• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It is one of Ike's better stages, but the lava plumes are still dumb. I once had 70-80% of the stage having lava plumes heading towards it. Sometimes I have 2 lava plumes come back to back from each other, shield poking me in the end.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I like Norfair. Aether and Quick Draw are amazing on it, and Ike can dominate the center of the stage + obstacles sometimes force opponents to approach or stop camping if they are doing so
+ Counter stalling, LOL

But yah, lava plumes are stupid.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i forgot to mention.. i tripped into a lava plume in a MM too x.x i almost though i'd lose cause of it but then I kill the other guy cause he panicked from 4 lava plumes surrounding us

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i forgot to mention.. i tripped into a lava plume in a MM too x.x i almost though i'd lose cause of it but then I kill the other guy cause he panicked from 4 lava plumes surrounding us
four!?!
that can actually happen? i've only ever had two at once time. i dont mind it when stuf comes in from the sides, bottom or even the giant wave, its the random lava spray which ruins me because its hitboxes arent defined clearly at all
still, one of the most epic games ive ever had on wifi was vs. ussi on norfair XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ike can get away from lava plumes if he's on a lower platform pretty easily by doing a SH QD towards the outer ledge of a higher platform. You'll go right beneath the platform and snap to the ledge on the outside. You can't escape one inwards as safely though.

I like that SH QD ledge snap for a lot of things actually, I've done that -> ledge-drop Dair/Bair/Uair as an edge-guard, and you don't have to worry about being frame-perfect on the ledge-drop aerial input because there's a lower ledge to grab.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Jab -> stage hazard combos are legit. My favorites are Jab -> KlapTrap and Jab -> Countered Pirate Ship Bomb (I've actually pulled off both, and both times because the guy did a dodge right after the Jab).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sadly our stage list is too boring to allow combo's that cool, although i did pull off a combo-breaker by countering the claw on halberd when an MK was on his way to hit me (i still lost TT-TT)

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i don't get why people complain about rainbow cruise OR do bad on it.
i don't think that stage is very bad at all
when I first got into brawl at my college a friend of mine turned on RC and said its because its tourney legal and since i owned only melee at the time i at the very least knew where all the obstacles were
all but 2 people lost all 3 stocks to the stage pretty much every time we played on it(not including me)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I love RC, the flying ship part in the beginning is awesome for Ike IMO, as long as you can control the center. Using Aether so you slide on that little slope is awesome for catching opponents in the air over the left side, and you can Fthrow lock some characters against the back of the ship (very few though... I think it works on Wolf). Failing that though, trapping them there with Jab cancels after a Bthrow works for some extra damage too, and then shark them once they're above the platforms.

During the whole section where it's going up and over the pendulum just play hard to get and hold them off with Fair if they try to approach you. Then the next section is just a moving Battlefield with more slopes for shenanigans and a wall-lock spot that does the work for you as far as KOing them off the ceiling afterwards.

Some MUs are obviously not good for Ike here (lol MK) but I would CP this stage against a lot of different characters/players as Ike.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
lol RC. I find the stage very interesting to play on, but I still do bad there most of the time. One thing I found funny is the part that goes back down on the ship. Fthrow lock -> Dthrow on mid to high percents as the stage scrolls down is too pro.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I love RC, the flying ship part in the beginning is awesome for Ike IMO, as long as you can control the center. Using Aether so you slide on that little slope is awesome for catching opponents in the air over the left side, and you can Fthrow lock some characters against the back of the ship (very few though... I think it works on Wolf). Failing that though, trapping them there with Jab cancels after a Bthrow works for some extra damage too, and then shark them once they're above the platforms.

During the whole section where it's going up and over the pendulum just play hard to get and hold them off with Fair if they try to approach you. Then the next section is just a moving Battlefield with more slopes for shenanigans and a wall-lock spot that does the work for you as far as KOing them off the ceiling afterwards.

Some MUs are obviously not good for Ike here (lol MK) but I would CP this stage against a lot of different characters/players as Ike.

this video makes me rethink the ike vs MK MU on RC

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nah it's still pretty bad for Ike, BC just didn't know the MU very well there... set himself right up for the Fthrow lock against the wall and was lucky he didn't lose a stock from it. Also didn't pressure properly at the right parts of the stage. Plus I know San likes that stage too and knows how to play on it; the MK just got outplayed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
learn RC.. its a fun stage when you know how to navigate it. It takes just time playing on the stage to learn the tricks on it and the timing of the platforms. Also, carpets NEVER disappear from their starting point

I had so many lives saved by just QDing to the bottom left corner and landing on the carpet that was like on the blastzone

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
RC alleviates the effectiveness of CGs(D3, Falco) and projectile camping(Samus, Falco) due to how the stage works and that you always have to keep your movement in order to survive. That's already a big plus for Ike. Add in that Jab Cancels and grab do a lot of damage if you get them into a wall and you have a new CP stage for Ike.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I'm not sure with D3 since I rarely play against them but Falco and Samus definatly. The main thing they have over you are projectiles, and in Falco's case a CG. The projectile camping won't be effective on that stage due to the RC movement.

Also CP that stage against :snake:. He has less room for his powerful ground game and his weakness is more exploitable.(That's my opinion, anyway.)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fthrow CG is really pressuring against MK because of his frame 1 GTFO attacks, making me try to buffer each time

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So glad I didn't decide to post or I would've gotten ninja'd by Brett

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know, Bored, I know =D

I need to get Demon's Souls when it's super cheap, I'm always hearing great things about it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I originally wanted to play as a hunter, so I could stick with bow and arrows, but aiming is tough with analog sticks compared to a mouse and keyboard. Though I don't thinks game takes into account head shots.

Thief is the hardest class ;_;....

Top Bottom