• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Framerate

Smash Lord
I really don't like brinstar for jigglypuff. It's too aggressive, and the uneven ground screws up perfect-landing the dair.

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs is, for better or worse, the character I've put the most work into by far in vBrawl. I really don't love the game, but Jiggs is mad cute and so so so frustrating to play against. I need to tone down the aggressiveness of my B+ (Jiggs) game and vBrawl forces me to camp and plank to win, which is a good thing. So basically I'm playing vBrawl Jiggs and MK, if he's banned I'd immediately pick up DDD. Playing melee and B+ Jiggs more than vBrawl, but I am picking it up again just cause its so popular and I'd like to actually be entering the vBrawl tournaments without just B+ practice (though I still am way way better at +).

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at all the things Jiggs can do with destructible stages. Jigglypuff on Brinstar is LEGIT. Its pretty much like, I'm gonna always CP Brinstar at this point... and try to time people out whenever possible. And yeah, wacky tricks obv. OBV... and some combos O.o

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's good to have you back, Veril. I've also adapted the "new" style of play for my Puff game as well. I'm looking forward to your Brinstar input.

It's a whole new world.

Veril

Frame Savant
Brinstar lets you set up frame traps (inescapable, but not technically combos) with the tripping dair on multiple areas on brinstar (kinda like the buuman trap with DDD conceptually if you're familiar with that, just with a trip rather than a missed tech on d-throw and grab/fsmash rather than d-smash). Her strong fair can force a tech at like 2% right in front of jiggs in some areas, and a missed tech vs Jiggs is death if you can hit with jab. You can pass through the level, its got platforms spaced well for tech chasing off throws.

I don't think any other Jigglypuff player has actually looked at confirming true combos out of staled aerials, but yeah, its interesting on Brinstar cause you can exploit all those hurtboxes to stale your aerials.

Brinstar is really good.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Brinstar is waaaay too small to find time to stale moves, not to mention a jab lock form a missed tech will only last 3 to 4 hits. I'll give you that it allows sharking, but so does 1/3rd of the CPs. I used to pick Brinstar, but I just don't feel like it really gives me any more of an advantage beyond being risky with a rest when I see the lava rising.

And dair spam is the way to go :D

Framerate

Smash Lord
I shouldn't laugh, but I did.

It wasn't terrible. Just funny when Anther tries the footstool>QA-lock for a good minute.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i think i stopped going to Brinstar because my opponent will usually go game and watch and kill with up smash at 30 %.
not to mention bair is buffed on that stage :/.
and Brinstar is sooo laggy on wifi :(

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Hey guys, anyone have tips on fighting against Diddy? I finally went to a offline tournament but I ended up fighting 2 of them the only 2 matches I was in, I didn't what to do lol....(i was playing horribad btw)

Framerate

Smash Lord
Offline; a couple months after the game came out; the game hasn't been out for 3 years ;P

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
How to beat Diddy Kong as Jiggs: You jump

This better provoke ADHD to talk about Jiggs being garbage.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
^
You know how slow Fro is sometimes :3
love you Fro! ♥

Framerate

Smash Lord
Woo good luck and have fun. It'll be a long and painful journey, but stick with it and maybe someday someone will say "Hey, your jiggs is neat." God I can't wait for my day to come lol.

Veril

Frame Savant
Hey Jigglypuff users. Just to let you know I'm entering my first tounament with Jigglypuff. (Some may not care about this.) Wish me good luck. :) Note: I think I'm a bit inexperinced with players.
If its your first tourney you're definitely in for an experience. Good luck. :) Have fun!

someday someone will say "Hey, your jiggs is neat."
It will be immediately followed by, "You should play a real character."

So I've been thinking and an MK ban might actually be good for Jiggs. Its not like Jiggs is a great enough option for dealing with MK that you wouldn't be better off using your main, and she's just not viable as a main (even with a second). Without MK there would be less of a need for a ledgegrab rule, and were there no ledgegrab rule Jiggs would have a shot at being the gayest character in the game... ie less bad than she is now.

Framerate

Smash Lord
It will be immediately followed by, "You should play a real character."
It always is...

And I can't agree more about the MK ban; it truly is a terrible MU for us. Even still, I can't bring myself to support banning a character from Smash. It's just against the nature of the game...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just wanna drop in and say that Samus+Jiggs is a DISGUSTINGLY good Low tier team. Me and Ultimate Razer won this past weekend. I have LOTS of our vids recorded(like 5 i think) so ill show you guys.

1: Xyro+Razer :samus2:+:jigglypuff:
2: Tallman+Gnes :lucas:+:jigglypuff:
3: Trela+Yosh :ike:+:yoshi2:
4: Jerm+Dao :link2:+:jigglypuff:
5: Ozz+Trent :falcon:+:sonic:
5: roy + furbs :falcon:+:yoshi2:
7: Riot + Pj :ike:+:link2:
7: Hyro + blaine :jigglypuff:+:samus2:
9: Redhalbert+P4 :ike:+:zelda:

BTW, in Teams(low tier or not) what is jiggs best stages? As samus, im pretty much good ANYWHERE but Yoshi's island. I wanna team with Razer again someday and we need some CP stages to go to.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Heck I'd do Samus/Jiggs in regular doubles. Mebbe it's just 'cause I'm a doubles god.

As for stages, I hate Yoshi's as well, but that might just be a personal thing. Depends on who you're fighting. I usually go neutrals, but if it's someone gimpable pick Frigate or RC. Also I'd imagine any stage with water would be great, given Samus' spike and Jiggs water-canceled rest. Some Jiggs players like Brinstar but I'm not a fan.

I have still never really tried Norfair as Jiggs. It might actually be good for her...

PND

Smash Champion
Jiggs is the Metaknight of low tiers. And she's legit good in doubles, Jiggernaut and I recently teamed (Jiggs/Jiggs and Jiggs/MK) and came 2nd at our most recent tourney. . . and this was against high tiers and legit PR players. Rollout is SOOOOO good in doubles it's ridiculous.

Jiggs is good on pretty much any low tier team -- especially with Ike IMO.

Top Bottom