• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Again, maybe the lack of the same game modes boils down to the consoles lacking in overall power? Remember when Diablo 2 came out for PS? Starcraft for N64? Were they magically supposed to go online to make them an "equal" product?

If a developer wants to stretch its wings, it's not fair for them to wait another 3-4 years for another console to come out when PC is right there. If the demand is high for a console product, they will make it, but don't expect things to be of the same quality.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bout to start on AC: Brotherhood. After this, I finish Zelda when I get back and I manage to play the block buster titles I was interested in.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So i'm watching the anime Kanon - its... about amnesia so far
It has a VN too you know, which I was close to completing but had to reformat my laptop. I'll get back to it on winter break. When you see something by Key, just assume there's a VN for it and look it up if it really has one.

Funny how I stumbled onto this pic while there was talk of games here.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Finally decided to play a little more of Xenoblade. Finally got 3 rainbow slugs (some of the hardest collectibles to acquire in the game) and got through most of the main plot twists.

Xenoblade really picked back up again, and there's still so much left to do. I'm going to start with all of the newly unlocked sidequests tomorrow or tuesday depending on how much studying I get done.

@Light we were talking about you a few pages ago. Namesearch it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
hai Light, cloverleaf misses you i think
Yo, Ussi. Well, I'm back for hopefully more frequent visits now, at least more frequent than bimonthly!

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

=3
Been ages, Brett! what's new?

@Light we were talking about you a few pages ago. Namesearch it.
The first time I've namesearched myself. I feel like some reverse-stalker now.

And to Bored: That movie trailer was ridiculously good. I am so hyped up for the Ace Attorney movie now...

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
hai Light, cloverleaf misses you i think
You didn't have to phrase it in such an embarrassing way. T_T

Ussi, did you watch every episode of the Clannad anime, including the alternate arcs and the
mediocre
motion picture?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I didn't watch the film, i heard its the different from the series and its long >_> Alternate arcs did no justice for Tomoyo and Kyou :\

@jam i know Kanon is a VN but I heard the anime is better than the VN

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I think they did well for trying to cram the stories into one episode each.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just felt so much was left out. Trying to condense a full length route into 1 episode is hard though... I thought at least 2 episodes each would be nice considering that what most routes in the anime had.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
You should be the one to fill these dark boards with LIIIIGGGHHHTTTT
+5 interwebs for you.

And hai light.

@Ussi: New ISP migration just went down earlier this morning, i'll see about pulling the stick out and trying my hand at you in soku later today or sometime before thursday. Old man comes home then and i'll be nearly absent from most my internet creepy habits. Just give me a day/time and i'll see what I can pull.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Been ages, Brett! what's new?
Some of the same stuff. Getting closer to finishing college (and, logically of course, losing all motivation), still wishing people played Brawl closer to me, etc. Got me a job in a campus cafeteria, and had to trim up my facial hair, but aside from stuff like that, I'm still the same ol' Brett.
You should be the one to fill these dark boards with LIIIIGGGHHHTTTT
+1

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
G-P said:
Anyway, we played a few friendlies and either he is really good, or im a scrub, im willing to believe its both
post smash-flop depression, kbye
:(
Cmon don't be depressed, the Ike ditto is one of the most ******** one in brawl and I hardly think you're a scrub, you just need to be 100% focused (you were in I think 2 of our friendlies, and the difference was noticeable).
Show us our awesome picture, so that everyone here can behold how manly EUIkes look
inb4nobeard

So about this tournament, it really wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad either, and coupled to the fact that I met both dutchies and UK players it overall was pretty good. I'm just sad I didn't do any MMs.. should have begun iniating them sooner.
I got 7th out of 30~, using Ike for all my matches except 1 match vs a falco main and my entire set vs Anaky, a good UK marth main.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
San, when do u go on aim? I'd like to get a good discussion sometime if u dont mind.
DewDaDash, my laptop has been broken for the last week or so, so I am borrowing someone else's at the moment. I don't think this has AIM but I could see if I could stay on meebo or w/e for a while.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
:(
Cmon don't be depressed, the Ike ditto is one of the most ******** one in brawl and I hardly think you're a scrub, you just need to be 100% focused (you were in I think 2 of our friendlies, and the difference was noticeable).
Show us our awesome picture, so that everyone here can behold how manly EUIkes look
inb4nobeard

So about this tournament, it really wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad either, and coupled to the fact that I met both dutchies and UK players it overall was pretty good. I'm just sad I didn't do any MMs.. should have begun iniating them sooner.
I got 7th out of 30~, using Ike for all my matches except 1 match vs a falco main and my entire set vs Anaky, a good UK marth main.
Haha cheers man. I was personally disappointed with myself though so yeah XD
The UK players were really impressed with you and dueler, with you two being people we hadn't seen before. It's a shame calz flaked the event because he would have made for some hyped grand finals
And i was going to ask for a MM, but you had to leave earlier than i expected, so i didn't get to :(
Anyway, time for manly EU ike's (its large)

Me on the left, Blubo on the right

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That shirt has a great deal of my interest. Not even certain of getting MW3, incidentally.

I already gave my thoughts in the MLP thread, so I won't reiterate.:applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
meebo is a site that lets you sign on a bunch of IM messengers like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, and such. It was made for mobile phones before apps.

Read some stuff and this is about issdi

It should be noted that when in shield hitlag, a player can SDI horizontally while remaining in shield.

ISSDI and Dual Sticking can be manipulated to create some truly unique scenarios where the same input on the player's part might yield different condition based outcomes (option-select) out of shield:

If you tap the analog stick towards your opponent and C-Stick upwards, you perform a Forward Roll or Buffer Grab Option Select. If inputted outside of the presence of shield hitlag, you will input a forward roll. In the presence of shield hitlag, you will input two analog stick SDI input towards your opponent for a grab if you input both sticks during shield hitlag. However, if you were holding forward prior to going into shield and shield hitlag and only the C-Stick is inputted during shield hitlag, it will perform only one SDI input while buffering a grab. The option select will then alternatively be a standing grab if inputted outside of the context of shield hitlag.

If you hold the analog stick towards your opponent and then input away from your opponent, you perform a Back Roll or Buffered Grab Option Select. If inputted outside of the presence of shield hitlag, you will backwards roll. If inputted during shield hitlag, you will first input a C-Stick measure of SDI away from your opponent. The frame immediately after, you will input an analog stick length of SDI towards your opponent. Since a full analog stick SDI input is longer than a C-Stick input, you will have net movement towards your opponent while in shield hitlag. The net gain is large enough to allow In Shield SDIing over the ledge, which is useful in anti-planking situations. This can be used as a safety option if one is unsure if they are going to be hit on shield because rolling away from your opponent is generally safer than rolling into your opponent.

Manipulating the analog stick towards your opponent while in shield hitlag and tapping down on the C-Stick creates the effect of ISSDI inputs towards the opponent and immediately buffering spot dodge. If done in shield hitlag for a multi hit move, it's possible to actually use the early (and usually weaker) hitboxes your opponent does on shield while side stepping the last (and usually strongest knockback) hit box, increasing spacing and frame advantage.
wonder if this is any good for Ike.. would Ike's traction make this pointless or would this let him grab stuff he couldn't grab before? Also sucks that our rolls are terrible though.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Shield SDI is decent, good after a dash. It's hard to do on purpose, because as you already acknowledged, we do not want to roll, or even option select a roll.

Edit: at least, not often.

I asked kprime I think around a year ago whether or not we can just DI regularly in shield for a small push, and I think he said no.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i think I figured out how to deal with those ISDDI ICs and just always read their roll ahahaha

nair in front of their shield, jab or dash attack their roll

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Against ICs, it's easier to just fair spam, since they can't really do much other than try to get a good dash+powershield. Nair and jab if you want to be more risky at the cost of killing them much quicker.

It's not too difficult to camp platforms vs ICs, too, since fair's downward angle hitbox can hit them when they try to uair (if they jump too high)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well my wired xbox controller's control stick broke :[ so I'm using a keyboard. Is there a wire to connect wireless controllers via wire?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
well my wired xbox controller's control stick broke :[ so I'm using a keyboard. Is there a wire to connect wireless controllers via wire?
No, this is the world telling you to learn how to play keyboard.

*puts hammer and drill away*

In other news, I'm thinking of developing more of my tech skill before Apex. Any super fancy Ike tricks anyone wants to divulge? /inb4therearentany

Top Bottom