• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes. It's pretty easy to do, and dunno why it hasn't spread before. You can do regular dash + pivot grab but it's very hard to do consistently compared to boost pivot grab.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wait, so how are these two things different from each other? It sounds like all you did was explain a boost pivot grab.
I don't think Dash > Pivot Grab is the equivalent of a Boost Pivot Grab. If I've got things straight, Boost pivot grab had a little more range.

Speaking of which, does Dash > shield + Control stick let-go > buffer turnaround grab function appropriately for any use? It slides me back a decent distance, but I haven't found any situations it could work better than or equal to pivot or boost pivot grabbing.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will post a video soon so you guys can see.

Basically, as long as we can bthrow them and they don't slide up away from the wall, it's all good.
I just need to test on every character. There may be some exceptions.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I seem to have lied. Some characters like Fox and Jigglypuff you need to be almost frame perfect (can't pivot grab when they are too low), while others are easier.

If you are quick enough, you can grab them before touching the ground.

I think this works on everyone.

MK at least is easy to do.

I'll probably have a vid up tomorrow or wednesday unless one of you guys already master it and is good at making vids.

@Red-X: It's a bit different. you don't really need to pivot grab, just turnaround grab.
Pit's also ends like ~60. Ike's staled Bthrow works until like around 120-130 on MK.
I
For practical use, aim to get 3-5 then end with jabs , utilt, or grab->bthrow->dash attack. It's really hard to do like 10 in a row. It's a nice easy 40-50+ %

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Only after they're in the tumble animation or something, which doesn't happen on our throws unless they are at high% and travel a good distance.

No matter the explanation, our fthrow and bthrow do not allow people to tech a wall right away, at least not at %s that matter.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also, bthrow will stale, so it will last on the wall for many more % if started earlier. It doesn't really matter since most of those walls (Rainbow Cruise ship wall, Multiple Delfino walls, some PS1/2 walls) are all temporary anyways.

boost pivot grab

Control Stick Foward + (Cstick down +Z) -> Control stick back

Buffering it on command is the hard part.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It snowed yesterday up here. No joke. I mean it didn't last long, and the snow didn't actually accumulate, but snow in May is weird even for Nova Scotia.

Guess I'm gonna have to learn to boost pivot grab now, never bothered cause there was never really a reason to. Nice find San, I'll check out the vid when you get it up.

:248:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Meh, I'm fine with it. I think it's a privilege to get all four seasons.

Won't get the vid in until like Friday at least.. Too many projects due soon. Making a plethysmograph and simulating Pokemon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's cool. I'm feeling a bit lazy to not go either, but because the venue is like a 20 minute walk from me, that would be pretty sad on my part if I didn't go.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So apparently that invasion before may have been a precursor to smashboards getting hacked...

Nah.

Anyway, I tried the infinite briefly last night and it really does work. The buffer seems kinda hard to do, though...I kept running into the wall at times (tried this on RC's ship) @.@

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We're not yet sure who exactly is behind the site getting hacked and other than to tell you guys there may be a few leads we have, I can't disclose much more than that at the moment. More importantly, we don't think it should happen again, the admins and Agoras took measures to make sure it doesn't. However, the search function is temporarily out of commission and some devs are working to fix that now.

Also, I would suggest that anyone who has access to private forums (such as the BBR) change your password. It may not be necessary as we're pretty sure the hackers did not have malicious intent, but it can't hurt to be safe either. And for that matter, anyone who uses the same password on SWF as they do on other websites or e-mail may want to change it as well.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh, so that was the reason for SWF being under "maintenance" huh? Interesting. PSN is hacked first, and now SWF...that's just dandy.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cool, good matches. You seemed a little nervous, less willing to be daring lol.

I have replays of me doing the bthrow CG in matches. Tomorrow or Friday I will compile them and make a video.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Only if you like the risk of losing your GPA to a hacker.
I'm safe w.r.t that. I have the transcript to prove my GPA. and I don't have any SS or credit card for them to take advantage off of it. so yeah, it'll be fun to see hackers actually modifying their own GPA to a better one. wonder if that ever happened before.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
That's my tagname and Ike in the background in all of his six colors.

Got the idea from here. pretty cool pic if you ask me.

Dash attack seems right. that's the only relevant ground move in which he holds his sword with both hands.

Top Bottom