• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Hi Ike mains, your topic ecuation seems to be right, as the max value of skill you will ever get is 1, but yep, Ike is a horrible character that takes little skill :troll: so the ecuation must be right.

Also if you had 0 sympathy your skill would not be defined in Real numbers so you would tecnically have no skill
The trollface cries in the face of such terrible trolling.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
It is undefined because you cannot grasp the true skill of no sympathy Ikes.

Also I bought this game last weekend titled 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Pretty good and it also plays like a visual novel. It was playing mind games with me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
is holmes the best wolf in america then?
we have a wolf here, but he rarely goes to tournaments, and when he does go its to use samus, which is significantly better

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
It is undefined because you cannot grasp the true skill of no sympathy Ikes.

Also I bought this game last weekend titled 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Pretty good and it also plays like a visual novel. It was playing mind games with me.
999 is my 2nd favorite DS game ever (behind Radiant Historia). Soooo good. I won't say much though cuz you really should just play the game and experience it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You have to be quick with the pivot grab or you will run into the wall. You can regular pivot grab, but there is a chance you won't slide at all.

Went to a tournament today.

Wasn't a brawl tournament, it was a tournament for bots that simulated pokemon in a computer science course. It was our final project. There were 18 teams. My bot managed to win =)

The mvp? Jigglypuff. Sweet justice.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Maybe I'm inputting it wrong. How do you boost pivot grab again? Was it Dash > Control stick+Cstick in opposite direction+shield?
Dash + C-stick down simultaneously, followed by flick the control stick the other way + grab.

If you try that a few times on a flat stage you'll know when you get it right because dust will shoot up behind Ike and you'll slide about twice as far as you do for a regular pivot grab. I find it's easier to buffer boost pivot grabs than to input them normally, so doing it in rhythm during the Bthrow CG isn't too hard once you get the timing.

:248:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just to let people know that I pulled off the bthrow CG multiple times in matches without messing up, so it is doable once you master the timing so you can do it even when nervous.

It's not required to do it perfectly enough to get the full slide. You just have to make sure you slide at all, really. That makes it even easier.

@Mr. Doom
All the pokemon's data were read off of text files. They were only a subgroup of the first 150 and they had custom stats.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Wasn't a brawl tournament, it was a tournament for bots that simulated pokemon in a computer science course. It was our final project. There were 18 teams. My bot managed to win =)

The mvp? Jigglypuff. Sweet justice.
Forgot to ask if your bot showed any sympathy.

Dash + C-stick down simultaneously, followed by flick the control stick the other way + grab.

If you try that a few times on a flat stage you'll know when you get it right because dust will shoot up behind Ike and you'll slide about twice as far as you do for a regular pivot grab. I find it's easier to buffer boost pivot grabs than to input them normally, so doing it in rhythm during the Bthrow CG isn't too hard once you get the timing.

Thanks I'll need to practice that sometime.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
@San: :/ Oh well. At least #148 was in there.

@Nysyarc: I don't mean to sound like a pest, but was there any word from Raziek? BTW, I checked your profile, and it reminded me that you have a mac. Were you ever able to get ZDoom to run on your mac?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
@Nysyarc: I don't mean to sound like a pest, but was there any word from Raziek? BTW, I checked your profile, and it reminded me that you have a mac. Were you ever able to get ZDoom to run on your mac?
He says that it's doubtful at the moment, but he honestly doesn't know one way or the other. I told him you were wondering about it so he'll probably just let you know directly if he's gonna go or not. Maybe. If not I'll pass it along.

And unfortunately no, I haven't, although to be honest I never really tried very hard. It got confusing fast with all the stuff I had to download, install, files to move, rename, etc... and I kind of gave up. Then I found out you can download Doom and Doom II for XBox.

I can give it a shot again, I still would prefer to have Doom on my laptop instead of just my XBox (plus obviously the XBox version is very limited in certain respects...).

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I can now Bthrow CG if the wall is on my right, but I can't if it's on my left. My thumb isn't as fast from right to left than it is from left to right. :v

Apropos of hugging the wall and CG, does anyone know what it does to grab an opponent while being really close to the wall, then pummeling, thus automatically ground releasing him? Like, does one of the character have frame advantage or something?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
He says that it's doubtful at the moment, but he honestly doesn't know one way or the other. I told him you were wondering about it so he'll probably just let you know directly if he's gonna go or not. Maybe. If not I'll pass it along.

And unfortunately no, I haven't, although to be honest I never really tried very hard. It got confusing fast with all the stuff I had to download, install, files to move, rename, etc... and I kind of gave up. Then I found out you can download Doom and Doom II for XBox.

I can give it a shot again, I still would prefer to have Doom on my laptop instead of just my XBox (plus obviously the XBox version is very limited in certain respects...).

*sigh* Oh well...

It's unfortunate that you can't port ZDoom to XBox. I'll look into it once again.

Edit: I think I found something. Check this link out: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19321
I'll look into it some more. I don't have a mac, so I can't be too sure. I do know that you need a copy of Doom and/or Doom II if you want to play those on your mac. At least that's what it's like for my PCs.

Edit2: I suppose you need to download zdoom-2.5.0.dmg. The SVN builds aren't really necessary at the moment.
Then... I ran into easier instructions. http://zdoom.org/wiki/Installation_and_execution_of_ZDoom

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ah, sweet. That's something I can help you with. Sign onto AIM.

Edit: I guess I can send you a PM regarding the information.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah, sweet. That's something I can help you with. Sign onto AIM.

Edit: I guess I can send you a PM regarding the information.

Working perfectly! Both Doom and Doom 2. My Terminal keeps telling me that it can't play non-ZDoom demos because it would de-sync, lol. I'm assuming it means the demo clips that usually run in the background during the menus.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yeah, that's what the terminal is whining about. I have that same problem (well, it really isn't a problem, unless you really want to see the old demos). 'Still don't know how to make demos for ZDoom, though.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yo san, I was in Rochester today and yesterday! I will return sometime in the fall too.

I played Jesse for a good amount in melee, I learned a lot. Next time I visit, you should go to RIT...I will play brawl!!! :)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I played Brawl today after... I don't know how much time not playing it.

It was awesome-- I didn't have any awful habits that kept coming up.

Oh and I saved a video where I countered my opponent 5 times in a row in a ditto $1MM. Super trolling ftw. I countered the first and last hits of Aether successively (he super armored the first counter, LOL).

Top Bottom