• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
I saw my brother play Demon's Souls, it was the most entertaining game I ever watched someone play

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, with this block buster pass I got (a code I entered and now I get up to free 3 rentals from their online store for a month), I got Red Dead and Demon Souls. I plan to play Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions and if possible, Eternal Sonata.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
icies
it takes away most of their metagame
counter picking ice climbers to RC is usually a fail idea

You want to go to stages that they aren't afraid to be on, best bet is BF then PS1

Rainbow Cruise is just begging to bring out that pocket MK

:dizzy: IC mains know how lousy their character is on stages like brinstar and RC, unless you are confident and rather fight a pocket MK on a CP

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well...this is the first time I can say, I'm enjoying a video game despite the difficulty and all the deaths lol. I definitely recommend a rent at least. I like the online system. You get to see what others are doing in their parallel world, and you can view how they died so you can get a clue on what to expect (doesn't show what they died from). On top of that, ppl can leave messages giving hints and what not.

Apparently there is coop and PVP, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

And I agree with Ussi, ICs usually do pocket a secondary. I know Hylian uses G&W for stages liek RC.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

You want to go to stages that they aren't afraid to be on, best bet is BF then PS1

:dizzy: IC mains know how lousy their character is on stages like brinstar and RC, unless you are confident and rather fight a pocket MK on a CP
i personally would always go to battlefield vs. ice climbers as its just a personal favourite of mine, and im also free to retreat to a ledge if i feel i need to and then throw my sword through the middle of the stage, ledge camping is almost legitimate vs. icies XD

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Well...this is the first time I can say, I'm enjoying a video game despite the difficulty and all the deaths lol. I definitely recommend a rent at least. I like the online system. You get to see what others are doing in their parallel world, and you can view how they died so you can get a clue on what to expect (doesn't show what they died from). On top of that, ppl can leave messages giving hints and what not.

Apparently there is coop and PVP, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

And I agree with Ussi, ICs usually do pocket a secondary. I know Hylian uses G&W for stages liek RC.
Can't you sometimes kill the people online too and steal their souls?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

good point.
normally i stick with BF just because i don't play most CP stages enough to actually use them to my advantage
and i like winning from my own skill and not a stage.

Munzy

Smash Cadet
I was at a tourney with ussi a few days ago and i know all about getting counter picked with meta knight and rainbow cruise. Again though as a newcomer to the competitive scene im not really down as much with the stages and match-ups, i can just play as ike to an average extent

and id like to learn XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Happy New Year!
Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
Maligayang Bago Tuig!
Bonne année!
Feliz Año Nuevo!
新年あけましておめでとうございます!
Felice Anno Nuovo!
01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01011001 01100101 01100001 01110010 00100001
HOTEL - alpha - papa - papa - yankee - space
NOVEMBER - echo - whiskey - space
YANKEE - echo - alpha - romeo - exclamation mark

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Agreed. I didn't even do anything special besides get a little(emphasis on little) taste of alcohol. And it's pretty disgusting. lol bad aftertaste.

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Agreed. I didn't even do anything special besides get a little(emphasis on little) taste of alcohol. And it's pretty disgusting. lol bad aftertaste.
I am very dissapointed Redex, next thing you know you are going to be lying, then you will be fighting a homeless guy over cold french fries

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Eh, i like New Year's. Sure its nothing special, but people put meaning to it so why not take advantage of the whole concept of "New Year;s resolutions"

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Christmas actually has a meaning to it though.

Halloween was the day before All Saints Day. People thought that the evil spirits/demons/ect would try to mess things up for All Saints Day on that day, and would thus wear costumes and put out Jack O Lanterns to try to scare them away. So you're either celebrating people being scared, or celebrating evil's attempts to mess things up. Oh, and it's the holiday that makes the second most profits, just after Christmas for obvious reasons.

What a stupid thing to celebrate.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Buy the candy Nov 1st. Get exactly what you want, with all of the sales and everything.

In case you couldn't tell: I flat out hate Halloween. It's way too overhyped, forced upon you everywhere with stupid decorations, stupid costumes, stupid music, all for a celebration of either fear or evil. Neither of those things are worth celebrating in the slightest, yet we do so, second only to Christmas? What a joke. The "holiday" should be flat out removed from the calendar. Go celebrate something worthwhile.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Didn't you enjoy Halloween as a kid? Halloween today is intended for kids anyway. It's clearly lost its historical meaning and there's no use in complaining it's celebrating evil, because it's not.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Didn't you enjoy Halloween as a kid? Halloween today is intended for kids anyway. It's clearly lost its historical meaning and there's no use in complaining it's celebrating evil, because it's not.
1) Nope, I didn't.

2) If a holiday has no historical meaning, there is no point in celebrating it. Even something like Saint Patrick's Day has a meaning.

3) Yes it is. There are certainly people out there who treat it as such (Why hello there various cult groups/witchcraft practicers who love Halloween for that very reason).

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Halloween does have a historical meaning. That doesn't mean that Halloween right now has the same meaning as it did in the past. People stopped believing in the evil spirits but the holiday continues as a tradition, except now it's more joyful.

And at your 3rd point, that bit of Halloween is completely unrelated to what you experience.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Except it's not more joyful as people do try to use that day to talk with demons. It's a part of the holiday regardless of if you like it or not. It is the only "purpose" left within the day, seeing as people don't use it to try to scare away evil, as the day evil was suppose to mess up isn't really celebrated anymore. Why do we encourage it by making such a big deal out of the day?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeha for me as a kid, haloween wasnt a fun time, it was more a case of me pleading with mum to go trick or treating, as she was paranoid about those one-in-a-billion household that put razor's in the sweets
mum was admitted into rehab on the basis of paranoia a few years later

Top Bottom