• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

B!squick

Smash Master
@<3; Just one thing, Bowser has an infinite standing regrab on Ivysaur unless Ivy jump releases. Other than that, you seem to know what you're doing.

Also, you have both jumps when you fall in the water on Japes? O.o I always thought you just had the one... well, I feel stupid for not knowing that after all this time.

@bombchu (apparently); Play more defensively. The DTilt OoS early in the first vid should have been a Fortress. And G&W is one of the few characters that can't really force Bowser to approach and as well has a great defensive game which makes it IMPERATIVE you play defensive against him.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Limit, you post them here. :p

And added <3. Not sure how you survived the last stock on that first vid. XD Loved the win on Jungle Japes haha. Why so much Klaw on the other maps though? You kept getting punished for it too.

~Kyte

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQdkTwxVrbc

the SDs were lame, i know XD, and the bowsercide to me losing was cuz' i was tellin him i was gunna get it when i played him all day =D

but yeah, that was vs Praxis so thats why i got ***** so hard, if anyone knows who that is. >.>

just thought it would do me some good to get critique vs a real pro

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
@~kyte
More up+b oos. I'm not entirely sure how useful it is against peach since I haven't played a pro peach but I'd try that out next time you play him. Better use of klaw hop. It's nice to klawhop around when he's not approaching (i do this a lot too) but be careful he might just be waiting for an opening. It's a decent approach but you still have to space it.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
lol sorry for the late reply crzy

i have some more vids too :D

vs bowser [i used to do alot of bowser dittos lol]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1tCRwKTGjM&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaLQdXommZo&feature=channel

vs link [lol]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uggOzZ7DyQ&feature=channel

vs marth [i was a bit smash and grab happy in this one, i really dont know how to handle a marth too well besides using ftilt more than usual]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPMooVKj9w&feature=channel

i have a few replays of me against a good wolf. it was my first time playing an actually good one, and i lost them all, but ill upload them later.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Some recent videos of me. Don't know if these are "official video thread" worthy, but i believe i did very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuTDkvcBs5w vs Meta Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7nJGDI89M vs Toon Link

Texture hacks were used in the matches, but no gameplay altering codes, so yea. Both links contain 2 matches put into one video. They were from a small ranking fest in my region, where i placed 3rd.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Jump canceled fortress out of shield. It absolutely destroys MK's tornado on the ground.

Oh wait, it seems like you know this, nevermind then. Could've used it in the beginning of the MK video.

Good use of the chaingrab in the second part of the video. Beating MK on Rainbow Cruise must feel really satisfying :)

Tomorrow I'll comment on the second one.

Wait, you placed 3rd? Awesome!

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Jump canceled fortress out of shield. It absolutely destroys MK's tornado on the ground.

Oh wait, it seems like you know this, nevermind then. Could've used it in the beginning of the MK video.
Yea i wasn't thinking straight most of the first match. Re-watching it, I believe i could have played far better and made too many sloppy mistakes. I relied too heavily on grabs at the beginning. I got a bit better towards the end though, i was surprised my down angled Ftilt hit straight through the tornado around 2:22, i thought it'd just eat me up.

Good use of the chaingrab in the second part of the video. Beating MK on Rainbow Cruise must feel really satisfying
The chain grab is far more useful then i feel people give it credit for :). He counterpicked me on RC second round as i forgot to ban it >_>. Was lucky i won though, i was especially pleased with my two Uair kills.

Tomorrow I'll comment on the second one.

Wait, you placed 3rd? Awesome!
Go easy on the Toon Link. He is very very good. The best in this region i'm certain. I just think he suffered from a lot of character shock. That said though, i really don't think Bowser is at an overall disadvantage against Toon Link, at least not a big dis, but that's for another day.

Thanks for the congrats, it was a good fest. After beating Trio3's TL everyone believed i had a shot at 1st spot... but then i got counterpicked with Dedede, and my chances of success were firmly halted. It was the first time i realized i had no way to defeat D3 as my secondaries have an equally horrible time against him. I'm trying to develop an "Anti-D3" Falco as it is my only hope of success.

B!squick

Smash Master
Just play Wario, he's way more fun.

EDIT: Lol, just now watched the vids. Don't judge me. And I must say that as far as my Bowser heros go, you rank right up there with MrEh. Jab cancels to everything, Fortress OoS like it was going out of style, Grab releases for the epic win, beating MK on his R. Cruise CP; the awesomeness contained in those matches was to such a degree it rivaled bacon!

Kirk

Smash Champion

Flayl

Smash Hero
Just watched the 2nd video, yeah Ixis you're the posterboy for Bowser jab cancelling lol.

I can see what you mean about the TL's character shock, he got too close too often. You did a really good job anyway.

3:34 I didn't even know that was possible O_O

4:12 Rising FAir into DSmash cross-up, sweet.

Awesome grab release finish.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
some more recent vids of me, probably not official video material though:

vs ROB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2Kap6poA0&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PabzPcrxx6Q&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8PFannCgtg&feature=channel_page

vs PT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDzb7fLw10Y&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO5W3A_QbHw&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U_-sI4mpkc&feature=channel_page

about the pt...uh im assuming he didn't know about what bowser does to ivysaur [i have no clue why he switched out squirtle in the 2nd and 3rd match, im thinking its because i killed his squirtle with a grab release lol]. i did tell him that ivysaur gets destroyed by bowser's grabs afterwards.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Just watched the 2nd video, yeah Ixis you're the posterboy for Bowser jab cancelling lol.

I can see what you mean about the TL's character shock, he got too close too often. You did a really good job anyway.

3:34 I didn't even know that was possible O_O

4:12 Rising FAir into DSmash cross-up, sweet.

Awesome grab release finish.
Jab followups are definitely one of my highlights, i hate bowsers second jab, it just doesn't seem worth it, especially since you can do so much after the first.

I also had no idea the Uair could hit through the Dair at 3:34, i assumed he would grab a bomb so i just charged in to punish.

Any chance of either video being put on the front page? lol

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
Hi Kirk, nice bowser! Just a couple of minor things:
-more up+b oos
-less bowser sitting from off screen
-less dsmash (they can sdi out of it easily)
-inconsistent fsmashes. The kill on ps1 first stock was really good.
-best use of bairs on stage. Definitely, an ike player lol Normally I hate it when bowser's bair onstage but you made it work well.
-I really liked your uair usage. I can never seem to land it on good opponents >.<

I'm leaving for California on saturday but I should have tried to get a friendly with you since I'm home (Oak Park, IL). Oh well : / Are you coming to genesis?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Well here's one more match of my Bowser from the east midlands rankings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvCLZdIgqUI&feature=channel vs Game & Watch. As i said in the comments of the video, this was the first time i actually faced a G&W so i didn't quite know what i was doing and stuck to CG's and jab cancels :/

Probably not good enough to go on the front page but i thought i'd post it anyway

B!squick

Smash Master
I like how the G&W player Jabbed you to 75%... and still lost. Though his plan of as few BAirs as possible wasn't really doing him any favors either, lol. Good stuff, man.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I like how the G&W player Jabbed you to 75%... and still lost. Though his plan of as few BAirs as possible wasn't really doing him any favors either, lol. Good stuff, man.
Thanks. I don't think the G&W player was that great to be honest, so i'm not too proud about that win. Not as proud as my win against MK and TL anyway, i felt i did very well with those wins.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you might be the next big bowser player to come along really solid I was impressed

you should come over to the states for a big tourney lol

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
you might be the next big bowser player to come along really solid I was impressed

you should come over to the states for a big tourney lol
Wow, thanks for the support. Actually, i'm making an appearance at a big european tourney in August. Super Lion 4, held in France, you may have heard it. It's gonna be pretty huge, but I'll be representing Bowser as always and I'll do the best i can, so wish me luck :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Wow, thanks for the support. Actually, i'm making an appearance at a big european tourney in August. Super Lion 4, held in France, you may have heard it. It's gonna be pretty huge, but I'll be representing Bowser as always and I'll do the best i can, so wish me luck :)
Show them why bowser should be high tier :) good luck.

:083:

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
XD Well lets hope all goes well. I'll get more practice and hopefully matchup experience from the next smash fest in london which is next weekend (I'll probably have videos from then too), that'll hopefully prepare me for the Super Lion. Gotta keep my guard up though, i'm becoming more and more well known around these parts

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Lol yea. Most are aware that i have some degree of skill, but quickly dismiss me as a "hopeless hero" rather than a possible threat after hearing that i main bowser. I did ok at the last london smash fest but i didn't beat any of the top players there, which is why it was such a big deal that i beat Yeniths and Trio3 at the east midlands fest, as both are highly respected players and Trio3 being the best Toon Link around who has won a few fests himself. Beating Yen was one thing, but everyone expected me to lose against Trio3, so you can imagine it came as a massive shock when i defeated him twice in a row :)

The UK has a distinct lack of lower tiered character users, and i'm the only Bowser. I know i can reach high places with Bowser, hell i had a very good shot at winning the east midlands fest, but i just got ***** by ****ing counterpicking D3 :urg:. I promise it wont happen again though, i'll find a way around him ;)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hi Kirk, nice bowser! Just a couple of minor things:
-more up+b oos
-less bowser sitting from off screen
-less dsmash (they can sdi out of it easily)
-inconsistent fsmashes. The kill on ps1 first stock was really good.
-best use of bairs on stage. Definitely, an ike player lol Normally I hate it when bowser's bair onstage but you made it work well.
-I really liked your uair usage. I can never seem to land it on good opponents >.<

I'm leaving for California on saturday but I should have tried to get a friendly with you since I'm home (Oak Park, IL). Oh well : / Are you coming to genesis?
Thanks for watching. ^^

I'm going to see if I can get more vids...I've been playing him a lot more lately and he's fuunnnn. :D I'll also probably try him out in the next tournament I go to, whenever that may be.

And no, I won't be going to genesis. Sorry. :/

udov

Smash Cadet
There will be tons of good players there, I know many of them (I'm French). There will be challenge and a lot to prove too :) But your Bowser sure can do something about that

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids Ixis, you seem to be very good. And interesting use of claw, you fast fall right before using it, am I right?
How do you perform this? Do you use B-sticking, or do you just slide on the stick from down to the Side and use the claw?
I've the Problem that I often use DownB using this, and I use Wiichuck so there is no possibility to use B-sticking, so it'd be nice if you could explain your technique^^.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
@ udov. I also know a lot of good players from england and london who will be going there, so it should be quite the fest :)

@ Sebastian S. Thanks for the praise. To answer your questions (i'm assuming by "claw" you mean the SideB, or "klaw" as many call it): It really depends on the current situation but usually i fast fall before Klaw-ing. I don't often go full offensive with Klaw as i believe it's too punishable and not worth it, it's more of a defensive tactic for me.
As for how it's performed, i don't B-stick, i use the natural... slidey method. If i do fast fall i usually wait till I've nearly hit the floor before swiftly shoving the control stick to the right/left and hitting B at the same time. I don't really notice myself do it, but i don't always ff into a Klaw. I think I'll add that when i aerial right out of a Klaw hop i use the C-stick to perform it as it simplifies things. Sorry if i wasn't very clear, i'm bad at explaining things in detail :(

While i'm talking (nobody take this the wrong way please) I'd like to express that the Klaw really shouldn't be used as some sort of primary form of offense outside literal Klaw hopping, or at least follow up a single jab with a Klaw as it's much safer. Please don't throw out random Klaw's in the hopes that it hits, I've seen this in far too many videos and its frustrating to watch it fail and get punished.

Top Bottom