• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'll probably be up for that. What time on thursday? I get done with class at 2ish. But I won't get home till 230 or so. And I'd like to go work out if I have time.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Here are the videos from the Grand Finals. We don't have Game 3 recorded. We lost Game 2 and counterpicked Japes for Game 3. Fino went MK and we lost. I don't remember by how much so let's just assume it was a beat down. I'm having a little fun here, so no one take offense :). The video's include my commentary in the description. Again no one take offense, it is just my take on the matches, plus me having a little bit of fun. Good Games 4rce and Fino. And 4rce you were right, I got you mixed up with Amanze. I had a long 1 vs 1 against him that started at low percent. I didn't have one against you, so my bad. I'm getting old :-(

Grand Finals:

Set 1

[Game 1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMfGz8EJIFY
[Game 2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmZySFA0Ts
[Game 3] Lost in time.

[Interlude: Watch this before you watch the rest of the matches to set the mood :) ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkebWDTvqj8#t=10m1s

[Game 4] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOUmsBMQ9s
[Game 5] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhZ2Ast4BA

Set 2

[Game 1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd-LlFk7ed0
[Game 2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIUKnIybRY
[Game 3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jgYle6Adw

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: Yeah probably thursday. I think I left my cell phone :-\

@YoshQ: I have only like 2 or 3 of our matches in Loser Finals...do you want me to upload what I have? We had that whole too many inputs" problem on a few of our matches.

yoshq

Smash Master

@YoshQ: I have only like 2 or 3 of our matches in Loser Finals...do you want me to upload what I have? We had that whole too many inputs" problem on a few of our matches.
Yeah you should upload what you have.

BOLT08

Smash Lord

I have a meeting at 2 with my adviser I forgot about. Tomorrow I'm gonna spend extra time on campus to get stuff out of class done. So just post here when you want to leave on thursday.

Cook

Smash Master
^For some reason I thought this was yoshq posting. Then I saw the sig and was like "...why does yoshq hate Tyser?"

GOOD STORY RIGHT?

Soran

Smash Ace
has anybody played Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Fighting Edition on the SNES?

yeah- best game, right? somebooody should make the character select theme the Brawl menu theme. Since I never will, I might as well pass on this ingenius idea.

and that song, Joker- I was standing up when I clicked it... after about 20 sec I had to sit down to watch it...

O.O....*drooling*

2ne1 still better >.<

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Pcity: Sorry mang but yeah I found your phone (at&t LG) it was under the couch ^.^

Also for some random reason this song came up on my head and I been listening to it pretty much all day >.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUrnMCLXAc

You'd think with a good number of people in this thread who admire K-pop in this thread, pretty much everyone would have heard it by now?

I'm sorry, I don't have a point it seems.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Uli

Can you post the full results for melee, or just top 8 as well as the amount of entrants and characters that were used by top3/8. I'm trying to update the blog properly. I'm sure Jay cares. He's my only consistent reader. :)

ironhand

Smash Rookie
Melee Entrants: 18 or 19
1: Ironhand (Random) [Sheik/Falcon/Fox/Falco/Bowser/Mario/Doc/Peach/Ness]
1: JBM (Falco/Marth)
1: Mexi (Falco)
4: Majoras (Samus)
5: Moe (Falco)
5: Triple R (Kirby)
7: Amanze (Samus)
7: Uli (Falcon)

ironhand

Smash Rookie
nobody mains luigi or is good enough to have a name for him in the midwest. only luigis who have established themselves is pacman and kamaster who are from the coasts. i know drephen has a luigi but i havent heard anything from that dude in ages.

ironhand

Smash Rookie
ill do shoutouts:
ngamer: thanks for being the very first person i ran into at the tournament and loling at my getup.
blank: im your twin. xenogears is a crazy game. you are a cool kid.
cbk: dream high looks legit but i dunno if ill get into it. and yes, we need hara body pillows.
kudou: insanity is too hard so i quit. im just gonna run from now on lol. good seeing you.
greg: thanks for housing dawg. way to represent the dirdy d and the dmi.
schism: its been too long man. dont let that happen ever again.
joker: the comeback was pretty successful. no more melee makes me sad but ill still come over to chill.
sekou: you are the shyt man. we need you at every single tournament. probably the most entertaining trash talk ive ever actually heard in person. gratz on winning teams with joker. proving that dominance!
yink: good to see you around as usual. hopefully NE doesnt disappoint and makes it to brainshock.
cook: youre too good. olimar is gdlk. it felt like you werent sandbagging me so i appreciate that.
nicole: we didnt talk as much as normal but it was good seeing you. your peach is too sick.
matt vang: you impressed me even tho you lost to folk. gave them a run for their money which is gud. my late entry made it so we had to play in melee first round lol. gay as hell. anyways, have fun in iowa city ninj.
tripler: we didnt get to play except for that money match but your kirby was lookin pretty amazing vs everyone else. i was impressed that kirby could be played like that. hope to see you around more.
amanze: same as tripler. we only played in the mm. sayin NE is scared was funny as hell but it was prob just for hype so its cool. we should get some friendlies in next time.
moe: you keep improving man. i was very impressed by your falco considering youre a brawl main lol. you make real smart choices and you gave me some trouble at the beginning of our set. keep it up dude.
soran: saw you but didnt say nothing since i had nothing to say. im always way too nice in person. you seemed pretty quiet as normal but i guess you dont know anyone so its understandable. hope you had a good time.
bpow: didnt get to watch you play but i heard you were going even with rly gud players. gud shyt.
breezy: even tho u were free in melee, you beasted brawl so gud shyt on that. makin a bad car look friggin OP is amazing no matter what game. good games bro.
nappy: you know, i used to hate you for unknown reasons but youre an okay dude. good games even tho i was mad free.
wang: mitch neuman man. im mitch friggin neuman! not this tyser person!
nebraska: you guys suck. dont even compete in smash. you got no future. /hatred
anyone i missed: sry, i dont know you or im an ass and forgot you.

Uli

Smash Champion
Official Melee Results:

1: IronHand
1: JBM
1: Mexi
4: Majoras
5: Moe
5: Triple R
7: ULi
7: Amanze
9: Joker
9: Nappy
9: Tmacc
9: Rob
13: Breezy
13: MushroomRing
13: GameGenie
13: Nicole
17: Zeal
17: Fino
17: Ngamer
17: Mook
17: Twink

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
has anybody played Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Fighting Edition on the SNES?

yeah- best game, right? somebooody should make the character select theme the Brawl menu theme. Since I never will, I might as well pass on this ingenius idea.
The one for the game gear was the best version of any MMPR game period, seriously, it was one of the best fighting games of the generation, let alone hand held.

blank: im your twin. xenogears is a crazy game. you are a cool kid.
OMG YOU ARE PLAYING XENOGEARS WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ^32423423

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Do you know when the next monthly will be? If you could avoid the 21st, that'd be cool.

BPx

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity... who would be interested in going to No Koast this weekend... It would be Friday-Sunday thing I think... If I could fill the car I'd consider going. So far it would be Joker, Colin, and I... or Rob/Thugz, could we drive to Omaha and ride with you? I'd do that 100%.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
When do you want to leave tomorrow Se'kou? I have stuff to do on campus after 2, cause agronomy 154 is the most garbage designed course at this university. After I'm done with that absolute nonsense I'll be headed home.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Oh **** yeah, BPx could you take Gamgenie? That would solve both of your guys' problems. He could help fill your car and I don't have a big black man taking up space in my car

Top Bottom