• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's one goal met. Having one of their leaders gone is great progress from before.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Its pretty obvious that Osama was on PSN. Military managed to trace Osama down with his credit card and personal info was caught up. SONY is pretty much responsible for the defeat of Osama Bin Laden.

(I know you heard this joke like 10 times already but w/e)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
‎"Osama is dead, but still blew up my news feed."

"Pretty sure the US military bored him to death. It's been almost 10 years."

"Osama Bin Laden. World Hide-and-Seek Champion (2001-2011)."

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
....Am I the only one that doesn't think that guy is worth mentioning because his death changes absolutely nothing?
Actually it does, guy was the mastermind behind a lot of things (inb4objectionsandtheusualconspiracyBS), however we all can agree that he was a powerful man in hiding. So someone with this sort of power/authority ending up dead is a soul devouring blow to all that were his followers.

And I don't mean those of Islam/Pakistan/etc and what not, but I mean those who follow Bin Laden in thinking killing the lives of innocents would get them something, besides justice.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Brett

I don't know. I might want Waldo or Carmen Sandiego as my hide and seek buddy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so i heard wally's/waldo's asian cosuin got killed the other day

the only problem i have is that he possibly died quickly and painlessly, boo

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Actually it does, guy was the mastermind behind a lot of things (inb4objectionsandtheusualconspiracyBS), however we all can agree that he was a powerful man in hiding. So someone with this sort of power/authority ending up dead is a soul devouring blow to all that were his followers.
Good for morale, but not much else.
And even morale I'd say is a stretch for doing anything. If morale has been so low for however long he's been hiding, how does Bin Laden being dead even scratch the surface of making a difference? I can only see weak and superficial joy coming out of this before we should start realizing there's still a crapload of things to get done. I'm gonna move on with life.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
That's why I'm just making jokes and fun out of it.

I'm definitely glad he bought the farm, but the only thing it really means is that Obama's going to be re-elected under his I KILLED OSAMA campaign.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
couldnt bush have done the same sorta thing under the 'i killed saddam' thing?
or have i been misinformed on that dudes death?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Actually, the general consensus is, this death isn't doing much in terms of the impact it has on Al Qaeda. It would be foolish to think there are no successors or leaders planned to back up Osama if he was ever killed. They had like what...10 years to plan this?

@GP, it was used.

Btw, I found it hilarious how many Americans were celebrating his death. Someone next door was blasting "Proud to be American" while there was a crowd of people outside of DC chanting "USA". The whole thing was so superficial lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
figured as much, i cant say i ever followed the political situations in america other than 'oh, new guy in power is black, cool'

also, the most recent conspiracy theory ive heard is that theres a small band of extremist leaders who were all not doing much other than bin ladens attack, and now hes been the killed the others are going to start wreaking havoc, not entirely sure if i agree though

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well we'll see what transpires from all of this. Here's another funny tid bit I found.

The death of Osama was announced on a night that the only national sporting event was New York-Philadelphia Sunday night baseball...the two cities most affected by the 9-11 attacks.

9th inning, score tied at 1-1. 9-1-1. New York-Pennsylvania. How does this happen???

Conspiracy Theories????

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Actually, the general consensus is, this death isn't doing much in terms of the impact it has on Al Qaeda. It would be foolish to think there are no successors or leaders planned to back up Osama if he was ever killed. They had like what...10 years to plan this?
Never said it ended the war. But it does force Al Qaeda to change things.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Sadly, I don't think the war on terror will ever end.
this
you can't possibly win a war against terror itself, this isn't the storyline to a cheesy video game.
I'm having my doubts on the death to be honest, its so random at this point. even though looking for him is supposed to be a top secret covert ops sort of deal absolutely nothing about him has been said in years and suddenly he was found and killed in a condition where they had to get his dna to confirm that its him. kind of sketch

completely irrelevant yet possible topic changing thing:
I got to meet Ryo at a tournament this past saturday, also got ***** by m2k but thats neither here nor there. he made m2k pause a game and jump out of his chair yelling "NO! THATS NOT FAIR! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!". I asked m2k if he wanted to do a random match for our pools match(just one) in order to make it entertaining for him because he was bored as ****, but he replied with "I only play metaknight" lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryo made M2K jump out of his chair and exclaim "not fair"?

also, i looked up the bracket, looks like Ryo lost to two diddies.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Ryo made M2K jump out of his chair and exclaim "not fair"?

also, i looked up the bracket, looks like Ryo lost to two diddies.
they started a match on delfino and he did something like a jab and then a pivot grab (I couldn't see it too well) and M2K freaked out

yeah, he lost to biglou and player-1
diddy is an agitating character

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Eh? Biglou dropped Weege? When did that happen? Or did he actually drop Weege?
Serperior's glare puts Weege's stare to shame.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Eh? Biglou dropped Weege? When did that happen? Or did he actually drop Weege?
Serperior's glare puts Weege's stare to shame.

Afaik, he didn't drop Luigi, he just doesn't use him in tourney. He was getting quite aggravated with some MUs, mainly the MK MU, so he picked up Diddy. He uses MK a bit too, but I've only seen that in friendlies, so I won't throw assumptions.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
diddy is just...annoying, you can see whats going to happen to you easily, but you cant do anything fast enough! same thing goes for falco, the amount of times a laser has turned me around and turned that b-air into a buffered fair are infinite

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thing I don't like about Falco is when I'm offstage. If you overshoot the ledge with Aether, you can get hit by a Laser, Reflector, and I've even taken various attacks I'm left to question. If you go to low, he can wait near the ledge and edge-hog. I can't remember the last time I've died from it, however, I take a load of damage before I get back onstage. I don't like to use QD unless I'm going to cancel it or I'm certain I'll get to the edge safely.
Oddly enough, the inverse is true for Falco: I love Falco when he's offstage. I can bait him onstage and punish with something big, and if he goes for the ledge, it's a stock.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you get hit by laser, you can grab the edge afterwards if it hits near the top. If it hits below immediate aether again. If Falco is trying to rely on his reflector just aether him, he's too close.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you get hit by laser, you can grab the edge afterwards if it hits near the top. If it hits below immediate aether again. If Falco is trying to rely on his reflector just aether him, he's too close.
Thanks. Does anyone know if our Jab beats Falco's grab range? I normally Jab1 and Jab2 on Falco's shield, and proven safe for the most part. I normally follow up with grab or walk away to bait something, or DA.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well first jab on shield is most definetely not safe, i should really do jab 2 before cancelling on shield, noe of my bad habits is suppose...
but jab 1 outranges almost every non tether grab in the game, i think only dedede and charizard outrange with normal grabs

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good news everyone!

I found out how to Wall CG characters where fthrow throws characters too high.

It's so simple people might already know.

I know it works on MK at least, easily.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Are you talking about in between two walls like the rock transformation of Pokémon Stadium 1 or just one wall like the fire transformation?

Also, Falco can grab your leg if you use Jab2.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
1 wall, and it's a throw to another grab.

Top Bottom