• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff for Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
alright, having played King, for awhile I'll give my take on Jigglypuff. Feel free to disagree.

First of all. She is not top tier.

1. If you as a player have Better spacing skills than your Jigglypuff opponent 80 % of the time you will win if you don't make some bad choices with DI and laggy moves to rest.

This first point is important.. Why do you loose to puff? Because your spacing sucks or isn;t as good as the puff players. If you get hit its your own ****ing fault, jiggly has no projectiles and her move set is very predictable. Now I'm not saying I'm god vs Puff but I notice how people space vs Puff and you can tell they will loose because the jiggs player is flat out better at spacing. The same is true for ANY matchup/match. If your a weaker player in the spacing dept. You should loose anyway. So before you complain about puff, ask yourself this.
''Is this player better at spacing than I am?'' For Hbox and Mango 9/10x They are better at spacing than their opponents.

azen is a prime example of a player in which his superior spacing game makes match ups look impossible or winnable.

Hbox/mango are simply better at spvcing than most smash players. IF you don't believe me look at tournament results.

2.Jiggly Puffs approach game is horrible

If you have a lead on jigglypuff she must go after you. So many players do not exploit jigglys slow movement speed. Jiggly wins by capitalizing off mistakes and poor decisions.
If you approach Puff the chances of you making a mistake rise considerably. I'm not saying Never approach Jiggs, but players need to exploit jiggs weak approach game.

The game changes vs Jiggs. you must learn how to zone vs this character. This goes to my first point. FOOTSIES.

3. Being impatient. PLaying vs Jiggs is an endurance race not a waveshine to 80 to upsmash race. Yes your jab will kill jigglypuff at 999 % . Basically as long as you have better spacing one of your moves will kill eventually.

Jigglypuff
approach-2
Grab game-2
Combos-3
Punish game-5
Edgeguarding-5
Survivability-4

I think she is equal with Peach, maybe a little better than Falcon.

hey yo guys

stop hating

stop disrespecting hbox

hbox is crazy good and anyone who says otherwise can suck it. show him some love for being such an amazing player.

Stev

Smash Ace
hey yo guys

stop hating

stop disrespecting hbox

hbox is crazy good and anyone who says otherwise can suck it. show him some love for being such an amazing player.
No one's calling him a bad player. Everyone just hates the way he plays... cuz it's so gay. Can't blame him for playing that way, cuz it helps him win. But it IS gay and makes people not enjoy watching him play.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
her move set is very predictable.
Yikes... VERY predictable? Her superior aerial mobility sure pave the way for a lot of mindgames...

If you have a lead on jigglypuff she must go after you. So many players do not exploit jigglys slow movement speed. Jiggly wins by capitalizing off mistakes and poor decisions.
If you approach Puff the chances of you making a mistake rise considerably. I'm not saying Never approach Jiggs, but players need to exploit jiggs weak approach game.
You brought up a LOT of good points... but slow movement speed? I guess. If you want to call her movement speed slow, imo you'd have to agree that her agility (while in the air) is nothing short of godly when compared to the rest of the cast. Mango and Hbox spend a lot of time in the air... and yes, they do have excellent spacing.

I can't help but agree with the spacing comments you made. It's a different game when you're against puff and spacing is beyond important.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the sooner you stop calling his playstyle "gay" and accept it as a respectable tactic the sooner you'll get better and maybe eventually be able to counter it.
you don't get 1st place by being a walking combo video, this isn't 2004. no johns.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
^This is what i have been saying all the time!

Also, Hbox, if think ur pwetty good, and i really don't see why so many players think u have a gay play style... U do good combos =D

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
BobMoney *****. And Hbox isn't here to please your eyes, he's playing to win the cash.

For what it's worth... Hbox is my favorite player to watch vids of aside from M2K.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Really he isn't all about winning I mean if he played for brawl he would play brawl and other fighting games. I think he enjoys tourments, playing and etc. Just a crazy theory of mine. I play overly gay as ice climbers even if I rarly chain throw(really I don't really want to I can but I normally don't) I camp and spam my balls off.

The important thing is he is having fun.

edit I just caught a level 3 jigglypuff on pokemon yellow what should I name it?

otg

Smash Master
Wow, we have 3 threads that in the last 2 months have made me hate this community: NesN00bs thread, the PBnJ debacle and this. People need to grow the **** up and stop johning.

Major props to these two posts (and strongbad) for being the only rational people here. Quit johning, play the ****ing game.

1) Mango is one of, if not THE smartest player this game has ever had. His main character is based on subtle movement deceptions and luring the opponent into range even though Puff doesn't always have the range or movement advantage.

2) People drastically underrate HBox and insult his playstyle without bothering to realize how good he is, or that he's basically playing Puff like M2K played Marth. Then again, M2K got criticized for having a "gay" playstyle too and nobody cheers for him either. That leads me to believe people don't give two ****s about how GENUINELY good you are unless you're a walking combo video. Otherwise you're just "gay."

Maybe I'm biased because people did the same thing to me every time I won a tournament? Every time I did something people thought was "stupid," "gay," "unfair," "broken," etc., people told me my character didn't even belong in the game. You know what that sounds like? JOHNS. ICs, not even seventh best, and they're broken and stupid and unfair. Jigglypuff couldn't even touch the top spots of a tournament because of Fox, Marth, and Sheik. Now she's broken? In the hands of two players who are smarter and more precise than everybody else? Johns.

For starters, by insulting a character you do a disservice to the player--stop being so **** disrespectful. Second, you start johning about the character, you fail to see what it is that makes these two guys so good, and you're blinding yourself. Players who do that will NEVER reach the top.

Most situations in this game--when the players have equal tech skill, spacing, game knowledge--come down simply to prediction and making the right call. If one player is smarter than the other and makes good calls 9/10 times, it will look like the character is unbeatable, and will be indistinguishable from . But really? Mango can just see through everybody and HBox is trying to push the limits of Puff's safe play. So we had a Jiggs ditto in the finals. Our two best players are Jigglypuff mains, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT.
alright, having played King, for awhile I'll give my take on Jigglypuff. Feel free to disagree.

First of all. She is not top tier.

1. If you as a player have Better spacing skills than your Jigglypuff opponent 80 % of the time you will win if you don't make some bad choices with DI and laggy moves to rest.

This first point is important.. Why do you loose to puff? Because your spacing sucks or isn;t as good as the puff players. If you get hit its your own ****ing fault, jiggly has no projectiles and her move set is very predictable. Now I'm not saying I'm god vs Puff but I notice how people space vs Puff and you can tell they will loose because the jiggs player is flat out better at spacing. The same is true for ANY matchup/match. If your a weaker player in the spacing dept. You should loose anyway. So before you complain about puff, ask yourself this.
''Is this player better at spacing than I am?'' For Hbox and Mango 9/10x They are better at spacing than their opponents.

azen is a prime example of a player in which his superior spacing game makes match ups look impossible or winnable.

Hbox/mango are simply better at spvcing than most smash players. IF you don't believe me look at tournament results.

The game changes vs Jiggs. you must learn how to zone vs this character. This goes to my first point. FOOTSIES.

3. Being impatient. PLaying vs Jiggs is an endurance race not a waveshine to 80 to upsmash race. Yes your jab will kill jigglypuff at 999 % . Basically as long as you have better spacing one of your moves will kill eventually.

Jigglypuff
approach-2
Grab game-2
Combos-3
Punish game-5
Edgeguarding-5
Survivability-4

Also, HBox is a beast and you are all underrating him and have ******** logic. OF COURSE mango would go Jiggs in a GF set where $$ is on the line. That is the character he has dedicated the most time too and has the most experience with.

j00t

Smash Champion
Wow, we have 3 threads that in the last 2 months have made me hate this community: NesN00bs thread, the PBnJ debacle and this. People need to grow the **** up and stop johning.

Major props to these two posts (and strongbad) for being the only rational people here. Quit johning, play the ****ing game.

Also, HBox is a beast and you are all underrating him and have ******** logic. OF COURSE mango would go Jiggs in a GF set where $$ is on the line. That is the character he has dedicated the most time too and has the most experience with.
May I ask what was wrong with the NES n00b thread? We can discuss through PM if you want. I didn't see any bull**** in there from what I can recall.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hboxes post is ****ing depressing me. People needs to go eat a d!ck and stop hating because Hbox is getting that paper.

And I think Mango should apologies.

john!

Smash Hero
Sheik > Marth > Jiggz > Falco > Fox (imo) > Sheik

cycle this ****
Hah this is kind of true. Also Falco > Marth > Fox > Puff > Sheik > Falco maybe? But yours is better.

the sooner you stop calling his playstyle "gay" and accept it as a respectable tactic the sooner you'll get better and maybe eventually be able to counter it.
you don't get 1st place by being a walking combo video, this isn't 2004. no johns.
Holy **** I actually agree with Strong Bad...

ICG you should name your Pokemon Billiamsby, or maybe Wadsworth.

Stev

Smash Ace
Why people hate jiggs:

1) she has pretty much a 1 hit kill on you and you don't on her

2) you can't combo her and she can combo you. Comboing is what leads to huge momentum changes. The fact that she can change momentum easily and you can't annoys people.

3) playing against her is different from playing against the rest of the cast. You're required to play MUCH more campy if you have a projectile and MUCH more carefully because she'll punish you. Many people like the fast paced playstyle of melee and how for the most part, the game rewards pure aggression. Jiggs changes this entire dynamic. This is why so many people are NOT successful against jiggs and why so many people ***** about her.

People just need to accept this and deal with it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
DOn't know I was thinking crackpipe lol I rememeber in crystal the lady gave me a shiny igglypuff for free wtf didn't even breed anything.

now on topic.

to end the topic.

don't get is being used so you john? wtf would you john if you were fighting isai and say no fair I can't hit you.

Don't call someone gay if you chain throw, shinewave shine agaist a wall, camp with or without projectiles, or spam moves like fox's nair or something.

LEARN from it otherwise your dumb sorry but think if you can't think of ANY way to mix of or try something new and all you can think of doing is johning to make them quit ftw? In truth I kindoof enjoy being chain thrown in a really sick way pichu always smiles.

Also learn some self control really don't get mad, don't john(know what A john is. I will sometimes say i've won of lost depending on the case like the other day my brother was about to die and I side-Bed by mistake and died in my book I won because I got the last hit and he won by a small mistake that I never make. However I would say I lose in the same case but flipped.) Also self-control I feel hope of winning and focus also count

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
OF COURSE mango would go Jiggs in a GF set where $$ is on the line. That is the character he has dedicated the most time too and has the most experience with.
Don't you think it has something to do with who he was up against (as well as what character he was using)?

Answer: Of course it does.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Don't you think it has something to do with who he was up against (as well as what character he was using)?

Answer: Of course it does.
Pretty sure he would have went Puff whether it was Hbox, M2K, Kage, or anyone else.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Pretty sure he would have went Puff whether it was Hbox, M2K, Kage, or anyone else.
But he doesn't have to go puff to beat those guys necessarily.

And if we go back to that one tourney Mango beat Hbox with Fox: Best player in the game, Puff's worst matchup, best player in the world. I just don't see what that proves.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
idk I like watching good puffs. Hbox and Mango's style with Jiggs is not very entertaining but it's ridiculously smart and near perfect, and I enjoy seeing that.

Once Colbol starts going back to tourneys, you will see that Fox ***** Jiggs.

1000th post.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
u can predict im gonna **** u up but it dont help u not get ****ed up

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I totally read when that Falco was going to laser under the platform on the other side of the stage.

What do I do about it?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
whine that the falco player has a gay playstyle until he stops

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Nothing. Because Falco and Jiggs are the two best characters in the game and are easily in two separate tiers of their own.

And I'm not even kidding. It's bull****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i don't even understand why there isn't a rule against being bad at posting

JPOBS

Smash Hero
falco, fox, jiggs are the best chars in the game for sure in that order

jiggs is just the eaiser of the 3 to play imo.
marth is mad overrated. sheik still *****.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
YES! I now have a level 10 crack pipe, that's what I named my puff on pokemon yellow it learned pound. LOL she beat a bunch of lv 16 pokemon and the trainer said you got to be kidding.

But yeah this tread isn't going any where really I think people who think puff is broken or whatever(she should be higher but not much) Maybe they should play as her to learn or study puff and figure her out somehow

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Then play fox and **** em both up
Fox is my main and it's great :chuckle:

So many people in this topic fail at life. Quit life! And this game.

The fact that so few people understand what a tier list is absolutely laughable. So few of this community have competitive knowledge and background. They probably came when they first read Sirlin's bull**** and reference it to their friends whenever they can.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Jiggs is soooooo ****ing good
I believe she is reptilian.

YES! I now have a level 10 crack pipe, that's what I named my puff on pokemon yellow it learned pound. LOL she beat a bunch of lv 16 pokemon and the trainer said you got to be kidding.

But yeah this tread isn't going any where really I think people who think puff is broken or whatever(she should be higher but not much) Maybe they should play as her to learn or study puff and figure her out somehow
tl;dr

i don't even understand why there isn't a rule against being bad at posting
Mods would never rest.

whine that the falco player has a gay playstyle until he stops
I did. Then he ragequit the match because he got bored of me complaining. But since I made him quit, I won the friendly. So I totally kicked his ***.

Fox is my main and it's great :chuckle:

So many people in this topic fail at life. Quit life! And this game.

The fact that so few people understand what a tier list is absolutely laughable. So few of this community have competitive knowledge and background. They probably came when they first read Sirlin's bull**** and reference it to their friends whenever they can.
Admittedly she does fit the criteria for top tier based off the tournament results system they've been using for many years.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
So why doesn't the MBR clarify what the tier list their proposing is exactly trying to portray?

Because it certainly doesn't show a characters strength and likelihood of winning tournaments. Which is what traditionally it's meant to portray. Fox hasn't won a major tournament like ever (sure there are some, 0C3 was big but still) how is his spot warranted/has been warranted in the past?

The framework is all wrong and it's up to the MBR to help guide the community to avoid such useless topics like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom