• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
:<

fine, you get a totally useless information for this: ike's Fair locks at really low %, apparently around 5% (try it and you'll see :I).
useless because there's basically no scenario in which we could Fair an opponent who have failed to tech while still having under 10% :troll: too bad.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
:useless because there's basically no scenario in which we could Fair an opponent who have failed to tech while still having under 10%.
Not to mention we probably couldn't follow it up with anything. Jabs might come out just fast enough but I doubt it, and we'd have to be at the right spacing too.

:248:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
If you throw one of Diddy's bananas at him at 0% from above and then Fair immediately afterward, you should get that lock, right? Not such an impossible situation there, I always end up in that situation since a Diddy will always want to pull out bananas as soon as the match starts >.>

Edit: Is that even the same "downed" position as missing a tech? I remember noticing that not all states where a character is lying on the ground are the same when trying out the MK Dtilt infinite.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I tested the fair lock back when we were talking about the platform slip thing. I think you need to fair at the tip or it won't do anything.

There wasn't much to note of it, so I dismissed it. Jab is much better for damage potential.

I also like Diddy's bananas because nair combos into banana throw. That's why I like catching Diddy's bananas with nair.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
:<

fine, you get a totally useless information for this: ike's Fair locks at really low %, apparently around 5% (try it and you'll see :I).
useless because there's basically no scenario in which we could Fair an opponent who have failed to tech while still having under 10% :troll: too bad.
Wario Grab at low percentages -> air release -> footstool -> ff Fair ->fsmash

the more you know~

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Genius said:
Wario Grab at low percentages -> air release -> footstool -> ff Fair ->fsmash

the more you know~
damn Oo I'm not too sure about the fsmash but jab is definitly doable. I'll try it in friendlies.

EDIT: tried it training, I think you have to buffer the jump or else the Fair will hit him too late after he's hit ground and it won't lock.
Apparently: Jab works, regrab works, hyphen smash works, Ftilt works, Fsmash works. Depending on where he lands obviously.
I can see that being really useful on delfino, or anywhere near the blastzone, or when the wario has left his bike onstage because he thinks he won't need it @ low percent... thus leaving him to recover from an fsmash without it :D sounds fun.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
While we're on the subject of Wario, I knocked the fattie offstage, picked up his bike, tossed it upward, fully-charged f-smash, lagged on the bike as it came down, and hit Wario as he recovered. I ended up losing in the end because the wind on PictoChat blew me offstage while I did a nair.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
While we're on the subject of Wario, I knocked the fattie offstage, picked up his bike, tossed it upward, fully-charged f-smash, lagged on the bike as it came down, and hit Wario as he recovered. I ended up losing in the end because the wind on PictoChat blew me offstage while I did a nair.
this is almost as bad as inputting a jab onstage but getting pushed off stage in the process of the jab coming out and instead getting a Nair as you fall off the stage

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kinda random Q, but can we not do anything out of when Zelda/Shiek are transforming? Feels like they have invincibility frames the whole way through.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
They are invincible while transforming, but have some lag when appearing before being able to do anything.

@Brettster It happens... And that's still an easy 35%.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Kinda random Q, but can we not do anything out of when Zelda/Shiek are transforming? Feels like they have invincibility frames the whole way through.
Yeah, we can do something on them as soon as the transformation ends, but be wary that they still carry invincibility frames if they just dropped from the angel pad. If they drop down from the pad and use down-b, they'll still be invincible after the transformation ends.

@Brettster It happens... And that's still an easy 35%.
Not if they already know about it and have seen it for themselves several times. *shrugs*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, but whats teh chances of them seeing it on the first time you do it? im sure as **** going to have a go when i get the chance.

whenever they transform, i try to time the laggy hits of usmash at the end to get them as the invincibility ends, tends to work, but we dont have any avid sheik/zelda users in the uk, a few people use zelda, but only i use sheik XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah the window of opportunity is pretty small... quite a bit smaller than when PT switches Pokemon as far as I can tell, although I've never actually looked up the frame data. I just seem to always be able to land an easy smash or Jab on PT switches but Zelda/Sheik always seem able to power shield my attempts at the last instant and then punish with w/e they want.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We can, and I've done it, but if you're off by even a couple frames (which is more likely than being successful) you could end up eating a lot of damage. Plus they shouldn't be initiating the change when you're close enough to Fsmash them anyways.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't find a problem in attacking PT out of their change ups. Smash attack or jab...there's a good enough window to hit them. I have yet to hit Zelda though.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
wait, just a random zelda/sheik switch? I rarely miss hitting that with any aerial or smash attack..

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
wait, just a random zelda/sheik switch? I rarely miss hitting that with any aerial or smash attack..
Yah but you're the exception to everything, lol.

My main problem is that it always seems to take a different amount of time, and I've never bothered to watch the animation carefully to see what it does right before it finishes. No local Zelda/Sheik mains here and they aren't very common anywhere else either, so I figure there's not much point.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I mean, it really shouldn't be that hard and if I actually bothered to get used to the animation I could probably get the hang of it in no time... but I don't see much point. I still manage to hit them like 50% of the time, and the situation doesn't come up very often anyways.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The closest I've played to doom was Shadow Warrior for the PC. You no mess with Lo Wang.

It's probably because a zelda-sheik player is the only person at my university that I play most in brawl. There are some casual Ganons, Captain falcons, and marths who are pretty decent for casual players.

I doubt I could hit PT as easily as some of you guys because I never ever play against him, for instance.

Anyways. My final Computer Science Project we are simulating Pokemon. Me and my partner helped set up the game rules that communicates with a server. I then created the bot that chooses and battles pokemon.

I named him Meta Knight.

Combined, we probably wrote close to 2000 lines of code.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Combined, we probably wrote close to 2000 lines of code.
The funny part, and one of the first things I learned in my programming course is that there is almost always a way to simplify your code. I'll bet if you keep studying further into programming, a couple months from now you could re-write that in 300-400 lines.

I wrote a very simple original game for a command prompt using almost 3000 lines of code, and then 4 months later I used what I'd learned and essentially made the exact same game, but with some improvements, using exactly 278 lines.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It was made in a functional language called Objective Caml. Ocaml doesn't work that way. My partner took and edited my rules prototype. His was 1500 lines combined for the mutable state module as well as the rules file.

The bot for me took 500 lines. I could cut it in half, but I wanted it to be easy to read, so I was liberal in the amount of lines used.

Basically, it constantly checks how much damage both parties can do each turn and decides to attack/switch/use item.

Many different variations of damage calculation: raw damage, and "points" with bonus multiplier for high accuracy or a status effect.

Actions dependent on highest damage enemy could inflict.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i always seem to be able to hit out of the transforming animations, might be PAL or something...
also, pausing the game mkes the transformations happen faster, same thing happens for stage changes on castle seige. but the replays lag if you do that

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So I was just messing around with that Bthrow CG against a wall and I realized we can do it to Bowser up until 170% without even having to pivot grab, let alone boost pivot grab. As long as you grab him with your back directly to the wall you can Bthrow him against it, turn around and instantly do a standing grab to get him again. Rinse repeat. Works on all the low walls too. And at the end if he misses the tech (it stops at exactly 170% if Bthrow is fully stale) it's a guaranteed Usmash for the KO.

As if that MU wasn't easy enough as it is.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Awesome. On DK, we can small walk and then turnaround grab.

We can also set up into this for fthrow, I believe. Lots of characters slide above walls when you fthrow right at the wall, but not for the fthrow into the wall. If there's a wall pretty close, we may be able to fthrow to boost pivot grab if we're close enough. I'm not sure if jab on the wall ->pivot grab is perfectly reliable but that can be used as a mixup.

Ike is probably one of the most dangerous characters near walls.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Well... He did want to MM me and said that he has Ike experience. I didn't get a chance to play him at MLG Dallas. I was hoping I could be able to make it up by attending Brainshock Beta.

Tell him I have little Marth experience, but I'm not afraid of a challenge.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hi Ike mains, your topic ecuation seems to be right, as the max value of skill you will ever get is 1, but yep, Ike is a horrible character that takes little skill :troll: so the ecuation must be right.

Also if you had 0 sympathy your skill would not be defined in Real numbers so you would tecnically have no skill

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh yeah? Well, uh, what's this?
<----???? :glare:

I'm not good at opposition. No sympathy.

Top Bottom