• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm actually never going to drink in my life. I was probably going to try once of twice, but now I never will. I put the "NES" tag in my GC for respect.

'Fro

Smash Lord
It makes me curious.

I mean did the guy really just decide to drive, knowing he was hammered?

Did he CONSCIOUSLY start driving a car?

****ing ****.
Some people's morality can survive alcohol. I know from every time I've touched booze that I would never contemplate driving in that state. Unfortunately, not everyone has that same level-headed thinking. A friend of mine almost killed us because he didn't realize how drunk he was when we left the bar. We were fortunate to survive, and needless to say never committed that mistake again.

Knowing that alcohol was involved makes me go from sadness to pure anger at what happened. Having to pay for other people's mistakes with your life is too harsh.

wtwalait aka Player 5

Smash Rookie
I can thankfully say that i was one of the people lucky enough to meet nes n00b in person and i just cant beleive that he is now gone. I was at the last tourney he attended "House of Smash" on november 14th and me, him, chad, hyperdragon, power of slash, and papster all walkewd to burger king together. me and him sat together since the other four were sitting at another table and there was no more room. this was the first time i really got to know him. One of the nicest guys i think ive ever met. We talked about how there used to only be 150 pokemon, and a ton of other stuff. Im a really noob with no tech skill so i dont play melee but brawl+ instead and he taught me how to play my main jigglypuff. i will never forget him, or his huge smile that he was always wearing. een though i've only met him 5-6 times in my life, i can say that he was one of the people that had the biggest effect on me. i can't believe that he is gone now and dont understand how the other driver's BAC was .237. it angers me very much and also makes me sad. I'm sheading tears as i type this.

R.I.P. nes n00b/ryan roberts ill miss you <3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
R.I.P. Nes Noob.

We only met briefly but I could tell you had a good heart.

This accident was nothing short of a tragedy and I send my condolences to his family and the rest of you out on SWF.

I know he is in a better place

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I didn't sleep well last night thinking about this. I only sleeped one hour then i had to go file some paper work for school. I still find this so hard to believe. Btw did they delete his swf account? I know i was friends with him and wanted to post rip in his profile but it looks gone.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Still taking time for me to cope with this.

Love you and miss you Ryan. Always will.

<3

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You know I just noticed something...when playing smash in the past I was only focused on myself, how I could get better, what I could be doing better, etc.

Since Ryan's passing there's been a COMPLETE shift in how I play. Now as I play I look at others and find myself cheering them on for their triumphs just as much as my own.

Thank you, Ryan, for reminding me how to play for others. I'm deeply sorry and ashamed it took your death for me to remember how to do that...
Best post here.

I really hope there's a moment for him at p4.

R.I.Y.P.

Smash Cadet
I never got to have the fortune of meeting NES n00b but was looking forward to meeting him at KO's next tournament. To learn that his untimely death was the result of a drunk driver almost three times over the legal limit is just horrible. May NES n00b rest in peace. I give my condolences to his friends and family, especially his mother.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I believe I saw him post around Brawl+ and somewhere else on here.

Mad crazy that he went down like that. I never knew him or met him so I can't really say anything. My condolences to his family and friends.

This tragedy must never be repeated.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Good stuff.

Funny thing is, as good as that video was, it didn't do how good he actually was justice. You'd have just had to play him to see it.
I think it'd be extremely difficult to really capture that. I know what you mean, but as far as combo videos go I don't know how it could be much better :O Good job KSO

One of my favorite things about playing him was that I would always have a part of me that wanted him to just combo the **** out of me like only he could.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think it'd be extremely difficult to really capture that. I know what you mean, but as far as combo videos go I don't know how it could be much better :O Good job KSO

One of my favorite things about playing him was that I would always have a part of me that wanted him to just combo the **** out of me like only he could.
Yeah the video is awesome, thanks Kso.

I totally almost lost it when it came to the "forever he will be my hero" part. Very well done.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Hey Check it Out I'm in the Mist of making the ultimate Nes Noob combo, XIII ways to die and my friend Drew are making the solos for the BGM. I myself am going to make the video for it.

And yes I know I'm not the only one making a video for him, I'm just implying that I'm joining the club.

@Remember that the bloodline eats mangoes(Mango) and peaches(Armarda)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
XIII ways to die is the name of one of the people making the video.

Edit: Considering the people making it, I will be very surprised if it ever comes out.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
He was the first person I ever played a match of smash with outside of my hometown.
It was an online brawl tournament...

I've come so far since, and haven't played him again. Only ever talked a few times since.

He'll always have a place in my heart and history. <3

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ryan come home :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
what the **** man...it's still so ****ed up
i can never see this guy again because some piece of **** was ****ing hammered and behind the wheel?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
"In this world you got to be strong...
You got to fight to keep his spirit alive."

For the fourth time, RIP, Ryan. I'll make sure to put a "NES" tag as much as possible when I play and always when I'm CF. It's the least I can do.

Top Bottom