• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Lol, well it's not like we're SDing every match. In fact not often at all, and each time it's usually something dumb that never happens again like dropping from the ledge while accidentally inputting an Fair so you can't reach the ledge again with Aether. That one happened to me just at the Frag For Cancer tourney I went to, and all the TVs were HD with some input lag so I can kind of blame that (johns)... I ended up winning that match anyways though.

:034:

I really don't understand the whole HD lag stuff. Been playing standard and HD back and forth only to not really feel a change. Might I ask what the change between the two consists of?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
On the character select screen, tap your control stick to see the delay in the response on the TV.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've SD'd so many times it's not even funny. Particularly in my first tournament: took me several times to learn that holding down while aethering to grab the ledge = bad.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@bored

Yeah, I usually have some music with me. No special playlist, just something to make sure I don't start to slack. I randomly let up when I'm playing for long amounts of time. Thanks for the tips! And lol @ #5.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hmm, same as here then.
couldnt you like borow a parents car or something? or are they not that trusting?

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Happy belated birthday Red-X!

Can I join the SD club? Half the time I try to recover on FD on wifi I aether into the bottom, or I just don't grab the ledge. And I SD so much with Pikachu it's not funny :urg:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I would like to join too~ I SD like once every five matches. It's pretty bad.

Accidentally not autosweetspotting DS against Ike counts as a SD ok metroid.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What you guys think of the damahe ratio being changed to 1.1? It basically adds more knockback to moves and seems to get rid of many CGs and other thing...

Wonder how it affects f/bthrow > dash attack

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Basically they want us to do Target Test, Home-Run Contest, Multi-Man Brawl, and the like. Someone else can do it, thank you.

Edit: Oh, and the damage ratio being changed to 1.1? I don't even bother unless it's SSB64, Bob-ombs only on Very High, vs LV9 CPUs, Hyrule Castle, and 200% damage. That's the quickest way to rack up SD's.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
What you guys think of the damahe ratio being changed to 1.1? It basically adds more knockback to moves and seems to get rid of many CGs and other thing...

Wonder how it affects f/bthrow > dash attack
Is that a rule that might be considered?
That's...kinda interesting. ;o

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
many people seem to be skeptical about it :/ i just wish it gets a chance cause i've been wanting it since the idea first poped up

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's been talked about on and off for almost 2 years now. I wouldn't mind, but I never really played using that change before. Not many attacks in the game has properties that abuse 1.1 unlike .9 (and even 1.0 lol).

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's harder to get out of aether, making it useful for mixups with platforms. The puffball characters shouldn't worry too much, though. Jab hasn't really changed too much, it feels like you're jabbing a character of lighter weight. Bthrow->dash attack I'm not sure works as well, although I've gotten a few off. Dthrow sends people to the top platform on battlefield at low %, giving an easy up air.

Not much different overall, except some of our attacks kill a bit earlier. Tilts are better than before, also.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Attention Ike Boards, rep your character in the ultimate test to prove your speed.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144213

Currently accepting submissions, good luck to you all.
I might as well record and upload my target test crap I did months ago, seeing as there's nothing for Ike yet and you guys don't seem interested. What I like about the target tests is that it's way more about finding the right strategy than just being fast with your inputs.

As for this 1.1 damage ratio talk... I dunno, if it had been implemented very early on it might have stuck and been the standard, but people have been playing without it for so long now that the vast majority of players will be loath to change.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I might as well record and upload my target test crap I did months ago, seeing as there's nothing for Ike yet and you guys don't seem interested. What I like about the target tests is that it's way more about finding the right strategy than just being fast with your inputs.

As for this 1.1 damage ratio talk... I dunno, if it had been implemented very early on it might have stuck and been the standard, but people have been playing without it for so long now that the vast majority of players will be loath to change.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but as time goes on I only see more and more people becoming dissatisfied with Brawl. D: The only real reason I still go to tournaments and stuff is because of the community... Been considering quitting for quite a while now, but I just keep coming back... -.-

I've been wanting some sort of change for a while now... And the switch to a 1.1 damage ratio may be just the thing I need. Its sounds like an interesting and refreshing idea, at least.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Too bad hardly anything changes at all. You won't notice much at all unless you actively search for it.

Colaya, I think that "more and more people" is just you, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ren talked to me about this last night about the 1.1. I think he's one of the people responsible for suggesting this idea, and he told me a lot of neat things that can happen. For example, MK's nado can be DI'ed out of, Shiek's F-tilt lock doesn't work, and CGs are limited or don't work, I forgot which. Ren told me Ike's jab cancel isn't that effective though, but it would be interesting to see how it would work out. If anything, I would to see it used as a side event for now.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've been wanting some sort of change for a while now... an interesting and refreshing idea.
In the words of Homer Simpson: Brawl- is the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. Particularly, the problem of getting bored with Brawl but still feeling inclined to play something similar.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hmmm, that gets me wondering how Sonic's spin dash setups would work.
I'm sure plenty of them would become null if the knockback is increased.

Top Bottom