• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
wait pcity, i thought you didn't go to tournies?

PS: also, CBK we need to friendly MK v Pikachus now that apparently you do exactly what i do

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I got bracket ***** at this I was so disappointed with myself I'm surprised I got 17th because of a stupid bye and I didn't get no friendlies in before my tourney matches didn't help either but I got recorded matches so that's good hopefully this all changes next week at UNK3.

I'm looking at you Thugz, you own me man.

PortCity

Smash Ace
wait pcity, i thought you didn't go to tournies?
That is kinda true kinda not. The only reason I don't go to tournies is because they are all usually held on Saturday. I don't play video games, work, or anything like that from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown. Joker held up doubles until sundown (sundown was at 5:10 and I showed up about 5:30 :) ) so I could play in it. Instead of going into religion everytime someone asks, I just tell people I don't go to tournies and call it a day :).

@Everyone: That is part of the reason I apologized to Fino. Greg and Reese were like "the most religious guy in here talking the most crap." I was kinda embarrassed when they said that, and realized I had gone way overboard. I'll try my best not misrepresent myself like that again :)

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

I gotta say, this has got to be my personal worst overall tourney experience in a long time. It has nothing to do with Joker or with how the tourney was run at all, the tourney was fine, just the personal day was bad. So I plan to be blunt and real in my shoutouts.

1: Cook - Played you in a couple of doubles friendlies, fun games. Good job splitting for first.

1: Fino - First, good job getting 1st. Time for the real part though. Please do not touch me. I do not feel comfortable with you rubbing my back. It makes me shiver. I do not enjoy it. Please do not insult me. When I get to a tourney with my feet frozen for the whole ride, I do not want to walk into the room and someone call me an "ATM." I don't care if our personal record is you always winning. It's not cool, and it doesn't make you like you. Please do not take food from me. I don't care if you think it's just one fry outta a bunch. I walked all the way from BK with my hands freezing to carry them. Don't do that. I don’t like to hate people. You’re not even that bad of guy, but you never seen to say pleasant things to me.

3: Nicole - Good job getting 3rd. It was nice seeing you again and stuff. I didn't really see any of your matches though, which is a shame.

4: Nappy - Good job getting 4th. You lost to Fino by doing what I told you Breezy shouldn't be doing with Falco: using side b from the ledge into the middle of stage. Sorry about being grumpy while we were watching Breezy's matches, but I don't think you realize how I was feeling, which I'll probably elaborate on right below you.

5: Breezy – Where to start.. I guess I’ll start off where I left with Nappy. I am both mad and happy. I’m glad you placed high, but I’m mad that I placed so low when you did place so high. It’s a personal thing where I feel I shouldn’t place lower than you, where I feel like I’m better than you. I don’t mean to be rude, I’m just getting my feelings out there. I don’t think there’s much more to say about that. It’s hard for me to be proud of you right now, even when you deserve it the most, cause I’m still kinda upset about this tourney. It all really comes down to that I’m so beside myself with my placing, which I’m going to put aside right now. You did good, you should be proud. I’ve been trying to get you really good for what for feels like for a long time now. I’ve had my doubts for awhile, but I’ve been hoping you’ve had what it takes. I think you’ve shown you have what it takes. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. You’ve done me proud. Just remember to never give up, even when you SD. You could’ve brought it back, it’s always possible. Whenever you do something like that, take advantage of the returning platform invincibility time and take the few seconds to take a deep breath. It will make it much easier. About doubles though, you don’t suck at doubles, don’t make me slap you. You gotta remember doubles is a team effort, never act like it’s only one person’s fault. If we lose, it’s as much my fault as it yours no matter what happens. One more thing though, I want you to start giving me advice in doubles too. I feel like I’m just giving commands and I don’t want that to be what it’s like. I want you to question what I say, respond to it in some way. I don’t know everything. If you could tell me things I could do in doubles too, it would help out a lot. I think that ends this shoutout.

5: YoshQ – Thanks for letting us use your car. Even if it was slightly unpleasant. Good job at 5th though.

7: TMACC – Sorry I didn’t friendly you. I wasn’t feeling up for anything after I crashed in singles. Fun melee set I guess though. I try with Kirby. He’s my everything lol.

7: Joker – Thanks for hosting the tourney. I wouldn’t mind coming to this again. It’s lots of fun. It’s just good to get outta MN sometimes.

9: Amanze – Stop taking my food all the time without asking. Sorry about telling you to bug off during my melee match. I just can’t concentrate well when I’m listening to someone giving me advice. It’s my own fault. After looking back though, if you want to give me advice, tell me what I can do instead of what I can’t do. You were telling me to stop shield grabbing. What you could’ve told me is that I should’ve waited for him to spotdodge and then grabbed him. Cause the times I wiffed a shield grab is when he spotdodged right away. Just something I noticed after my match. Good job with 9th though.

9: Moe – Obviously I’m a little mad after our set, but it’s nothing personal. Once I saw the time get to 40 sec, I could tell you were going for the time out. You just started to avoid me on top of the high platforms. It’s my own fault though. I had the lead then lost it, and you did a good job getting the lead back. I plan to give you another good set the next time we play. Keep up the good work.

9: Fource – I actually wasn’t annoyed with you at all this time. I don’t think I could’ve dealt with trash talk if you did it this time. Fun set in doubles. Keep doing good.

17: Gamegenie – Played you in melee. Sorry for the frustration. I know Kirby can be annoying to fight against, people tell me they hate Kirby all the time. Good games though.

17: Triple R – Try to shake this tourney off, it’s only one tourney. Keep your head up.

17: Soran – I guess it was nice meeting you. Didn’t really play you though lol.

17: Trent – Not going to lie, kinda salty. I got way too content after winning the first match. I should’ve been more patient the next two matches. You did a good job keeping me away, and I guess I got bored and aggressive. You deserve the win for keeping your strategy going, and I don’t deserve it because I didn’t keep my strategy going. I expect to win next time :p Keep up the good work.

25: Twink – Fun match. Sucks that you got knocked out so early.

Some more real talk to end my shoutouts. This tourney made me think about quitting smash again. Like I said before, I didn’t have a very good time. I let my placing get to me too much. I think I was legitimately mad at this tourney, and MN knows it’s never good when I get mad lol. Only one good thing comes from me getting mad, it adds fuel to my fire to get better. It reminds me I always have things to learn, and to take every player seriously. I hope to be back later and show everyone how I’ve improved from my efforts. Until then everyone.

Soran

Smash Ace
There's a difference between trolling and being annoying. Trolling would be like "Nappy you look like BPX" or "Tyser looks like Kain". It's okay, now that you've met your calling you can get better at it and be a pro troll like me some day.

Fixed.
Are you paying attention still, Soran?
O.O..... well if that is trolling my whole world has been flipped upside down.

Well, I'm... beastly at............ stuff.
that doesn't matter! HA!

napZzz

Smash Hero
isn't that the old shutdown building you turn off of hickman to get to joker's?
it looks the same...

"nappy you look like bpx" didn't know this was trolling... -.- sometime we'll have to do a serious set , loser has to cut their hair. this will fix all problems. although, i'm still too bad to put my mop on the line.
WE SHOULDVE TAKEN A PICTURE THIS TIME AROUND

loooll

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I love RRR, he busted out my favorite line in one of his shoutouts, 'Don't make me slap you'.

Cook is the ****!!!!!! I keep saying him and Fino are tied for the best Olimar in the MW! MO da bess, IA is cool, KS is ballin', MN is snazzy, MW:W too good.

THuGz

Smash Lord
That is kinda true kinda not. The only reason I don't go to tournies is because they are all usually held on Saturday. I don't play video games, work, or anything like that from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown. Joker held up doubles until sundown (sundown was at 5:10 and I showed up about 5:30 :) ) so I could play in it. Instead of going into religion everytime someone asks, I just tell people I don't go to tournies and call it a day :).

@Everyone: That is part of the reason I apologized to Fino. Greg and Reese were like "the most religious guy in here talking the most crap." I was kinda embarrassed when they said that, and realized I had gone way overboard. I'll try my best not misrepresent myself like that again :)
you should make it to NKv3! they don't start singles till 5, so probably won't actually start till a little after that =D

ironhand

Smash Rookie
i had a blast at my first tournament. i was confused why people kept calling me tyser though. i guess this guy looks like me so ill have to meet him someday.

anyways, i realized that im pretty free in brawl so i might actually try to get better and switch my main also. i dont like king dedede because it feels like he gets easily abused by things. im going to play rob and see how that works out. good games in brawl folks, namely cook and nappy.

melee was pretty free, not gonna lie. i didnt think id do so well on my first tournament and ive been out of practice for months. someone told me to start lcanceling later in the tourament so i did and it helped. shoutouts to myself for not using my main. any more free and it would have hurt. good games. ps. that teams money match was pryi funny. i give you guys props for being brave enough to do it tho. almost didnt wanna take the money.

overall, this experience was pretty enjoyable and i think that i might come up here more often if my mama and papa say its okay. thanks for the housing greg and thanks for hosting the tournament joker. my first tournament was a blast!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You could be pretty nerd with Rob man, just lab him out and you'll find something stupid to abuse with every move.

Going to make some small shoutouts as I see fit to do them.

TripleR- Real talk as a Kirby player, after seeing your performance at Brainshock I also expected you to be a top contender here. It was unfortunate your placing didn't reflect that but for sure don't let it get to you. Being patient and lame with Kirby is boring, but it has to happen. Hopefully we'll see MN at the next monthly.

Fource- I heard you say "NEBRASKA DA WORSE BRAWL STATE." You should MM Ironhand. :3

Trent- Apparently you quit, give me free pass to Naka con please.

Nappy- What is your avatar, and if it is what I think it is please stop.

Nicole/Cook- I liked your team name. Hope we'll keep seeing you two. <3

Soran- I still hate you... But we cool... I guess.

Joker- RPS Champion.

PortCity

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVeAzRFC-A

^

See this is the kind of stuff I grew up with. If I got out of line, it was an immediate beat down. I got beat down, taunted, and humbled all in one sitting and without hesitation. Any and all male family members could lay claim on a butt whooping if I ever got too familiar. Notice the trash talk by the Uncle...it should sound very familiar :-D

Favorite Quotes:

"All that's fake but this *** whooping ain't gone be fake."
"Put that on Facebook."
"Raise your hands and I will STOMP you!"
"Don't tell me...now put that on his wall!"

But real talk...most of the time getting spanked is good for kids. I'm glad I got spanked, made me a model citizen and a pretty good brawl player :)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVeAzRFC-A

^

See this is the kind of stuff I grew up with. If I got out of line, it was an immediate beat down. I got beat down, taunted, and humbled all in one sitting and without hesitation. Any and all male family members could lay claim on a butt whooping if I ever got too familiar. Notice the trash talk by the Uncle...it should sound very familiar :-D

Favorite Quotes:

"All that's fake but this *** whooping ain't gone be fake."
"Put that on Facebook."
"Raise your hands and I will STOMP you!"
"Don't tell me...now put that on his wall!"

But real talk...most of the time getting spanked is good for kids. I'm glad I got spanked, made me a model citizen and a pretty good brawl player :)
That was very similar with my folks but it was all on me cause I was the youngest and my brothers got into crap like that and have no intentions of going to college but they are okay now but my mom still want their black ***** out of the house.

That video was mad hilarious but that nephew deserve every bit of that *** whopping and that is one of many problems with African-American youth today and I understand where that uncle is coming cause I have similar problems with my little cousins and I get on their cases from time to time about it.

Edit: Spanking is good for kids prime example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVYZcEBJWmU

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Jayford: Thanks, I aim to please.

@Gamegenie: Hahahaha...I missed that episode obviously. That was hilarious.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Fource- I heard you say "NEBRASKA DA WORSE BRAWL STATE." You should MM Ironhand. :3
Sure.

Fino: Congrats on your magic run through losers. You had more comebacks at this tournament than I ever want to see again. I would comment on your attitude towards everyone else, but I'm kind of used and numb to it now. L. Thanks for teaming with me, I'm pretty surprised that we made it as far as we did but looking back, I think we could have done better. Thanks for teaming, ^__^

Port City: Great meeting you. Fun friendlies. Grats on doubles.

Joker: Fun tournament. I had a blast. It was nice talking to you when you found some free time from the running the tournament, even if there wasn't a whole lot of time for that. I'll definitely be to more monthlies. Hopefully we can team for at least one.

Nappy: I agree, I do think you should have won game 3, but at the same time, none of the kills were gimps. So, I guess the last kill was legitimate. I mean, I just got a good/lucky juggle on you and baited the air dodge with a dsmash. At the same time, it could have been different if I went Diddy game one. 'Cause it's very possible that I could have won that. We'll never know though. Great hanging out with you throughout the tournament. I felt like some clarity needed to be defined after how badly BA went.

Triple R: Of course, I think after all of the negativity developed during the last tournament, it was almost necessary for me to lighten up. Granted, none of my trolling is very serious, if people are taking it seriously, there's a problem. Glad you were able to have a better time.

Moe: I think you had a lot of tough luck at this tournament but it's no big deal. You'll bounce back. Nice to you again, as always.

Brezzy: Ganon is broken.

I'm really tired of typing right now. I'll leave shout-outs to MO, Yink and "everyone else" later tonight.

coughcoughvidscoughcough.

Cook

Smash Master
Cook is the ****!!!!!! I keep saying him and Fino are tied for the best Olimar in the MW! MO da bess, IA is cool, KS is ballin', MN is snazzy, MW:W too good.
I had probably the easiest bracket out of everyone, plus Breezy killed himself at like 0 our last match and Nicole can't play me in tournaments, so I didn't really do anything impressive.

anyways, i realized that im pretty free in brawl so i might actually try to get better and switch my main also. i dont like king dedede because it feels like he gets easily abused by things. im going to play rob and see how that works out. good games in brawl folks, namely cook and nappy.
I'm never sure if I should try to give you advice in Brawl because I'm never sure if you care enough to want to hear it, lol. BUT, if you are wanting to try to get better I'm not sure if you will like ROB much more than DDD because he is kind of abused like DDD, imo. I guess one good thing is that you seldom have to approach with ROB, but if you do, then he is way worse at it than DDD.

Maybe you should try Kirby? You seem to be pretty patient at using your jumps with DDD to wait for an opening, and Kirby is good at that, plus he also has a really good grab. And he doesn't get teh combos on him like DDD does. Just a thought.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska Crew: Great seeing you guys again. LOL...next time I decide to trash talk like that someone bring a camera...I guess I'm one of the few people who can offer commentary of their own match while playing it :)
I do this as well, especially in melee because I've noticed it messes JBM up when I talk to him during out matches :0

someone told me to start lcanceling later in the tourament so i did and it helped. shoutouts to myself for not using my main. any more free and it would have hurt. good games. ps. that teams money match was pryi funny. i give you guys props for being brave enough to do it tho. almost didnt wanna take the money.
Ironhand, GL finding someone better than D3 against Wolf :0 j/k I hope you don't find someone better :0 Melee comments made me LOL

1: Thugz - Time for the real part though. Please do not touch me. I do not feel comfortable with you rubbing my back. It makes me shiver. I do not enjoy it. Don't do that. I don’t like to hate people. You’re not even that bad of guy, but you never seen to say pleasant things to me.
Fixed

You could be pretty nerd with Rob man, just lab him out and you'll find something stupid to abuse with every move.

Joker- RPS Champion.
I think 4rce should MM Ironhand as well, and obviously he doesn't remember pools from Kahoka very well :0

Also, Joker doesn't have the RPS badge, I have it, and the Tag badge and Hide and Seek badge.

Nicole

Smash Champion
shout outs

Andrew - good job getting first, you won money yay! lets never team again.

Fino - good job in our matches, you stayed in a good mental state and were able to come back against me. you are right that i was pissed off (cause me and andrew did so ****ty in teams) when we were playing but its something that i need to get over and its no excuse. sometime we should play when i'm not pissed though, haha. i was being really predictable and you took advantage of it. sorry you were sick after, i was sick as well in a different way :/ thx for grabbing my wii

Nicole - stop choking/raging/being a stupid emotional female, and maybe you could win.

Nappy - we never got to play in bracket...

YoshQ - our matches were fun, like i said it seems like peach is kinda hard for luigi. always nice seeing you and hanging. LUIGI IS GAY!

Yink - good seeing you, sorry we didnt get to get more teams matches in

Joker/Seku - wow, you guys won teams, i was really impressed and kinda surprised cause i knew you got knocked into losers early. great job making a comeback. thanks for the great tourney joker, it was very well run

RRR - nice seeing you as always, dont let your placing get you down, it happens to the best of us. you are a great player, just play a little gayer (as much as i dont like to give that advice lol, you and i could both use a little more gayness in our lives)

T-friend - hope the weekend wasnt too boring for you

4rce - nice seeing you, good work in teams (apparently - i wasnt there to see it), sorry you had to play & lose to 2 olimars, i guess we're bracket pals cause i did the exact same thing...

Blank/Tyser/Greg/CBK/Trent/other Iowa people - Nice seeing you & hanging out with you

GGs

ironhand

Smash Rookie
im not serious cook but thanks for the advice. ive given brawl so many chances and im probably never gonna take it too seriously ever again. its always a fun thought but it probably isnt realistic esp considering the area that i hail from.

nicole, im mitch neuman, not tyser. its okay tho. a lot of people got me confused with that dude. ill have to find him on facebook and see if the rumors about us looking alike are true.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Pcity: GG's throughout the tourny ur diddy is fun to watch...^_^v.....aside that im pika main all the way i havent reached my goal and trying to become the best pika in midwest just b/c of work and i dont travel...i need to do that..=( but as for my MK its only used in teams depending on my partner...like if its diddy for example i will use pika b/c pikachu and a banana = death...O_O....yea but im no where close to becoming a MK main..lol

Joker: it was good for me to show up in time for doubles i knew u would wait for me...LOL but awesome tourny hope i can make it to a whole tourny one day..>_< oh SC2 this thursday right?

Tmacc: you were an awesome partner...^_^v we def. need to team again sometime next time will place i promise...^_^v

MO/NE/MN/KC: nice seeing you guys hope to see more of u guys in the future.

Tyser: we need body pillows and full size posters to hang on our ceilings...LOL KMF right?

Uli: next time will be fasian cuz its filling..lol OH and ur going to KMF with kudou and i right?

GD: Korean thursdays will have to be cut back since im deciding on going to cali again with kudo but SC2 is still go...so ur going to cali with us right?

Blank: its been awhile since i last saw u but fun times...^_^ when MvC comes out ill see u at jokers alot more right?

kudou: i saw u at work today...working is gay..-_- KMF will happen no matter what right?..lol

CBK we need to friendly MK v Pikachus now that apparently you do exactly what i do
sure im down dont really matter since im not really learning MK im not good with him.

CBK your Donkey Kong is godlike.
hes such a fun char...^_^v

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
1: Fino - First, good job getting 1st. Time for the real part though. Please do not touch me. I do not feel comfortable with you rubbing my back. It makes me shiver. I do not enjoy it. Please do not insult me. When I get to a tourney with my feet frozen for the whole ride, I do not want to walk into the room and someone call me an "ATM." I don't care if our personal record is you always winning. It's not cool, and it doesn't make you like you. Please do not take food from me. I don't care if you think it's just one fry outta a bunch. I walked all the way from BK with my hands freezing to carry them. Don't do that. I don’t like to hate people. You’re not even that bad of guy, but you never seen to say pleasant things to me.
Oh my god, this has to be the best thing that I have ever read on Smashboards. lmfao Triple R too good.

Sorry I didn't make it to this :( :( Miss you, Iowa!

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
The moral of the story for this tourney is don't [try to] be Fino's friend. He's a dick.

Soran

Smash Ace
the **** u talkin about, u main peach!! peach is so much gayer :(. it's fun playing you but so hard...
Yink was taking shots at me for being a Marth main all night -.-

Marth is the only real-man in Brawl.

--
so I was looking at the brackets just now (again) and noticed Nicole Vs. Cook and then Nicole Vs. Fino.
it must've been, ****! Olimar!.......****! Olimar!

unless Fino didn't go Olimar o.o... that would probably have sucked major ball z.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker, I think I left my cell phone at your house. Can you look for it please? It is probably on the couch or near one of the tables.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Fino - good job in our matches, you stayed in a good mental state and were able to come back against me. you are right that i was pissed off (cause me and andrew did so ****ty in teams) when we were playing but its something that i need to get over and its no excuse. sometime we should play when i'm not pissed though, haha. i was being really predictable and you took advantage of it. sorry you were sick after, i was sick as well in a different way :/ thx for grabbing my wii
I dunno if I was sick... I either pushed myself so hard, or was under a lot of stress/pressure while still performing as best as I could, that it happened. Idk, hahaha... either way, good to know I can push myself that far I guess @.@

Also, we do play when you're not pissed. You take all ma money, hahaha.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
1: Cook: you da bess, congrats on a job well done! I had a super fun weekend, thanks for letting me tag along, your family is super fun. learned way to many new card games, haha
1: Fino: we gonna wreck doubles this weekend, son
3: Nicole: I had a super fun weekend, thanks for letting me tag along :) fun chilling as always, and good stuff on third!
4: Nappy: Awesomly close games in bracket, I learned a ton about the snake MU in those 3 games. We shall play friendlies next time, nice chatting
5: Brezzy: Can't wait to MM your falco, nice talking!
5: YoshQ: whope the drive back went better than the drive to iowa : / awesome seeing you again, we will team someday soon!
7: TMACC: keep at it, home slice
7: Joker: You da bess, nice seeing you again. awesome job winning doubles!
9: Rob: you've improved so much dude, keep at it. GGs!
9: Amarze: ggs in doubles!
9: Moe: rough bracket : /
9: Fource: nice seeing you, as always, thanks for supporting me in my matches and helping me stay calm, I appreciate it :)
13: Mushroomring: LAWL that dthrow stage spike kill on BF, I hate sonic now..haha, ggs, you have a solid sonic
13: BPOW: you've improved a ton, keep at it, nice seeing you!
17: Gamegenie: ggs man, I know the falco Mu well, keep at it!
17: Triple R: fun Melee matches, your kirby wrecks hard. one day, we will play in brawl :)
17: Trent: <3 you crack me up, nice chilling as always. stay with the community :)
25: Ngamer3k: nice seeing you again!
25: Hills: ggs!

CBK: it was awesome teaming with you, you were an amazing partner, especially for being ou of practice. I hope when you get your car, you start playing more and go OoS more, because you were mad cool and I'd love to team again some time :) thanks for teaming!

Top Bottom