• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, if anyone still comes here, I'll be uploading a couple of games between my friend and me. He plays Link, so they'll be kind of boring, but I figured I could show I kind of remember how to play this game.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcS3c8_NQVs

In case someby may care, otherwise, meeeeeeh.
You did a good job poweshielding, baiting the phantasim, and landing grabs. Your grab release follow-up is what was hurting you, even if it's just with jab, following up with anything is better than getting chaingrabbed. I also noticed that you were going for the grab a little too often at one point, Also, I think there were a few points where you could have used firebreath against him while he was offstage, like when he was using phantasm while near the ledge, if he recovered to the stage or to the ledge then a quick burst could cover both options, it's best to throw the fire out premptively, optimally they'll hit the very last hitbox of the burst since it offers the most advantage to you that way, you probably won't get a guaranteed follow-up but you'll be able to react sooner and maybe get a surprise edge-hog out of it. You' may be surprised how often that single hit of fire can lead to someone missing the ledge due to hit-stun. Sometimes that by itself can make a player SD but they'll more likely still recover, if they do then they have to recover low from right under the ledge, the worst possible way to recover. Also, I not sure how well known this is, but Nair outright wins vs phantasm, if you line up with him and do it then he'll fly into it and get knocked away. Also, at the point in the video where you got the ledgegrab and he was trying to firebird ledge dropped Nair should work in those situations as long as you let go early enough to keep your full invincibility.

D

Deleted member 189823

That's actually pretty solid advice, James. I'm usually really dumb against Falco. Never get on the proper follow-ups on him, even if, they're as easy as they come (we've got about most of the important follow-ups on him, like AR/GR CGs, D-Tilt and even an easy and simple Side-B...). I've really got to work more on the gimping game. I understimate the things Bowser can do to him, wether it be out of Grabs or even off a simple trow off-stage. Many times, you'll be able to simply B-Air his recovery for an easy kill.

I reeeeally need to give more insight in the usage of N-Air (both, offstage and breaking Phantasm) and even the undersused Firebreath (which I've always neglected to death).

Top Bottom