• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
wtf do you have against the Eagles? D:
I'm a Packers/Giants fan that grew up in NJ.
Well it makes perfect sense to hold that against the Eagles... it's obviously their fault you grew up in NJ. :glare:

This is the one thing I dislike about NFL football. There's so much respect between players but so much hate between fans.

Edit: Btw, thread title is win.
For the Bears.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well it makes perfect sense to hold that against the Eagles... it's obviously their fault you grew up in NJ. :glare:

This is the one thing I dislike about NFL football. There's so much respect between players but so much hate between fans.

Edit: Btw, thread title is win.
For the Bears.

You don't keep up with the sports news do you? Football is probably the worst when it comes to mutual respect between players. A lot of trash talking happens, but when it's over the media, you know there's some hate going on.

Fans will always hate each other, so I could care less about that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Football has some nasty regional bias.. Philly is not a place to be if you are wearing a jersey for a football team not named Eagles

some families turn on each other cause of it

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The worst was the whole LeBron James fiasco with Cleveland. It's like if San dropped Ike to go main MK. We'd never want him back.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I think there's more respect than hate when most trash talking happens though...Except when it's the Jets. Sweet Jeebus, the Jets...And when someone says something stupid when they mean to trash talk, like that one Falcons player (supposedly) making fun of New Orleans.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A lot of players called out Jay Cutler when he sprained his MCL for not trying to play through it. One of them coming from a guy who sat out the two most important games of the season for his team a year or two back cause of a knee injury as well LOL. Then after he got criticized for it, he said he was "joking". So stupid.

Roller

Smash Legend
Oh, you thought that was hate?
Nonononono. No.

You have it all wrong. That is strong dislike. I'm a UM student. So if you want to talk about hate in football. I am part of the biggest rivalry in all of sports.

F*** OSU

EDIT for not enough emphasis on
F*** OSU!!!!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, okay, i think american footy takes the cake for player hatred
but over here, players hate other players so much-EVEN THEIR TEAMATES-that they sleep with their wives
funny stuff, funny stuff

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
zomfg BS I havent seen you in FOREVER
Just noticed this.

How did you find me? D: My super-duper-special-awesome cloak is supposed to mask me from any namesearching and people who aren't Ike mains.

A lot of players called out Jay Cutler when he sprained his MCL for not trying to play through it. One of them coming from a guy who sat out the two most important games of the season for his team a year or two back cause of a knee injury as well LOL. Then after he got criticized for it, he said he was "joking". So stupid.
If you ask me, Cutler brought that on himself by standing on the sidelines the entire time. If you're hurt, at least sit down and make it look like you're hurt. Standing around isn't gonna make the coaches give you the okay to head back in.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
They funny thing is: even with all of this hate that springs from American Football, Canadians are even more into Hockey than the US is into Football, NASCAR, and Baseball combined (More people in Canada watched the Gold Medal Olympic Hockey game than Americans watched the Superbowl, final NASCAR event of the season, and the last game of the World Series combined.).

You can imagine how intense hockey team arguments can get. >_>

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
They funny thing is: even with all of this hate that springs from American Football, Canadians are even more into Hockey than the US is into Football, NASCAR, and Baseball combined (More people in Canada watched the Gold Medal Olympic Hockey game than Americans watched the Superbowl, final NASCAR event of the season, and the last game of the World Series combined.).

Watch Hockey more for the unscripted bloodshed XD You know someone is always gonna get screwed over at least once in each match.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh, you thought that was hate?
Nonononono. No.

You have it all wrong. That is strong dislike. I'm a UM student. So if you want to talk about hate in football. I am part of the biggest rivalry in all of sports.

F*** OSU

EDIT for not enough emphasis on
F*** OSU!!!!
You attend Michigan? I mean I go to UT, and we don't like our OUs. College fans are definitely way more rowdy (and drunk),

Though I never hear people say that's one of the most biggest rivalry in all of sports lol.

Lakers and Celtics
Yanks and Red Sox

Just two that come to mind.

@Niddo, that's because Hockey is the only sport you guys have.

And I guess Nys is not part of that statistic lol.

Also, I tried to find the TV ratings for the US vs Canada Gold Medal game last year, and this is what I found.

http://www.savefans.com/blog/2010/0...-breaks-canadian-american-tv-ratings-records/

So unless that's wrong, 26 million views doesn't compare to 100 million of the Saints vs Colts superbowl.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If you ask me, Cutler brought that on himself by standing on the sidelines the entire time. If you're hurt, at least sit down and make it look like you're hurt. Standing around isn't gonna make the coaches give you the okay to head back in.
You don't dig into the news do you? The coaches and trainers DECIDED he shouldn't go back in. I agree he has that dumb look of being bored and non-attentive, but he was helping the back up out plenty. A 2 second tv shot doesn't tell the whole tale.

For the record, I've also sprained my MCL, and you can stand on it for the rest of the day. Just going into the next few days, you're gonna be on crutches.

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You attend Michigan? I mean I go to UT, and we don't like our OUs. College fans are definitely way more rowdy (and drunk),

Though I never hear people say that's one of the most biggest rivalry in all of sports lol.

Lakers and Celtics
Yanks and Red Sox

Just two that come to mind.

@Niddo, that's because Hockey is the only sport you guys have.

And I guess Nys is not part of that statistic lol.

Also, I tried to find the TV ratings for the US vs Canada Gold Medal game last year, and this is what I found.

http://www.savefans.com/blog/2010/0...-breaks-canadian-american-tv-ratings-records/

So unless that's wrong, 26 million views doesn't compare to 100 million of the Saints vs Colts superbowl.
I can't remember where I saw the article. -_- I do remember that it was a little over 50% of Canadians watched the hockey game...maybe it was per capita based the comparison?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
You don't dig into the news do you? The coaches and trainers DECIDED he shouldn't go back in. I agree he has that dumb look of being bored and non-attentive, but he was helping the back up out plenty. A 2 second tv shot doesn't tell the whole tale.

For the record, I've also sprained my MCL, and you can stand on it for the rest of the day. Just going into the next few days, you're gonna be on crutches.

Edit: Sorry for double post.
I watched the news of this all the way up to when they finally said what kind of injury he had sustained during whatever play, and I still side with what Deion Sanders said: You've gotta be fighting people to the end to get back out on that field in a situation like that. The only slack I'd give Cutler for not getting back out there is because Caleb Hanie was showing him up big time. And they gave plenty of camera time on Cutler during the 3rd quarter, since no one knew what the heck was happening on that sideline.

And if he was helping Todd Collins, that would explain everything. >_____________>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The guy was the most sacked QB in the league, and he has repeatedly gotten up over and over again from every hit. You should never buy into what the media and cameras portray. You honestly think TO is yelling at people on the sidelines the whole game? You think Romo has that silly grin on his face the whole game? Players are constantly working on the sidelines. Caleb Hanie defended Cutler like no other, praising him for the advice and tips he got from him. Cutler was having a bad game, and he even tried to play on the injured leg. One of his linemen said his leg was literally buckling underneath him. It was not going to pan out, Caleb was on fire, you roll with what you have.

Down here in florida we get all the snow birds who come down from Canada. If you go to see a hockey game while they are down here, even if their team isn't playing, there are more Canadians at the rink than actual Panther fans or actual Floridians and they show up like a hour and a half before the game even starts just to get there and talk.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

I don't really care cause I watched both anyways, but if you take both those values as a percentage of the country in question's population, more Canadians watched the Gold Medal hockey game than American's watched the Superbowl. Way more, actually. Roughly 80% of Canada's population watched at least part of the hockey game, and about 55% watched the whole thing. 100 million is only about 30% of the USA's population.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
More people in my house watched the Superbowl than all of Canada watched the gold medal hockey match. 100%>80%.

oh wait..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seriously though, percentages can be a shady stat. Just like how always using the "mean" is not the best way to go. Sometimes range or mode is better.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Seriously though, percentages can be a shady stat. Just like how always using the "mean" is not the best way to go. Sometimes range or mode is better.
It depends what kind of statistic it is, but yes that's true. I just brought it up because I like statistics, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well yeah, I mean I can argue that, despite only 30% of America watching the game, 100 million still shows more popularity for the sport. I know Niddo said that practically all of Canada watched it, and if 27 some million = 80%, then that's cool.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
LOL statistics being off. Did you know that 78.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot and the ultimate troll is the normal distribution curve (second to bored)? Prob & Stats was one of my favorite courses last semester. I should look at that article or whatever on watching hockey just to look for anything that might throw the whole thing off. This is one of the few classes that I would like to apply on random stuff. :p

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ah, but what percent of Americans watch the Superbowl for the commercials? That's what my family does. >_> We have that channel in a smaller box of the TV off in a corner, when commercials are on, we switch what ever it was we were watching with that box, and switch back when the game is on. lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wise Homer Simpson once said, "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that"
its also a phrase i commonly use when someone is spouting bull**** stats

so i assume the superbowl has already happened then, so who won?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
so i assume the superbowl has already happened then, so who won?
Nah we're all talking about last year, the Superbowl is coming up this weekend. Apparently 7% of people in the USA think the Superbowl already happened though because they don't realize that there's a new one every year, and something like 91% of people not in the USA think the same. The other 9% either don't care or watch it thinking it's amateur Rugby with really bad refs.

Top Bottom