• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...I see the dilemna, I didn't realise that so many ikes were going! (Blubo is going too IIRC)
that makes 8 of us. 4v4 ike vs. ike crews XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so it ends up with top 4 vs bottom 4
cant help but feel thats gonna be a little biased XD
just have san and ryo as team captains and select teams playground football style XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm...this makes me wonder if ALL the Ikes were gathered in one spot...and we had the top 2 as captains, how the teams would look? This would be the roster?

San
Ryo
Rydle
Bored
Nys
Ussi
BS
Blub
GP
Brett
Slaps
Niddo??
AiB Ikes lulz.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dunno, Last i spoke to doom we were raging profusely at mario kart Wii.

More like he's too busy playing Doom

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Bored said:
BS and Blub. I've spoken. Done deal. Everyone else, go cry in a corner.
I feel special.

Crews with all these ike mains huh... San and Ryo would be team leaders as they are the best Ikes, I guess, unless it was a EU-Ikes vs USA-Ikes, with one of the two above as USA team leader, and Rydle as EU team leader.

@GP yeah I'm going to apex too.
I can't wait for tomorow, will you be at J.Miller smashfest?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I feel special.

Crews with all these ike mains huh... San and Ryo would be team leaders as they are the best Ikes, I guess, unless it was a EU-Ikes vs USA-Ikes, with one of the two above as USA team leader, and Rydle as EU team leader.

not on the friday i wont, i work friday evening so i arrive on saturday morning

Are you staying at millers all weekend?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hm...this makes me wonder if ALL the Ikes were gathered in one spot...and we had the top 2 as captains, how the teams would look? This would be the roster?

San
Ryo
Rydle
Bored
Nys
Ussi
BS
Blub
GP
Brett
Slaps
Niddo??
AiB Ikes lulz.
I can tell you that the Red Helix guy or w/e his name was that has posted in here once or twice is worse than me.

When I saw him play right before moving to Ontario, it was like watching myself. Through a time machine going back about three years.

Otherwise, that looks good to me!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I feel special.

If we did Ike crews, we should do North vs South vs EU

So North: San, Me, BS, Sharkie
South: Bored, Brett, Ryo, Slaps
Europe: Rydle, Blubo, GP, Yoh

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Interesting, one day it will have to happen!

Also, any ikes after a partner? my ultimate troll doubles team of going double ganon has fallen through (a.k.a: partner flaked) so im just looking around for a partner

Also, I have just realised that Zatch's real name is exactly the same as the real name of the blind UK smasher who is a walking hype train within EU.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nope, I'll only be there tomorow evening. I'll be staying at a dorm recommended by the staff.
Aww damn shame. then again Millers sister is heavily pregnant and so probably wouldnt be too grateful of having smashers all over her floor

A blind smasher? Completely blind or partially? Hard to envision someone playing completely blind
Well It's gotten worse, When i joined the scene he was already walking hype, but he had to be about 3 feet from the TV otherwise he could see.
Nowadays he is literally pressed up onto the TV and can't play on big TV's because the corners are out of his sight range.
But he's sorta famous for his Random ability to pull out amazing sets from nowhere, He's more famous for randomly using MK's side-b and suicides because of it

theeboredone

Smash Legend

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Could care less to be frank. So he had to make a few ethically questionable actions. Least it got us Bin Laden a few years after his term. Honestly he wasn't the best, but pretty sure history has thrown out much worse.
A "few" doesn't make it a good thing. Few could be just as big as many small mistakes.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was messing around in training mode and figured out something...

you can ledge hop nair without the cstick. I find the timing much easier with it too since if I mess up I don't usually die for it like I do with the cstick. So attack stick is seriously only to do retreating nairs now. (and lazy walk off dairs)

I figured out a good way to learn how to buffer bthrow > dash attack. You gotta just do instant dash attacks and get the input for it down always flicking the sticks too. Then buffer that input to do bthrow > dash attack, that way you know you are doing the input right just at the wrong time.

From all my dacit practice, i can dacas with other characters besides Snake now..

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ussi.. Who didn't know that?

Using the c-stick is easier for me since I use L as jump, so I can buffer it.

I don't really recommend using nairs without c-stick because it's hard to space well regardless.

I recommend people fast fall their nairs (and even fair) less, and simply retreat, too.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
DACAS = Dash attack cancel ANGER smash?

Also nooooo. Attack stick is NOT only for retreating Nair. It's for ALL Nair.
Also... if you don't know how to buffer Bthrow->DA by now, stop playing Ike.

Top Bottom