• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I just got the PM, and I responded. Bleah, today's going to be lame; I'm working a double, and I closed last night (5-midnight). .-.

Oh geez. I dunno if you guys know that I have a new channel specifically for Mario Party vids and mini-game guides (except that we've recently started that channel >_>): http://www.youtube.com/user/MarioPartyTV
Guess what? Jalorda is the mascot. =]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just got the PM, and I responded. Bleah, today's going to be lame; I'm working a double, and I closed last night (5-midnight). .-.

Oh geez. I dunno if you guys know that I have a new channel specifically for Mario Party vids and mini-game guides (except that we've recently started that channel >_>): http://www.youtube.com/user/MarioPartyTV
Guess what? Jalorda is the mascot. =]

i was wondering when new mario party vids were gonna show up *subscribes*

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
oh i never saw that coming!

also, i cant hear **** on that video. untill the guy on the mix goes 'oh...OH!'
isad
Are you talking about the video that's on the front page? We used a different microphone and it seemed to have picked up audio a little too well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Are you talking about the video that's on the front page? We used a different microphone and it seemed to have picked up audio a little too well.
im talking about the video that old man nysyarc linked of the starcraft livstream giving brawl hype

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I wish we had an actual video of the hype... stuff was thrown places, chairs were knocked over, people were jumping, a TV got broken... okay maybe not that last one. But I didn't even think we'd be able to hear it again so I had a real good lol when I found out about that Starcraft vid.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
brawl got hype.
this is why mk should be banned, not because hes too good. but because without him the game gets hype XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I still don't know where this vacuum of hype keeps appearing where MK is concerned. Just because no one hypes planking doesn't mean MK is insta de-hype. Only cynical people are gonna say that. >_>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The only match I've ever seen that was hype where an MK won was when M2K 3-stocked Brood in game 1 at the last Apex. And that was mainly because people were expecting it to be a close match and M2K went super-aggro rather than being gay. The rest of the set wasn't nearly as hype, and the hype that was there existed because Brood came back and won.

:248:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Yeah, that's M2K, who's usually going to keep to his defensive play because it's almost always the best idea (honestly, I think he's a much better player that way anyway). People were glad to see him play differently, I highly doubt they were thinking "ooh, an MK not camping" but rather "ooh, M2K's not timing him out".

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah there's never hype for an 8 minute match watching MK Dair/Uair 500 times... unless somehow it gets down to 5 seconds left and the other players pulls ahead by 1% and then ends up winning. That would make up for the lack of hype throughout the match.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I wasn't saying I thought you specifically were wrong, more to the idea that more people like to see MK on the screen and then immediately judge it to be just another MK match. But yes, I would agree on campy MK.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i know, i was just correcting my statement, because i also enjoyed watched m2k broos game 1. you also cant forget the sheer awesomeness of the k.mac mk

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wish we had an actual video of the hype... stuff was thrown places, chairs were knocked over, people were jumping, a TV got broken... okay maybe not that last one. But I didn't even think we'd be able to hear it again so I had a real good lol when I found out about that Starcraft vid.
Awww....Nova Scotia getting hyped. That's so cute. x3.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Inoright.

Anyways, here's the full set; you get to hear the amazing sound effect on Marth's Dolphin Slash.

[yt]Wfhykgj04-g[/yt]

Edit: I really hate that they removed the 2 minute grace period for editing posts. I make minor edits a lot as afterthoughts so a lot of my posts look ugly now.

I'm extremely tired but just popping in to say:

[yt]h5825Wu0WjA[/yt]

This was game 5 of my set vs Raz in Loser's Finals of our big tourney today. The hype after this moment was astronomical.

I ended up getting 2nd by the way, losing in GFs to my doubles partner Croi. It was good times.

Just watched this video and this is the most clutch boss *** tech on the mother****ing planet. When watching the real match I was surprised that that music wasn't actually apart of it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh I could point them all out myself, and believe me I've already facepalmed over some of my own after re-watching it. But go for it if you really want to.

Top Bottom