• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
By the way, the bthrow CG on rainbow cruise may be a 0 death for lighter characters.

After ~64-68% (on MK at least), fully stale bthrow throws light characters above the ship. However, since bthrow is stale, they don't go very far, allowing us to easily bair or (maybe, not 100% sure) even upwards ftilt. On RC, ftilt should be instant death. I think we have ~18 frames or so leeway after bthrow at middle %s and ftilt hits on frame 18, but landing on the ship may affect the timing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
bthrow cg? i know bthrow into the ship keeps them below, but can we grab them n the right directino again before they can move?, ive been away a bit, it appears ive missed important stuff

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6uVaRpC_8Q

Just a rough video. Really only highlights locations and that it can be done on a variety of characters.

Bthrow gives us around 18 frames to do something to people (dash attack hits on frame 18)

Leaving us:

dash attack, jab, dsmash, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, bair, maybe dair (extra jumping frames?)

Jab is good because on walls we can time jab1 over and over again. And there's jab to utilt or another grab.

Utilt is good because it can kill.

Ftilt is decent but they bounce off the wall.

Bair they might be too low to hit except for floaties.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well whenever i get them against a wall like the ship on Rc, i tend to jsut throw and then constant jab cancel. so i think ill stick to doing that, seeing as i cant boost pivot grab XD

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I never learned how to use silverware, so I'll just eat this spaghetti with my hands and face.

My family is planning a snorkeling trip, but I don't know how to swim, so I'll just look at the top of the water from a boat.

I'm planning dinner with a really cute girl, but I don't know how to make anything good, so I'll put candles on the table and feed her Ramen.

^That's what you sound like.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'd probably do a mix of both. Jab on the wall still *****. Takes timing and a little risk if you delay to prevent them from SDIing out.

Also, we can bthrow CG heavier characters on the top part of the mountain transformation at PS1 (worked on sheik and snake anyways).

Also, "boost" pivot grab is the exact same thing as a pivot grab, you just hit cstick at the same time as grab. To prevent messing up, focus on hitting Z/Grab before cstick because you don't really need to boost necessarily, but just get behind them (Regular Z methods doesn't always work) where boost pivot grab works 100%

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, had a feeling it was at least 4 frames.

So all in all, it helps us on

Delfino
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Port town aero dive.

Delfino and PS1 are common Ike CPs. RC we frequently get counterpicked to. Picto and PTAD, we're already decent there.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hope that helps the videogame industry from being anything better than very unstable.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes, because Psychology, Astronomy, Mathematics, Cultural Studies, Economics, Foreign Languages, Geography, Government, and History = cut your wrists.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh, good to know. I'll have to inform the majority of my friends about this a.s.a.p. so they can begin the wrist cutting.

:248:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Actually, I was just saying that because of how no one respects liberal arts majors at Penn State. >_>
I thought it's kind of like that everywhere.

Hotelies lol.

@ Blu

Yes, it took me a few hours to really get it down. I mess up much more rarely, now.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Why does no one SDI your Jab?

Is it too hard/impossible, or do people just... not?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
We can also combat walk out of it.

Humans can only SDI so far when we mix up timing. I've had people try to DI out of jabs but I just delay the jab cancel.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
So it's possible within the games physics to SDI the jabs out of range?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's pretty easy to do if the Ike jabs very fast. It's pretty difficult if all he's going to do is jab1-2-3 or you get stuck in a combat walk.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If someone gets hit by the punch of jab, and then subsequently misses the kicking portion, the animation proceeds directly back to the punch animation.

It slowly moves Ike forward, so it's hard to get out, and Ike can still mix up jab timings and jab cancels to make it even harder

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just got out of the dentist's office. One hour and fifty minutes. Four cavities. Drill sound was horribly irritating, gosh.

All I could think of was Jabbing the dentist, Ftilting the drill, and Fsmashing my cavities.
My face is complete numbness :(

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
or just stop fsmashing cavities, it dont fix 'em
toothbrush instead
i happily hold my title of the only uk smashers who hasnt needed some kind of work done to their teeth...then again thats a godsend, because i couldnt handle the needles they would use to numb my jaw XD

Top Bottom