• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

link2702

Smash Champion
Play better people.
I don't ever bother playing those folks anyway, just anytime i see a topic on smash pop up on those sites its nearly always someone complaining about ike.

If i was gonna waste my time facing em, I'd use someone like ice climbers or metaknight to mentally scar them for life.

Just still though anytime i see em make a post complaining saying ike is OPed its mind boggling, because we all know what kind of ike players they're getting beat by; the Fsmash and Usmash spamming noobs.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lets not forget dair!
laughing******.jpg

silly ussi, these people dont know what an aerial is!

i remember back when i thought i was the **** because i won on play anyone a fair bit. back then i rated every character on the power and range (speed didnt matter) of a characters fsmash and usmash.
which meant i thought ike was top tier, and practically fell out of my chair when i saw the tier list, with diddy kong, wario and meta knight near the top, ike near the bottom end, was all like 'what'

Heartstring

Smash Legend
actually i switched to rob about the same time as he became mid tier. i stuck with ike all the way through learning the game XD

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Funny you should mention...I came in here for a similar thought...long shot, but uhhh

How far is Kahoka, MO from you texas people?

:phone:
... 12-13 hours. =\

Btw got job. But I am met with the hardest decision of my life.
Shave clean.
Try to pull off just a goatee (not sure if I can).
Or... BEARD NET.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yeah, I embedded it a few pages back, as well as the full set. Apparently it was embedded in some German smash forum too, it's all over the place, lol.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
There isn't really a community there, at least not a very big one at all. Neoseeker has a bigger Brawl community than GameFAQs.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh remi, such a legend
*watch first vid*
oh god i recognised that thing within seconds, havent seen that video before, but i do it regularly when im a little strapped for cash XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Wow.

I feel like the first guy was making all of these unnecessarily dramatic gestures as he talked. As if he's a trailer voice and not commentating on a video game ._.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah ixis does that. hes loud by nature and eats the microphone. its a pretty good mic, but he just gets too close to it XD
what about myself, trying to become a good commentator, im guarantee'd to never be in grand finals myself XD

Is there a decent write up about how to deal with Diddy. When I play it at times I feel like it is worse than the MK MU. He throws a banana at my shield and either dash attacks, grabs or fairs me or even throws out smash attacks and goes unpunished because the banana is right in front of me. I use the DACIT and the JCT to move around but it pales in comparison to how Diddy move with bananas and how we pressure him when we have control of a banana.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jump out of shield as soon as it hits your shield. seems to work pretty well for me, retreating fair if he decides to try and punish you shielding works a charm
im not all that experienced with ike against diddy though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The dumbest thing in this mu is that sometimes, you'll trip because of the banana hitting your shield when it's close to intact...
technically thats shield stabbing because its hitting your feet instead of your shield. which is why i opt to shieldjump everything XD

Top Bottom