• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i lost to luigi in pools (my usual killer, one day ill beat this guy in a set. i did manage to punish his missfire with an fsmash though)
and then once in bracket i lost to a wario, shortly followed by bowser
my ike was not on point this tournament so i used rob mainly. apparently i need to have a lot of practise beforehand with ike before hes competent, and i got stuck organising all the pools so i didnt really get the chance

Heartstring

Smash Legend
just luigi. but ike was thoroughly off its game
ive come to the conclusion that the reason i do so badly is that i have **** all matchup experience vs. most of the cast, literally the only characters i can fight to the best of my ability are marth and olimar.
so does anyone have any recommendations for improving this? i was thinking wifi ladder seeing as i have no true local players, but if anyone can think of something different im all ears

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
What is that sound at around :10? Ike just randomly grunts lol. It sounds like MK when he's using Drill Rush.

Amazing tech though. Kinda surprised Raziek didn't react to it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Very nice. I'd be a rich man if I had Canada's competition every week.
Thank you. Actually, our tourney with the biggest turnout every year is a fundraiser for cancer, so probably not, lol. Our monthlies have a $2 entry fee and our other big events usually don't get super-impressive amounts of people (32-ish at most).

Besides, NS isn't top tier in the whole of Canada.

How the hell..... Ike's mid air jump should jump that far >_>
I tech jumped the pillar holding up PS2, obv.

I'm here just to worship Nys.
You'll still find no sympathy here, Marth main.

<3

What is that sound at around :10? Ike just randomly grunts lol. It sounds like MK when he's using Drill Rush.
That was Marth actually, Croi replaced Marth's sounds with MK's, lol.

Amazing tech though. Kinda surprised Raziek didn't react to it.
In real time it happened ridiculously fast and everyone, likely himself included, thought he had won after that Bair. We were in a gymnasium-sized convention room and we attracted the alarmed attention of all the Halo/Street Fighter/Starcraft/etc players with our frenzied yells after that.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It... it was a wall-jump tech. Stoop.
I know, i'm saying Ike's mid air jump should jump that far

I tech jumped the pillar holding up PS2, obv.

I know, I'm saying Ike's mid air jump should be that good

I've had my share of teching walls to amazing stuff (tech wall jump to footstool to win) to recognize tech jumps... i just never seen Ike jump that far before

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If Ike's mid-air jump and general air speed was that good... we'd have no worries. Ever.

As it is, if we want to win, we have to believe we can fly. Because we can if we want to.

We can't glide though, that'd just be taking it too far.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i wish ikes secomd jump was that good, ive lost count of how many times im literally relative centimetres from grabbing the edge

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Nysyarc, that belongs in every combo vid you ever make ever, I don't care if it's not a combo, it goes in there, it's too amazing to leave out of ANYTHING brawl related.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett, not sure if you were there at that one HOBO a long time ago. Remember the match between Dojo and Mike Haze? This was when MK was banned so Dojo was using Diddy. He teched the one side of the bottom lip of SV, did his forward + B, and then his up+B to get to the other side. That was insane.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I've watched Nysyarc's video at least 10 times now, it's still amazing every time I watch it. The suddenness of it is just crazy, I'm picturing the Marth exhaling after the back air and then seeing the results and trying to stay calm while raging inside.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Either review it or tell him you won't. I'm tired of seeing him publicly ask you about it.
Yah it's been my bad, sent him a PM about it, hopefully it'll clear things up.

The suddenness of it is just crazy, I'm picturing the Marth exhaling after the back air and then seeing the results and trying to stay calm while raging inside.
Actually, you can hear our reaction, and the Starcraft commentators remarks about it, right here (can't embed because I have to link it to a certain time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5yAUTadv4&t=10m05s

I think you can hear Croi shout "CRAYSYN" right after the commentator does his "OOOH", and that was when he gave me the biggest bro hug in history.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
posted some stuff in the Video and critique thread.

Also, I'm sure we have already talked about this in the past, but I'm always drawn back to it.
Does anyone here use the small pivot? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjARH1GVl4

This, along with attack Cstick, could be useful for Ike (less so than for other characters, but still). I'm trying to implement it in my game atm.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I missed so much in the past month, time to read up on what's new. Entirely missed the poll and everything, lol. I want to get kirby mass attack soon.

Ooh just saw the vid =)

Top Bottom