy kill from bdacus.

Otherwise falco dies around the same time we do, and we can Gimp him out of phantasm with nair for easy kills.....most falcos don't know the MU and that will make it seem even and sometimes advantageous, but for a falco who knows the MU and can Bdacus consistantly jiggs has a very VERY slight disadvantage.

This is my opinion of coarse....other jiggs can talk to you about it and correct anything that I said

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Puffster and woody have falco experience.... I have like none xD

I played a few falcos though and I think it's pretty even also.
Whoa

forgettin' about Mink here?!?!?!
Haha
i have tons of falco exp, and i think it's really even. I play against one of the best falco's in the state, and i actually just finished 3rd in a tournament by knocking out a falco, and going to game 5 with another. It's pretty even I'll upload the videos soon.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Jigglypuff boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
It's a hard match. I actually fought a rob in tourney last week.
Nair and Bair really bother us. Its also hard to footstool or dair you when you're coming back up because of your uair. Your Nair kills at decent percents, and hitting you while your recovering is easy for us.

Its without a doubt in your favor. Your projectiles out range us, Ducking helps a bit in this match. Once we get your Gyro we can do some fun stuff with it. But if you're not in our face til kill percents, you win.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The little amount I have played this MU tells me it's kinda a bit like the Wario MU except a lot easier.
Should you whiff a tilt, prepare to be combo'd by Puff. She will also chase you offstage well and if you try to counter us, we can retreat and comeback in no time.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Kinda.
Except Robs Ftilt beats us. Lol.
Laser is annoying, predictable, but it still htis. Sidestep + Dsmash is annoying as hell.

T-block

B2B TST
Friggin' f-tilt man. It's too good. F-air is also really good against Jigglypuff just because she has crap range. Hard for ROB to land a kill move imo, as long as Puff isn't stupid about jumping into n-air.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Guys.
Whats a quick way to get an infraction.
T-block. I need 1 point. Whats something one point?

I need to do it in the ZSS boards so i can get an infraction from riddle.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Guys.
Whats a quick way to get an infraction.
T-block. I need 1 point. Whats something one point?

I need to do it in the ZSS boards so i can get an infraction from riddle.
If you really must do this, at least do something minor.

1. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").

Examples of specific content that is disallowed and considered "spam" include:

"I'm new!" posts/threads (except in Smashboards Information Center) and "I'm leaving!" threads.
Thread titles with excessive characters/punctuation, including multiple exclamation points.
Threads that duplicate other, recent threads (within 6 months). Before posting a new thread, use the search function to see if a similar thread already exists.
Threads about individual members.
Threads about members' ages or genders.
Re-posting a post or thread that has recently been closed or deleted, or asking why a post or thread was closed or deleted. These questions should be directed to the room moderators via private message.
Re-posting a post/thread in multiple threads/forums may be considered spam if there isn't a specific need for doing so. Please consult a staff member before making a mass copied post or thread.
Posts such as "this thread is going to get closed" or "this thread is in the wrong room".
Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.
Posts that are meant to "bump" threads to the top of the thread listing, especially particularly old or particularly new threads.

Do not reply to spam. Instead, bring it to a moderator's attention by using the Report Post function.

Spam, Minor - 1 point, 7 days
Spam, Moderate - 2 points, 14 days
Spam, Major - 3 point, 21 days
Spam, Excessive - Permanent ban
Double Posting - 1 points, 7 days
Pick your poison
, not that I advocate or condone anything that may happen

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
It's a hard match. I actually fought a rob in tourney last week.
Nair and Bair really bother us. Its also hard to footstool or dair you when you're coming back up because of your uair. Your Nair kills at decent percents, and hitting you while your recovering is easy for us.

Its without a doubt in your favor. Your projectiles out range us, Ducking helps a bit in this match. Once we get your Gyro we can do some fun stuff with it. But if you're not in our face til kill percents, you win.
Thank you, really appreciated, it's something like 60:40 R.O.B.'s favour.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So I've been really liking Jiggly nair, it's a great mixup, is FF weak nair -> grab guaranteed at certain percents? I'm sure it works as a landing trap if you catch them before they fully land to abuse landing lag, but I'm not sure about if they're grounded and they get hit.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not guaranteed I think, it's actually very risky to do since if you fail you gonna get your *** kicked.

Top Bottom