• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What would be the point of doing that?

:248:
Swag, no other reason

I'm just working on getting the standard stuff down, it seems that if i don't practise it all the time my ability to do even the most simple stuff goes down the drain, so yeah XD

Besides, i've now found an appropriate training style which will keep me on top of my game and keep my family together...ish
3 v 1, me vs. mum, dad and bro, team attack off. i just spend all day trying to get hit as little as possible. seriously a good way of teaching myself to stay safe

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I just do the same thing i do for an instant DACUS with any character that can
The problems with the distance is that the only character thats commonly used and has item peices is diddy and snake, and flying fast along the floor isnt great against them two characters in particular. moreso due to the slow nature of ikes item throws
God damnit

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So current event thing i ran into:

life habitable planets have been discovered.. 600 light years away (roughly 3,600 trillion miles, give or take a trillion)

So now we just need to invent a rocket that exceeds the speed of light.. greatly

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually I'm pretty sure it's just one planet, and it has something like 2.5 times Earth's gravity. That kind of gravitational force would mess up the human body horribly and cause the vast majority of people to die within days or even hours due to heart or nervous system failure (collapse of the spinal cord for instance). Anyone who was hardy enough to survive longer than that still wouldn't live very long under those conditions though, certainly not long enough to adapt to it or anything.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Apparently human beings can survive up to 50 g (essentially 50 times Earth's gravity) for extremely brief periods of time, although anything higher than 50 g for more than a couple seconds would likely be fatal. Roller coasters are required to never exceed 6 g for safety reasons, and you won't ever experience anything over 5 g on a roller coaster for more than a few seconds.

Thus actually living on a planet where you are constantly being affected by 2.5 g would dramatically reduce your life expectancy. Anyone with heart problems, overweight, really old or really young, poor bone structure... basically anyone who isn't a twenty or thirty year old in perfect health would die or be unable to function after a few days.

I can't imagine even the healthiest people would live more than a year. Your blood would pool in your legs and your heart would have to work ridiculously hard, not to mention most of the smaller bones in your body would get crushed and your vision would deteriorate rapidly. Factor in the added strain just to walk a short distance in that kind of gravity and what short life you'd have there would pretty much suck.

I find this kind of thing so interesting, lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sounds like the ideal planet for ****** athletes. Their hearts will be strong enough to maintain blood flow for a small body on that kind of gravity.

Or you can spend most of the time lying down instead of standing.

Why not build a gravity room to adapt humans progressively to 2.5 times gravity. I mean if we're visiting other planets, i want a gravity room!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, in order to actually accustom the human body to a constant force of 2.5 g, a very large group of human beings would have to live for generations in increasingly powerful gravity rooms, never leaving them. It would probably take many thousands of years before human beings are born with the proper muscle structure, bone structure and blood thickness to survive on a planet that large.

Their life span would likely still be shorter than humans on Earth though, no matter how long they spend adapting. Our bodies are comprised mainly of water; since water cannot be thinned and it's unlikely that we can lose that dependancy, we'll always be heavier than a living thing which developed naturally in that kind of environment.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well its gonna take 1000 of years to build a ship that can reach such a planet

might as well prep up. I know, we can culture homeless people to prepare. They got nothing to complain about, free food, water, shelter, and sex (gotta procreate in this environment too) with no parental duty needed. Leave that to the scientists.

M@v

Subarashii!
Now all we need to do is lobby the politicians for money. That will only take 1000 years.

I want my DBZ gravity room :3

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It would definitely be interesting to see the results of that. Whatever generation is finally able to tolerate high gravity would essentially be super-humans on Earth, provided they don't lose too much height in the process, which is entirely possible. Assuming they retain the general human form though, they would naturally be stronger, faster and tougher (as far as bone density goes) than any current Olympic athlete who's trained his entire life.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
And this is why you train in a gravity room! accelerated growth!

If anything, if we wanted to preserve tall genes, we could start having the cultured ******* get tall genes from an outside source and see how natural selection works from there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Studies already show that adding even marginal weights (ankle weights in particular) can lead to tendonitis. We're far away from any gravity room as much as I'd love to have one.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
>That feel when you've almost died of laughter at something utterly irrelevant

There is something... I must share with you all, tomorrow.

Congrats, Bored, I definitely knew you had the potential to get into the BBR. Do wonders, mate.:applejack:

Would supplement with a coherent reply to the space and whatnot, but on mobile, currently.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yay. The more the merrier. I wish I had my regular laptop since I always forget to go to places now that they're not bookmarked (like the BBR page)

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
bah, sorry ussi, like on the i'll do whatever you ask for a week kinda sorry. I got stuck picking up the cats remains yesterday, and the rest of the day/night went purely downhill from there. I won't go into specifics, but am just going to get on my hands and knees and beg for mercy XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Ussi, Sen. Why not we plan for something for Friday or something? Also, forgive me if I start sucking, been playing IaMP too much. I have much more fun with that game than I do with Soku.

Is it possible to hit DDD out of dash attack with ftilt on reaction at the maximum range? I don't think it's really possible, but I was just asking to be sure.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
bah, sorry ussi, like on the i'll do whatever you ask for a week kinda sorry. I got stuck picking up the cats remains yesterday, and the rest of the day/night went purely downhill from there. I won't go into specifics, but am just going to get on my hands and knees and beg for mercy XD
Its just a game we're playing, not like you were holding the cure for some time induced illness that would have become terminal that night had you not shown up.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Studies already show that adding even marginal weights (ankle weights in particular) can lead to tendonitis. We're far away from any gravity room as much as I'd love to have one.
I have to ask, what exactly is tendonitis? because i essentially live with weights on my wrists and ankles
Actually never mind, I'll just wikipedia it. Also well done on the BBR position.

haha nice. Didn´t know you were there (or watching :D).
I think I did that against J.Miller, right? was fun :-)

Nice, so hyped about Apex :-)
I was, i was the really bad UK ROB main who spent the majority of his time with calz' sister XD
And yeah i saw that. it's also his new primary argument against smashville being a fair stage XD

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks for the compliments/support guys. I'll be sure to put my influence into the BBR.

And that is doing absolutely nothing.
I hear that.:applejack:

There is something... I must share with you all, tomorrow.
And... so I must keep true to my honesty:

Yep. I ****ing hate the **** out of this game. I've never known what it was truly like to feel anger until today. I smashed the **** out of everything on my table in one swoop after this ****.

So, I'm sitting around playing, and my left eye starts twitching like **** and hurting while I'm playing, so I'm kinda feeling ****ty while I'm playing, and then here is how my next few games go.
1. Join a game of domination. IT IS 150-30 30 SECONDS AFTER I JOINED AND WE WERE BEING DOMINATED. I play for a little bit but it is me and a bunch of terrible players on the my team who are 0-35 and **** so I leave. I still manage to go like 5-3
2. Join a game of demolition. The other team is a full team clan and we're being spawn trapped. They all have tacs layed out so that if we manage to kill one of them THE SECOND WE SPAWN, they run around the corner and kill us again. Everyone on my team is like 0-5 and had just joined because the other team left. I leave.
3. I join a game of ground war dom where we are winning by a little bit. I spawn, and I run forward two steps and a semtex blows up in my face. It was a random semtex. I spawn after watching the killcam, and I run forward and die to a frag. It was an uncooked random frag. I spawn. I INSTANTLY get killed by a predator missile. I had spawned near a teammate that it was going for. I spawn, take a few steps forward and I walk into a building. Claymore. I spawn and an airstrike is getting dropped directly on me. I spawn and a pavelow is up. I am the first person to be killed by it. I spawn again. Random semtex. I spawn again, pavelow goes for me again. I pull out my air support class. I start aiming the rocket but I don't have blind eye pro yet. Someone comes around the corner and shoots me while I'm aiming the rocket. I spawn again. The pavelow instantly kills me.
I'm like 0-10 or something in the span of 20 seconds and I put my hand on my face for a second, my eye still twitching and annoying me like ****, and I throw my controller at my dresser, breaking the bottom of my controller, smashing a glass of water, disassembling my remote, and knocking over a pile of books. I then get up, kick my controller, and then I punch my dresser. My hand hurts.

**** THIS ****ING GAME. I AM GOING TO BREAK IT AND NOT SELL IT. ROBERT BOWLING CAN EAT A HUGE **** WITH HIS LYING COMMERCIAL MONEY MAKING BULL****.
I love Wretched.:applejack:

Top Bottom