• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Omari

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: thought processes & trolling=awesome-sauce. Maybe I used the wrong terms but this is funny, reminds me when the Mario boards made fun of my bold/italic/underline/etc text (they still do every now & then actually).

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I use Mario's nair OoS like... all the time x3 I should take a look at the mario boards XD

Yeah, here too people try to automatically play the first match on SV... I like SV but I'll still strike it against those who feel WAY too comfortable on it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I use Mario's nair OoS like... all the time x3 I should take a look at the mario boards XD

Yeah, here too people try to automatically play the first match on SV... I like SV but I'll still strike it against those who feel WAY too comfortable on it.
yeah i noticed that at dogusch...so annoying because i hate sv XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
What about SV do you hate? Is it the fact that people go there a lot or is it some other factor I am not aware of?

BTW, for anyone who wants to kill some time by playing a FPS, try my modded doom levels. (PM me) You'll rage-quit when you hit level 8.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, in the uk im usually going to battlefield, among our very top players we have marth, falco, snake and countless olimars. we tend to go to bf, but im better on it than them, conversely, theyre better on every other stage XD
i went to europe, and everyone was saying 'sv first game?' in broken english to me...every...game...
i dont hate it much, i jsut like going bf first game XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
@Yagami: You're not old.

@AN(M)ist: Only after you've beaten the game once on any difficulty. >( But I didn't disable cheats anyway.
But...why would you want to use IDDQD? My levels aren't impossible. But I do have some levels specifically to counter IDDQD.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
20 aint old
well...for a brawler it is, but yknow XD

ive yet to turn 18, make the change in august...goddamn

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I stopped counting after I turned 18. It takes me about ten seconds to remember how old I am.

And mine's on the 30th of July, in case anyone cares.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Happy birthday Light! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXO_5e8oO0

lol Brett sure does love his pies. Funny thing is that earlier today in my Calc class we watched a debate about which number is better: Pi or e. It was laid out like: Pi/e and also made me a little bit hungry because it was right before lunch.

It sounds like it can get annoying going to SV first match in tourney matches. I was asked if it would be okay to go to SV first match at the Anime Boston tourney.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Sigh, just lost a wifi match to a DDD on Delfino. Was leading the whole match until an input got screwed up and I ate a fully charged FSmash for it....then I somehow got pinned to a wall and 0-death'd ._. Not even mad, but it was depressing to watch.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah, today was quite awesome except for all of the tests I had. "It's my birthday!" is not an acceptable excuse to get out of an exam.

Thanks a lot for the warm wishes, guys. I just realized that I've been on SWF for over 3 years. Here's to many more!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I've played entire sets on SV at times. I use platform canceling to help me escape my opponents or allow me to perform attacks faster than usual. If you platform cancel near the edge of the platform, you can immediately run off it and perform a fast-fall b-air. I usually hit the opponent or their shield. Escaping with platform canceling is the same method, only I do it when the platform is near the ledge. So, when I drop down and b-air my opponent, he or she gets forced to the ledge, putting me at an advantage. That's my 2 cents on Smashville.

Plus, people just want to get the match started without the stage-striking procedure, so Smashville is the most commonly picked stage to start the first game.

camerino1

Smash Lord
WOOT, I'm only 17... I feel so young on this site. It's the pie of the tiger, it's the thrill of the bite. Rising up the the tastiest of apples. And when the last known of pie eaters stalks his prey in the night, he is going to eat all of it, tastes just like heaven.

So ya, I was in a tournament and beat a Snake with Ike, then lost to his Shiek with Ike. Then he beat my Falco with Marth because I froze. First tournament jitters. I had him beat, he had 1 stock and I had 3. But oh well, I need human practice so badly.

Top Bottom