• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

I don't come on SmashBoards for 3 days and find the ike boards jumped 15 pages ahead. I thought somebody won a big tournament or something or a new tech was discovered. But no it was just the SmashBoards trolls.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
LOL.

I think everyone should master the timing for aerial QD where the QD cancels the lag (slightly above the ground). It seems very useful.
'Been doing that for a little while. It helps me cover more ground than just running. And... I noticed that you released a video perhaps two months into me releasing one regarding QD, yet we didn't link our vids together. I wonder what's the reasoning behind that.

In case you're interested, more episodes of my LP are being uploaded right now. But my internet connection is slow so you'll have to wait for a long while before they are uploaded.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive been using the QD cancel as an alternate method to land killing b-air, like if on battlefield we're both stand under a platform, ill run os im next to the platform, full hop qd cancel onto it, and then just sorta freefall off the side, and it works so many times it actually hurts

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
'Been doing that for a little while. It helps me cover more ground than just running. And... I noticed that you released a video perhaps two months into me releasing one regarding QD, yet we didn't link our vids together. I wonder what's the reasoning behind that.

In case you're interested, more episodes of my LP are being uploaded right now. But my internet connection is slow so you'll have to wait for a long while before they are uploaded.

Yeah, you had your vid and I watched it. I made the vid because Nysyarc said there was a lot of lag after QD. I wasn't actually portraying the options out of QD, just proving that there's less lag.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I like going to the other side of the field of FD and charging QD against Ganondorf. It good that QD beats gerudo and falcon's sideB.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I like going to the other side of the field of FD and charging QD against Ganondorf. It good that QD beats gerudo and falcon's sideB.
not to be mean, but that ganon player cant be very good if they dont know that you can just shield/dodge/jump and then be able to punish with an fsmash XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yeah, you had your vid and I watched it. I made the vid because Nysyarc said there was a lot of lag after QD. I wasn't actually portraying the options out of QD, just proving that there's less lag.
I guess we got our points out in our own way.

Ugh, I'm annoyed. I want to find a suitable site that allows me to upload animating gifs. Just recently found out that the site I frequent requires that you have an upgraded account to upload animating gifs.

Hmm. I think I may have found another site. Hopefully it works. >_>
Edit: It does. My next batch of LP Episodes are up. I stopped playing the game because of what happened at the end of the last Episode I uploaded. Swimmin' in salt, now.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
not to be mean, but that ganon player cant be very good if they dont know that you can just shield/dodge/jump and then be able to punish with an fsmash XD

QD stall was what I was talking about. I won't be sitting there if I see Ganon coming via jumping; QD boosts me of to the other side fast enough to put all of Ganon's jumping to waste.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
It was imageshack. They supported animating gifs until March of this year, I suppose. But I found a different site called "imgur". We'll see how long this image below me lasts.

Imageshack was nice, until they got hacked a while back. Now they are being more totalitarian about every image uploaded. Even a well developed panty shot of Youmu is considered "offensive", yet back in the day you could get away with alot of things.
don't ask, it was a wallpaper at the time
Now you gotta sign up to their crappy service just to even use direct links also. I'll just stick to photobucket now k thnkx XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive always used photobucket, never had any problems XD

also, i woulda thought if gaon SHAD's he wont get punished by it

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I switched to imgur after imageshack had its freakout. I don't like photobucket for resizing my pictures/making gifs look lame.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Imageshack was nice, until they got hacked a while back. Now they are being more totalitarian about every image uploaded.
Oh... So that's what happened... And they probably just used that as an excuse to stop supporting animating gifs unless you pay for their service. Meh, look at me speculating.

Anyway... There's a tournament close to my location that will be happening this coming weekend (May 7). I've been telling people that I don't want to go to this tournament. But then I ran across a dilemma. M2K pops up, and now everyone wants Holms and me to beat his team in doubles. They think that we'll give him a run for his money.

They've forced my hand... What do you guys think?

Until next time,

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, do you think you can beat his team? because if you do then you really should go, everyone loves it when m2k gets wrecked.

but if you dont want to go then you dont want to go and no-one can force that

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jason said that he's not as good as he used to be since he considered quitting, the last time I got to talk to him. Nonetheless, he's still a god. It's pretty much team dependent, but I think you've got a chance.

Quite actually, I've seen him at three tourneys since his temporary stay in GA, and I've only played him in doubles friendlies a few times. Haven't been able to ask for a 1v1, even when nobody was with him at a station :urg:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think Jabs are useless. Nair is for scrubs. Ikes with sympathy exist. I most definitely will not prepare myself.

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I can't 4-5 stock a level 9 I get sad.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'm not too keen on the MU myself... Watch out for Utilt juggling at low %s, FSmash at kill %s, Nair's long-lasting (but strangely powerful) hitbox.... That's about all I can offer.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
the stage thread was run by kimchi and he quit brawl.. kinda.. but he quit that thread before he quit brawl :p.. sorry i been gone guys.. TAKS week and AP exams coming up and my computer is getting fixed cause it crashes soooo it gave me time to play wifi more XD haha oh boy fun fun.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good Luck on AP exams

Luigi: Pretty much space retreating nairs and jabs. Learn to jab Luigi's air dodges. If you get caught in the air, get out and do retreating nair.
When jabbing luigi, if he pops up higher than usual, shield the predictable aerial and jab again/grab. If luigi gets too close, feel free to dash away/bair.

Kimchi is coming to my college so hopefully he won't be quitting any time soon.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Ugh, AP exams. Don't remind me. I have small cold/fever/whatever and its my allergy season. I would HATE having to take an AP exam under those conditions. I'm taking AP Calc AB cause I'm too stupid for BC. Oh and if anyone cares, I'm going to Stony Brook.

Thanks for the Luigi MU info. The one I played against liked to go for an UpB KO most of the time. I managed to shield most of it though.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i have AP exam for computer science on tuesday which should be pretty easy and AP physics B exam next thursday T_T.. next year i will have AP physics C and AP calculus BC

theeboredone

Smash Legend
the stage thread was run by kimchi and he quit brawl.. kinda.. but he quit that thread before he quit brawl :p.. sorry i been gone guys.. TAKS week and AP exams coming up and my computer is getting fixed cause it crashes soooo it gave me time to play wifi more XD haha oh boy fun fun.
You're always gone for one reason or another....we're used to it lol.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
APs are really easy so you got this.

No sympathy for Bin Laden.

Top Bottom