• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Double post and I don't give a FAQ

K so tourney talk.

Don't park next to a mailbox or my driveway now the reason is cause the neightboors complains if we park next to their mailbox so why piss him off when it can be avoided. As for my driveway it needs to be clear trough out the tourney because I'm not the only one that lives at my house and the other people need to be able to come and leave without having them ask to move some car. It may sound a little inconvenient but you have to realise that by not parking next to a mailbox or the driveway we can continue to have tourneys ^.^

Now as for the schedule sign ups are at noon and start at 1pm, singles first then doubles. There is a break in between Singles/Doubles however matches will still be called out you won't be DQ but is so that we can keep the tourney going since I will like to finish before 1am.

Need Wii/Brawl but I should be good in TV, Melee may need a set up. Also remember that this month will be the last time I host Melee since I'll be hosing MvC3 instead and if I where to have all 3 it will just stall the tourney for too long.

Soran

Smash Ace
my friend that is pro TVC wants to come.
But he won't be doing any tourney business. If he's coming he only has enough for gas .-.

Will there be side-games other than tournament? Such as SF, BB, TVC, Brawl friendlies?

He's cooler than me so.... >.>

PortCity

Smash Ace
There is a rumor floating around about me...something like "Port City's Diddy Kong has no style!" I think I'll address those rumors at the tournament :)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Oh, forgot to say.

The 13th Zodiac only applies to people born after 2009. So. Don't trip.

Also, I'm confirmed for this.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Kansas is coming. See you all there. FYI theres always friendlies, for whoever asked. Haha

Tomorrow should be fun.
-----------

He`s nothing to play with. Or joke around.
Don`t mess with Ness

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Ok well.. since this is looking way bigger than I thought- let me futilely plug other fighters. SRK will probably run SSF4 ($5, 360) - and another game that will be $1. Vampire Savior looks probable. If interested, bring sticks, pads, whatever you need.

Also, give the melee guys some love. This is the last Joker's for melee. I'm entering if I have enough money. Is it $5 or $1?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The **** is going on?

TvC is a bad game, but I'll play it I guess. When I heard SRK guys are coming I assumed Sam + Melty Blood, but if thats not happening I won't play anything at all.

I wanted to bring a setup for melty blood, but a big turnout gives me more reason to not take up even more space.

Soran if your friend is Scarlet Phoenix we're playing again.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
FYI theres always friendlies, for whoever asked. Haha
Well this is not always the case MLG doesn't allow them and I tend to use all the TVs for the tourney so there's rarely anytime for friendlies.

Ok well.. since this is looking way bigger than I thought- let me futilely plug other fighters. SRK will probably run SSF4 ($5, 360) - and another game that will be $1. Vampire Savior looks probable. If interested, bring sticks, pads, whatever you need.

Also, give the melee guys some love. This is the last Joker's for melee. I'm entering if I have enough money. Is it $5 or $1?
Just keep in mind that you are only going to be using 1 set up and if this turns out big then you may be sharing Melee set ups which is like 2 so 1 Melee and 1 for SRK

Also I'm going to ask people to ALWAYS play your Brawl match first assuming you enter other games like Melee, SSF4, BB, or anything of the sort. The main reason is cause we all know Brawlolz takes way longer to play then any other game taking place here so please always check first if you have a Brawl match before playing anything else >.0

Don't park next to a mailbox or my driveway now the reason is cause the neightboors complains if we park next to their mailbox so why piss him off when it can be avoided. As for my driveway it needs to be clear trough out the tourney because I'm not the only one that lives at my house and the other people need to be able to come and leave without having them ask to move some car. It may sound a little inconvenient but you have to realise that by not parking next to a mailbox or the driveway we can continue to have tourneys ^.^

Now as for the schedule sign ups are at noon and start at 1pm, singles first then doubles. There is a break in between Singles/Doubles however matches will still be called out you won't be DQ but is so that we can keep the tourney going since I will like to finish before 1am.

Need Wii/Brawl but I should be good in TV, Melee may need a set up. Also remember that this month will be the last time I host Melee since I'll be hosing MvC3 instead and if I where to have all 3 it will just stall the tourney for too long.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
so does that mean ill make it for doubles...O_O im excited...lol hold my matches PLZ!!! id really appreciate it jokers...>_< so its looks like im teaming with Tmacc my 2nd time teaming with an OoS..lol

Uli

Smash Champion
melee will be 5 bucks. if its 1 then everyone will be like "OMG I WANNA PLAY MELEE" but play brawl forever and hold up shit.

someone bring 3s and sticks :3
hypee
etc

Triple R

Smash Lord
So MN is just finally leaving.... We will probably be a little late though. Just thought I'd post to let you know. Keep you guys updated.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Team Cornell all came down with a strain of the flu and isn't going to make it today. Hopefully I'll see some of you at Kuares' tourney in like 2 weeks.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Can someone let me know when vids get posted.

www.facebook.com/4rce004

Or find me on AIM or Skype.

Feel free to add me on facebook, just include your gamer tag or something, I guess.

Good tournament guys. I needed a weekend to relax a little. I had a lot of fun even though I think I could have done better.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Here is a quote from Fino about me...1 year ago...before he played me in tourney last night...let's see what all was true...

1. That was kinda my point... I mean... I would certainly know you if you won anything... or even placed remotely high at any noteworthy tournament
2. Not, I'm just stating facts
3. Umm... mainly because bananas are only 1 move of diddys... where if I don't have pikmin... that takes out 2/3rd of my moveset. You're a pretty smart kid
4. I played a diddy who "specialized off stage" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnMtUoM1oM didn't go so well for him... note that nynja is a lot more experienced than blank (better tournament results and overall better player), and how the vid is more recent.
5. *Looks at date* you're a funny kid. Also, I had no diddy exp until maybe around sept/oct last year... so I had no clue how to play the MU (ask anyone in kansas, colorado, or new mexico if you don't believe me ;D ). Oh sorry, I forgot... when you watch a vid of someone playing almost year ago... that means they play EXACTLY the same how the did, DIDN'T learn anything new, and NEVER got any better since then. My mistake *bows down*
6. I specialize in teams to. Iowa was the first tournament MJ and I actually played teams seriously together in, and we took third. We've actually practiced more than once now, so we expect to take 1st instead of 3rd (like at the last tournament joker held). I've also taken 1st place at every tournament I've played since then (both singles and teams ;D) so "calm all of that down" (whatever the heck that means) and enjoy the savory taste of my dick in your mouth when you actually learn to get good at this game MUCHO HOMO!!! =D

Back to what I wanted to reply to this for. MM? With all this talk I was hopin somewhere around $30, I can only hope you want to put out more, but you prolly going to pussy out and say "I can't do more than $5 cause of religion" or something dull like that. It's free money for you, I mean... I lost to the diddy who was emulating you amirite?

~Fino

EDIT - Note: last time I played blank in tournament I 2-stock 2-0'd him.
I like Fino's #6 the best :-D

I'm going to post my shout outs later today...but for the record. Fino you brought that trash talk and tournament beat down on yourself. :-P You started off the day by saying "What's up Port City". I was like "oh snap Fino got some sense now, amen. He's cool." But once you finished playing your match and put your arm around me and said "What's up my *****?"...it was all down hill from there. I'm not to type to start a scene over some dumb stuff, so I just said "I don't know you like that" and walked off. But rest assure all that trash talk and that beat down was to completely embarrass you as a result of the foolishness you pulled...I mean come on, who gets spiked by diddy kong AS METAKNIGHT at 23% and lost the tourney cause they weren't confident enough to play their main? More to come later :-P

MJG

Smash Hero
We have a couple of people in KS that says you are free?

We will accept any and all MMs from you because we count you as a bye ;). You come off as condescending talking to people like that when its not even needed.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Ensis: You support a white guy calling a black guy n!gg@? Especially one who has a history of being out of line? I know the Kansas brawl community doesn't support that. That is the only reason the madness got started... Unless you are talking about 4rce. He insulted me to, but I didn't even get into that. Cause he recieved less of the trash talk. Isn't this MJG? If so...please tell me when and where Fino got his "hood pass" to call black folks that. If he has one, I'll type up a formal apology. Seriously, no lie. As a sign of good faith I edited out the stuff about 4rce. Even though he started the drama first by talking about me. I don't start this stuff, other people do. I'm just minding my own business.

MJG

Smash Hero
Fino needs to stop saying that (especially to people he doesn't know). I agree. I wasn't even talking about that. I was talking about 4rce. Where do you get the idea that you have the right to talk trash on someone when you can't even back it up with your own results? 4rce probably does loses to joker because of the diddy practice you give him but that doesn't mean you are better than him LOL.

Also, why are you acting hard on the boards? You should have confronted them in person. I GUARANTEE THAT YOU DOING THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN 10X MORE EFFECTIVE. Sooner or later, everyone gets trash talked. Get over it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Ensis: Well for the record. I agree I was rather harsh on him (hence why I edited it out), but he started it. At some other tournament, Iowa people were being friendly to him (4rce) and mentioned my name and he started trash talking me. I was actually cool, with that, we all laughed at it, cause it was asinine. Last night when he showed up, and finally met me. We had a general conversation and that was cool, but then when Joker and I got sent into the loser's bracket, he would come up to me offering me unsolicited advice. Coming up to me talking about "will I see you in Grand Finals?" He did not come off as genuine. He came off like, "you are supposed to be good, where you at?!?" So when Joker and I fought Fino and 4rce in grand finals. 4rce was being sportsman before the matches, so I was starting to reconsider, but after Joker and I won both sets. I confronted him, "Are you the one that said my diddy has "no style"?' He responded, "Yes, and I still believe so." I promptly told him that when he beats me, he will have the right to say that. He didn't say that, with any explanation or in a kind tone. He said it as if "hey, i still don't respect you". That is why I said what i said. And I do have "results" to back my claim up. I have the fact that Joker and I won the first set in 5, and won the second set 3 - 0. And one of those matches ended with a 1 stock medium percent 1 vs 1. 4rce vs Me. I won. So there are results to back up that claim. I did confront him in person. I'm not acting hard, I'm far from it, but these people start mess with me. I can take trash talk, just as well as I can give it. As long as it is friendly. All be it I wasn't too friendly with the trash talk to Fino, but that was for a reason and I bearly trashed talked 4rce. But, if 4rce tells me I got all of what he said and did twisted. I WILL apologize. Plain and simple.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
...I was really happy about this tournament because I virtually did no trolling. When I told you that you had no style after Grands, I didn't say it mockingly. I mean, I think you and I can both agree that I had a huge smile on my face when I said it. I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't calling you out. Just to be clear, all I'm doing here is clearing the air. I honestly thought I left Joker's without any bad blood, between anyone. :\

When I say your Diddy has no style, all I was referring to was that it seems like everything you did in videos was textbook. The thing was, everyone kept comparing you to Nynja, a Diddy with more movement and definition than any other Diddy in the nation. Considering he's probably my best friend, and I know his Diddy's movements so well, it's just not possible for me to say anything less than that.

Also, every time we had a 1v1 in Grands, I was at a deficit. I'm very aware of percentages when it comes down to the 1v1. Game 1 of Grands, I was a little over 100, you had two stocks and Joker had one. I took one of each leaving you at roughly 0 percent when it was the 1v1. I think the only other time it came down to a "ditto" was at the end of Picto, but even then you and Joker had 3 stocks and I was reaching kill percentage. I'm not trying to say that I'm better than you at the ditto, I'm just defending myself because you're making it seem like you're leagues ahead of me (by saying that the matches were so close), which in all honesty, I don't think you are. If at all.

Additionally, when I came up to you after you were in Loser's, my exact words were, "I hope to see you in Grands, dude." The Diddy Back Room has a thing where all of the Diddy's are, well, friends. A lot of the time I'm OoS, I'll support players I don't know, simply because they play Diddy. I mean, at Genesis or any other national tournament, the DBR usually tries to set up a Diddy round table where all the Diddy mains get together and just talk and chill for a few minutes before or inbetween bracket. I honestly didn't think I came off as not being "genuine" or anything.

As a whole, I'm actually kind of insulted that my name came up in this at all. I feel like there was no reason for it to since I never had any bad intentions at this tournament.

Port City is not the best Diddy in the Midwest.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@4rce04: First and foremost I'll apologize. I read you wrong. You are right, in the diddy back room almost everyone are friends, that is true. I read the social thread sometimes, and yeah, most if not all diddy's stick together. I initially got that from you, but as the night progressed I sensed something that was not there. So I'm going to formally apologize. I'm sorry. As a matter of fact...next time you show up or I show up at your spot, lunch is on me :).

As far as the comparison between your friend and I. I have actually spoken to him, and we have both acknowledged some things about each other's style, especially the similarity of our off stage technique. It isn't just him, but other people in this thread have seen videos and said the same thing. So no one is dissing RN, but in the past there have been similarities between us two. Again, no bad intentions.

Now as far as me being better than you :-D ... I don't believe I'm "light years", but in my humble opinion there is a difference and it is noticeable (at least in teams). No disrespect to you at all. I spoke to people who have played you: Joker, Chloe, CBK, Brandon, etc. They are all people who have played me and have all said that they have a much easier time against you. Chloe said that last night her Ness beat your diddy and she has a difficult time with me. Joker, he has consistently beaten your diddy, but he has a difficult time with me. I may be wrong about the percents for our 1 v 1, when we upload the matches then we will see.

@MJG: You were right, apparently 4rce didn't mean the stuff, so I'm glad I edited my post. Tell Fino, I have nothing against him. We are all grown ups. He just shouldn't disrespect people like that, no matter who they are. He is a great player with more tournament wins than I will ever have, it is just inappropriate for him to do that stuff. Tell him, that when he trashed talked me back, he kinda fueled the fire and I went overboard. and MJG we both know I'm not "free" at least not in teams :-D . Hope all is cool between everyone now.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Wow Fino. How completely inappropriate of you to say something like that. Honestly, saying that to someone you don't know is completely f*cked up. I'm glad Pcity put a whooping on you.

BPx

Smash Lord
Good games yesterday everyone. Wanted to get a few more friendlies in or something, there was housing and tomorrow is MLK day, which most schools have off... pansies...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Mehh. I think it was all just a big misunderstanding. It's all good.

I'll say you're better than me in singles. I mean, I just don't like singles. I definitely think I'm better than you in doubles. I'm gonna hold to that one hard. I mean, even though we lost yesterday, that was my first time teaming with Fino. Ever. I mean, we've teamed in one friendly, and that was night before Oh Snap v4 (August 2009?). The fact that we made a straight run to Grand Finals was amazing in it of itself.

I don't think there would have been that great of a chance of you winning if I teamed with my static parter or MJG or anyone else I'm more comfortable with. Regardless, this is all just opinion. :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont feel like I should've lost to you 4rce <_< but it was good to talk to you on good terms this time around, I look forward to seeing you at future tournies

I'll get you eventually fino.................

everyone got the hard **** on my reads tho :p noone was safe in their spot dodges/rolls....MWAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: this was my 5,000th post....how lame

Dnyce

Smash Master
I had fun puking after playing nicole in losers finals.... I hope I didn't miss part of the mess joker - tried to clean everything up. I sincerely apologized if I missed something.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol trash talk, sounds like I missed all the fun once Nebraska left. btw I'm coming for blood at UNK3, no melee this week so I won't be running off stage and...uh...stuck off stage like a moron this time!

GG's all especially Twink/Trent/Nicole/Tmac

Off to go play some melee! Wait...

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Good games everyone. Was a good way to spend a Saturday.

What a night.

PCity, Fino, Joker, 4rce, Mook, & Nicole were on point today. Good job.

Really enjoyed playing BPOW, MegaRobMan, Aurasturm, Silvr, CBK, Mexi, Yink, & Twink. I got really good practice with all of you. So looking forward to next time.

As for vids, I have plenty. Ive been busy recently. As soon as get some time, they`ll be up.

Soran

Smash Ace
Trash talk is trash... talk ; P

curse my ego >.<
I got cocky REAL big in my set against.. EMNZ(spellcheck?)
Why did I go FD against Pit? *sigh* then my second match- I was just stupid.

My results are depressing :c

anyway, next time I'll bring it out harder.
I'm sorry to Twink for not brawling him xD
I realized after I got done with Gamegenie I just forgot Twink wanted some matches.

Top Bottom