• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well just so its more fun then:

*Ussi's FAIL stamps*

Game 1

0:33 failsmash count: 1

0:42 a full air jab combo... try holding the A button

0:51.5 Hey Mr. Pro techer, why so not techy?

0:53 how dare you let that Marth use such language to describe your fail to not tech

1:07 platform fail

1:12 wrong direction

1:26 didn't i rip on you in a past video on usmash on the ledge and aimming with the backside? Worst that happens is you trip on the pivot

2:46 failsmash count: 2

3:01 failsmash count: 3

3:12 AD sooner

Game 2

3:28 failsmash count: 4

5:14 DI - on a side note, nothing really fail, but you just losing anyways

5:45 failsmash count: 5

6:25 failsmash count: 6

Game 3

*Ussi's stamp of approval for CPing RC*

7:34-36 lol bthrow > dash attack doesn't work that early, shoulda gone for the bthrow wall lock and failsmash count: 7

7:42 greedy, failsmash count: 8, use usmash ALWAYS so Marth doesn't have the chance to avoid it

7:47 failsmash count: 9

7:50 bthrow lock come on! Everything else fails

10:05 just +1 fail

Game 4

11:09 failsma- oh wait it landed

12:00 hmmmm it looks like Marth wouldn't have hit you off but on a stage like lylat i guess the risk of waiting it out isn't worth it.

12:50 the timing is to jump straight up for 1 second THEN his towards the stage, but the stage tilted up too so even if you did it right, you were doomed.

12:59 failsmash count: 10

13:38 failsmash count: 11

13:51 *Ussi stamp of approval of your overall gameplay this match*

Game 5

14:42 Marth couldn't hit you off the ledge there, 100% positive

16:08 failsmash count: 12

17:17 failsmash count: 13

17:30 fair play

18:26 too high for bthrow > dash attack

19:22 failsmash count: 14

20:07 NO... It can't be true

Man you didn't do anything dumb besides fsmash so much now that I think of it.. BS go post another vid

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
0:51.5 Hey Mr. Pro techer, why so not techy?
I only tech when it really counts. Actually there I honestly didn't think I'd be sent under the stage, I don't know why.

Also, reading your comments and watching my fails with that music playing on SV made me lol.

7:34-36 lol bthrow > dash attack doesn't work that early, shoulda gone for the bthrow wall lock and failsmash count: 7

7:50 bthrow lock come on! Everything else fails
Actually the DA was a failed attempt at a boosted pivot grab to start the lock. If I can get it once I can find a rhythm and do it for a long time, but if I haven't practiced it recently I have a lot of trouble starting it up.

12:00 hmmmm it looks like Marth wouldn't have hit you off but on a stage like lylat i guess the risk of waiting it out isn't worth it.

14:42 Marth couldn't hit you off the ledge there, 100% positive
These were the two in particular that I actually felt like dropping my controller to facepalm in the middle of the match. I'm pretty sure I would have been safe on Lylat too and had the edge hog.

12:50 the timing is to jump straight up for 1 second THEN his towards the stage, but the stage tilted up too so even if you did it right, you were doomed.
I can get the timing perfect every time on stages like BF or SV where there's no pressure to get it right (easy to recover from under the stage), but on FD, Lylat and such, I always mess it up somehow.

17:30 fair play
I thought I still had my double jump, I swear!

19:22 failsmash count: 14
Wow, I didn't realize I'd whiffed that many Fsmashes. I partly blame the fact that I was a bundle of nerves this entire set, but I'll have to tone that down.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can get the timing perfect every time on stages like BF or SV where there's no pressure to get it right (easy to recover from under the stage), but on FD, Lylat and such, I always mess it up somehow.

FD and Lylat and PS1/CS/Frigate require you to jump straight up first for a split second. the reason SV and BF are fine because of the slant ledge.

Go to training mode and you'll get it down in a minute. Stage still tilted up which ruined your chances either way.

link2702

Smash Champion
leik oh em gee ick is sOOOOOoo oped cuz liek hsi smashes kiells in 2 hits an stuf

ok but seriously, its 2011, and yet i still see people complain about ike at many other sites i go to...and from people who have had brawl since it was released....

its something that is mind boggling to me...these people are getting beat by Fsmash and Usmash spamming ikes....these people walk into two of the slowest moves in the game, adn then ***** and complain about him and try to call him oped....its 2011 and these people still don't know how to shield, sidestep dodge, or just jab an ike during the smash animation startup and make him flinch, and then they try to complain sayign he's oped.

mmk, sorry strange post i know ike mains, just had to vent that one out.

danyo

Smash Rookie
Nysyarc.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will secretly refer to you as Buzz Lightyear now.

sincerely,
your newest fanboy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh my god doom the start of that mario party vid was the single funniest thing ive seen in weeks, it actually made me spill my morning tea XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
leik oh em gee ick is sOOOOOoo oped cuz liek hsi smashes kiells in 2 hits an stuf

ok but seriously, its 2011, and yet i still see people complain about ike at many other sites i go to...and from people who have had brawl since it was released....

its something that is mind boggling to me...these people are getting beat by Fsmash and Usmash spamming ikes....these people walk into two of the slowest moves in the game, adn then ***** and complain about him and try to call him oped....its 2011 and these people still don't know how to shield, sidestep dodge, or just jab an ike during the smash animation startup and make him flinch, and then they try to complain sayign he's oped.

If they're getting beaten by spamming Ikes, they are surely losing to spamming Snakes, MKs, and Falcos as well. The real mind boggling point is that they don't complain then.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
snake mk and falco doesnt kill you so early, unless theyre running into snakes fsmash, and then really should be worried then

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Play better people.

Nysyarc.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will secretly refer to you as Buzz Lightyear now.

sincerely,
your newest fanboy
Leave this thread. Leave SWF. I don't want to see you ever again. Fanboys aren't allowed. Grow a pair and man up.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Leave this thread. Leave SWF. I don't want to see you ever again. Fanboys aren't allowed. Grow a pair and man up.
You just mad I got a fanboy. Pretty soon SK will be making an Ike texture in my name... it'll be just like regular blue-costume Ike except he'll be black.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, just realised craysyn lives in dartmouth, an small part of eastern london XD
is there anywhere in north america that isnt named after europe?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
.....SK = guy who plays Falco? or the guy who made Mr. Doom's texture?
Guy who made the texture for San awhile back. It was some pretty serious meatriding.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with the joke.

Edit: @G.P heck, even the province I live in is New Scotland.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sk=smashking?
figures

and i know, nova scottia isnt too hard to translate. but its funny because i regularly go over the dartmouth bridge to get to tournaments, just made me chuckle XD

Top Bottom