• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

camerino1

Smash Lord
I read something about Ike having an infinite, I don't look up a whole lot of stuff but that seems a bit much. If so, how? I know about his forward chain grab, but that stops for most characters at about 140-160.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ike doesn't technically have an infinite on any character. We can re-grab Squirtle after a grab release but obviously that involves moving forwards so it's not an infinite except against a tall enough wall but no legal stage has a wall that lasts indefinitely.

Maybe like a standing pivot-grab infinite on Wario if he's used his double-jump? I dunno, seems like even if that were possible it'd be ridiculously impractical. Nothing else even close to an infinite comes to mind.

:248:

camerino1

Smash Lord
Ahhh, alrighty that. I haven't ever played against another Ike before (that was even good enough to take off 1-stock). So all I have is what I teach myself, people either hate playing me because I'm so awkward, or destroy me (only 1 person can though)...

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
It's pretty f***ing hard too. I can't do it more than 5 times in a row. But it scares them :troll:
edit: it's a pivot grab infinite, he can't escape it if you have the right timing, even with his double-jump. release him, dash, pivot grab, rince, repeat.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We have to run under and pivot grab because the hitbox on our normal grab doesn't reach high enough. I think it's abouuuut a 2 frame leniency. But it's not AS bad as it sounds.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm, well it would still only work on certain stages. On Battlefield for example you'd have to initially grab him in the perfect spot between the platforms, and on Smashville the moving platform could screw it up.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
come to think of it. no one has an infinite that works on all legal stages.

btw, anyone been caught in that stupid mk dtilt infinite? that thing is so ********.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Plan to get the vid up tomorrow. Had to present one of my 3 projects building a bpm counting plethysmograph and help write an ~ 18 page report and portfolio.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That MK dtilt infinite doesn't work on Ike. He goes too far when he gets hit by the dtilt. And besides, if you SDI towards the ledge, MK won't be able to roll behind Ike and continue the lock.

The wario infinite it is frame perfect. You can buffer it i believe because that would be too fast so it's really hard to do. Ryo does it pretty consistently. The one where you have two frame window is a air release chain. You kinda just push the A-stick forward like you are walking and then wario is in a perfect place to grab again. Timing is easy for that one. He get a foot stool and/or Waft if you miss.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I just tested out of 8 credit hours of Spanish. All I know of Spanish is what I learned 5 years ago and haven't spoken since. All I did to prepare was look up verb conjugations for 5 minutes.

I'm so happy. 2 semesters and a couple thousand dollars traded for 30 minutes and 53 bucks.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Puedo usar Google para traducir una gran cantidad de idiomas.

No es perfecto, pero viable.
Well I speak French, not Spanish, but I got something along the lines of:

"Google can be used to translate a lot of languages; it's not perfect but it's feasible".

That's without using Google to translate of course.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
What Bleach has taught me:
People who speak Japanese live in heaven while people who speak Spanish live in hell.
Moreover, paradise is apparently medieval Japan while hell seems to be a modern day Mexican desert except with a lot of random domes.

They also speak Japanese in hell as well, it's just that they sometimes pepper their speech with Spanish phrases. For authenticity.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@san.:Thought you were turn around grabbing (that didn't make sense because your opponent would still be behind you). Are you buffering grabs or pivoting? Thanks & great find.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@san.:Thought you were turn around grabbing (that didn't make sense because your opponent would still be behind you). Are you buffering grabs or pivoting? Thanks & great find.

Boost pivot grab is the easiest method. You can run and quickly pivot grab but there's no guarantee you'll slide and it's harder.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I still have plans for it. College ***** me with plenty of work after spring break. Hopefully we can talk about it/play once I get back home.

The water camping thing isn't as great as I thought. I think the game forces higher hops like 3-4 times before the short portion. It's still funny. Aether in water will always be probably one of the best options in the water anyways when the person is above.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Thanks San for linking us the video.

I know someone who wins against Ike 100% of the time. He said he'll never lose to Ike. .-. What have I done...

BTW, I went to the tournament and took 3rd in doubles. In singles, I have to play the guy who wins against Ike 100% of the time next in bracket... >_> *sigh*

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh nice! I forgot today was Saturday! What character, let us give Mr. Doom quick tips!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Oh nice! I forgot today was Saturday! What character, let us give Mr. Doom quick tips!
Too late! He 2-0'd me. It's fine, really. He and I worked on the match-up something intense a long time ago. I took 7th. Then I played M2K. What a troll. -_-

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
my voice gives me super strength. but it also helps that i am wielding a giant sword

my hair fights for my friends

:D

:phone:

Top Bottom