• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Okay so Leon (who knows the ike match-up way too well) keeps Fsmashing tipper my aether, and it's really painful. So I have yet another question for you Ikes, and in particular to Mr.Doom:
do you think we can SDI the fsmash into the stage/ledge to tech?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It's possible, yes. Just make sure to buffer the input to tech the wall as you SDI into it. Also, if your damage is too low, you probably won't be able to bounce off the wall.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If you have your c-stick set to anything but Smash (I don't know if this is true for B-sticking), you won't be able to SDI with the c-stick.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Yah I know that, I was wondering if using only SDI (as opposed to what you'd call SDI and TDI) would be sufficient to SDI a move like Marth's Fsmash. Hopefully I'll find out anyway XD

thanks for the help

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
This is how I deal with that:

If you're playing on a stage where you can slide along a slanted edge with Aether (SV or BF for example), go under it if he's standing at tipper FSmash range and hit him with the Aether before grabbing the ledge. Should be able to reach him. If he's standing away from the ledge but ready to walk up and do the FSmash, do the Aether so you're above the ledge at the apex but below it during startup frames.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Oh, wait! Hold up! For some reason I thought you were talking about Falco, probably because I assumed that Leon plays Falco. You can't SDI Marth's tipper Fsmash. But if you were getting hit by another move, then my above statements hold true.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Okay, so I just tried to do that QD cancel on FD's ledge....and I have no idea how it works @.@ Someone care to explain?

Also, I'm finding it really easy to SJR with Bair...Might try it out in some matches with my crewmates.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Ponies get no points from me for not posting a pic I found with the show that will always get me to laugh. They stay neutral to me. I actually found the invasion entertaining, but annoying that the pages kept extending themselves. =/

I forgot to ask. In my small tourney at Anime Boston, I lost to a Luigi. Me being very inexperienced in almost all MUs, can someone explain to me the Luigi MU?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Okay, so I just tried to do that QD cancel on FD's ledge....and I have no idea how it works @.@ Someone care to explain?

Also, I'm finding it really easy to SJR with Bair...Might try it out in some matches with my crewmates.
ermm, im not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean about ledge-snapping instantly?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Learned some cool moves a little while ago.

I have been testing out approaching with out of shield bair. Just testing out the usefulness of this. It adds a whopping 1 frame extra to turn around before shielding.

Also, I think Ike is a lot better in the water than I thought. It's really simple but I don't really see other Ikes abuse this.

If we jump+aerial as close as possible, we short hop an aerial with very little water lag. We don't go very high either, so we can basically spam all of our aerials. Bair and Uair become especially useful, and Dair isn't that risky to use on someone anymore.

An easy way to test this is to go into the water, and Hold up/down and mash A+Jump (preferrably X/Y) for uair/dair, since order doesn't really matter much in the water as long as you're mashing A fast enough.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You finished your SMRPG LP already?
No, not yet. I'm halfway done, but I'm going to take a different approach at it from now on. I just do the other LPs with my buddies. I guess you can call them LPs, since there's audio from the players. >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:| i will never forget the day in Mario Party 5 where i was winning with 18 stars and on the last turn... efing chance star switch

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Kprime should run a no-items challenge and see how unskillful the game is.
Ussi gets no sympathy for thinking these are the Pikachu boards.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I never hear that, Brett. I never hear someone put AM/PM before the saying, usually 10 in the morning/at night etc.

Hey Ryo and Redx stop lurking at 3AM.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
LOL.

I think everyone should master the timing for aerial QD where the QD cancels the lag (slightly above the ground). It seems very useful.

Top Bottom