• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Man. Rust showed through like mad today. Got 33rd of 50-something. Only won one set.

I want to go to more tourneys now. I'm not okay with the mega-rust.

Also quite salty that the set I lost in losers was because of Aether just... not hitting a DK out of his recovery (not in his invincibility frames). He was at 135ish% and I was at 0% both on last stock.
I did -->>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQFC1x60jY#t=44s <<-- that... and Aether just didn't hit DK at all.

Also, happy birthday, Craysyn.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
One thing I've told myself in tournies is that if I'm holding a big lead like that, I'm not gonna do anything off stage. Too much gay **** can happen.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Happy birthday Nys!

I'm now under the impression that bair is a lot more useful than I thought. I had a bad habit of jumping back and fair/nair at a neutral position, but running/retreating bair is better. In fact, I should probably be utilizing bair a lot more than I do.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember trying this out back in the day with Kimchi. I would play countless matches where all I did was retreating b-airs to get an idea of how safe it can be as a keep away move. With Ike, it's kinda hard, but you can get around it. Shorter characters also have an advantage given we can't hit them with b-air. Haven't experimented with it since.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Wow haven't heard that theme song in such a long time. If we ever feel like doing that song in a thread we should totally do MMPR theme. Green eh? At least I get to be THAT GUY.

EDIT: Ussi that Avi and pink font color is just too good of a combo. >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
happy bday nyshark!

so errm, imagine this scenario, youve grabbed someone a lowish percent (under 40%) and you dthrow, what move do you do to follow up whatever action they can perform?
eg: what do you do when they AD/jump/attack/etc.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nair and uair, maybe usmash if they have to land on a platform
nono, i meant like, for each separate situation, what do you do? rather than one general one
eg, atm i do:
full hop b-air for AD
utilt for attack
aether for jump

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bored, be kind. I think your use of logic is scaring him.

@GP I like to cover the most possibilities with as few moves as possible. Really most aerials would work fine depending on if they are sent near offstage or near a platform.

Top Bottom