• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Just read the whole thread. I only met him once. We played some friendlies at one of the Waba tournaments. I was having a bad day as my controller wasn't responding correctly, and I was really getting mad. During our friendlies, NES N00b offered to switch controllers with me. After playing a couple more matches, he said that the control stick was slow to reset to the neutral position. The point of this little story is that instead of just saying "NO JOHNS LOL" he was very considerate and kind. Not to mention a total beast with Falcon. I wish I'd known him better.

RIP NES N00b

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'll miss NES n00b

i remember visiting louisiana last year, and he drove two hours from MI to play with me. he was one of the coolest, nicest guys ever who got good practicing against trees.

we would also talk on AIM alot, and he'd always try to cheer me up cuz i was always an emo little bugger about AZ Smash

i got word of it via text message last night but assumed it was a cruel joke, but when i got home and saw the article, i just let the tears flow.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Wow.... thats really not good... in fact thats really depressing... I mean WTF.

WTF... I just talked to him a few days ago... GODDAMMIT...

Well.... R.I.P NesNoob....

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
For anyone that never met him:
he was everything you've been told/heard he was. He was extremely helpful, always nice(from my experience), a pretty funny dude, and he will be missed.

This just makes this even more sad.

I'm just curious, but how many other smashers have died besides NES n00b?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Well I'm glad enough emotion is being shown. IDK why but it seemed like since MJ died death wasn't THAT concerned.

RIP I guess. Still, it's not the end of the world. :snake:
Get out of this thread if you're going to be like that, I saw your first comment too and that was disrespectful.

If you don't want to pay your respects, then don't say anything at all

camden

Smash Apprentice
...omg...

This was the nicest guy ever. He would do so many kind things for people. I wish I was actually able to meet him in person.

R.I.P. Nes n00b! You will never be forgotten!!

B-Down

Smash Apprentice
He's in heaven now, guys. Until we see him there that faithful day...

He was the first and ONLY guy I've seen land 5 consecutive knees on my friend, B-Down. He's the best friend you can ever meet. Hands down...

Much love to ya, Ryan Roberts. Much love to ya...I'll see him again one day.
Wow....This hits me hard. Seriously. I remember that match, I remember him placing in the top 5 in the next few tournies and blowing everyone away.

R.I.P. Nes N00b, R.I.P. One of the coolest falcons i've ever played.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I hung out with him at pretty much every tourney we where at together. I feel horrible this could happen to such a nice guy. Even tho he was leagues better then me we would always play friendlies and have a great time. The really sad thing was the last thing he told me that he was disapointed we didn't get to hang out more at the last tourney. I told him no worries we would hang out more at the next one :(. I feel terrible.

RIP Ryan

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
*stress* Things are very complicated here. Please read this and do not accuse it as Minor Spam:

@ All, I apologize if nes n00b was this close to you all. It breaks my heart that people die all the time. I lost all my grandparents last year, but you didn't know them so you shouldn't care (which isn't a smart statement). I just went to a funeral a few weeks ago for someone I didn't know. They were part of the family so I shared my loyalty.

I hope that everyone can die and go to Heaven, cause it better than here. It's not part of my destiny right now since I'm not a good person. Again, I AM SORRY. But you will not live on well w/o dropping the weight. Hold it and express your feelings, but drop it cause it is no use.

I'll pray for Ryan and hope he can go to Heaven soon. It's the least I can do for the infraction I just got.:snake:

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Ryan, I was looking forward to meeting you in the future. This is so unfortunate. RIP.

Mountain Combo and Falcon forever <3

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Never got to meet the guy being from Europe n all. But that guys Falcon was incredibly good and I totally respect him.

R.I.P nes n00b
=[

Rat

Smash Lord
wow this is unreal.

My condolences to his family and friends. I only met him a couple times. I thought he was kind of an oddball but he was never without a smile.

RIP NES_Noob

Divinokage

Smash Legend
knee those angels, bro. Into a dair, of course.

-RIP Noob
I lolled at that.

Well this makes wonder, what the heck happens after death? Is there really some place where your spirit can rest?

Whatever place that may be, I really hope he is still happy out there in the universe.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I never really applied death in this community until now.

R.I.P man.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
i honetsly couldnt decide whats worst........the fact that he passed away or that i dont even know about it until after his funeral..........though i never met him, a fallen fellow smasher really hits me really hard......its like when the police force lose an officer.........

Laijin

Smash Hero
;_; .......................... ;_;

Did he have any relatives?
Well if you read the article sir, you would know he has a mom.
Besides that, from the looks of the funeral his mom has plenty of support in MS to deal with this event.

Edit:
I found out two days after his death(Which is obviously before the funeral). I would have informed all of you but I did not have internet. Late news.. :(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
the new avatars are too much

i see the RIP NES noob avatars on posts, but for a split second, I think it's him saying that he's okay

Reaver197

Smash Lord
No one for certain can say there is anything such as heaven or hell, or a spirit that survives the body. But this thread is not the time and place for pushing religious beliefs.

R.I.P. Nes Noob. Thank you for all the advice you gave. I knew you not well, but you will be missed.

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
R.I.P nes n00b
I loved hanging out with the guy. Always had a blast playing Smash with him. He ***** me in my first Smash tournament and he told me not to suck. Haha. He said I make good sandwiches too. I love the guy, always will. I'm also in huge favor of the P4 moment of silence.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I never got to introduce myself to NES Noob or anything, but a lot of the players here at Purdue know him well and respect him a lot. He came down to our last regional tournament and seemed like a really awesome guy. All he did was make people around him happy (while still winning the tournament ha)... with his death, I feel even more sorry for not getting to now him personally. That tournament was fairly recent too.
I send my prayers out to him and his mother. Watching the interview is just too overwhelming :(
CO_and_Me
I never knew he passed away... :(

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Wow, It's so hard to deal with these things.
I did not know Nes-n00b and I'm swedish, but I used to watch some of his matches and I sometimes use "Nes" as my nametag (My nick is Random-NESs...).
He was a great source of inspiration back when I started playing, and even if I have not watched any of his matches as of late, I'm deeply saddened by this.
Viva la Nes n00b...

Matt07

Smash Master
I am deeply saddened to hear this. Rest in Peace, NES Noob.

My condolences to your family, and friends. My prayers go out to you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I had only talked to n00b once, and what I do know of him is that he was a great guy.

Rest in Peace Ryan.

Top Bottom